GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Really happy to hear of this arrest. It was such a perplexing case. It’s obvious that LE was working diligently in the background. I’m anxious to hear the rest of the story.

In early March,they announced that they were looking for information as to whether anyone had seen her in the four corners area around January 18th. I wonder if that announcement brought in some tips. Is it possible someone did see her with someone in a military uniform and they narrowed it down from there?

This is such a sad case. I saw the news today about the arrest. My mind is spinning. I am very curious to learn more about how they narrowed down their suspect. I travel in the areas of San Juan County NM (where SK was from) and Coconino County AZ (where SK was found) and these areas are popular routes for many people in Texas and Arizona in the winter to travel up to the ski resorts in Colorado. I just wanted to mention this fact because although the geography of the crime scene seems random, it is actually a popular driving route.

Last edited:
Man arrested at Luke Air Force Base for death of Mennonite woman found near Sunset Crater

SABBM:

A warrant for Gooch's arrest was signed by a Flagstaff Justice Court judge on Friday, April 17, according to court documents.

Gooch has been accused of first-degree murder, kidnapping and theft in the Flagstaff Justice Court. Sheriff officials alleged the murder occurred between Jan. 18 and Jan. 19. Krause, 27, was first reported missing from the Lamp & Light community near the Farmington Mennonite Church on Jan. 18. Gooch was charged with theft for taking Krause's head covering and underwear, according to Flagstaff Justice Court documents.

<snip>

"Over the last few months, San Juan County has lived in fear not knowing if we had a predator inside of our community, or if someone was preying upon it," Ferrari said. "I can assure you, we have our man."

Ferrari said he supported the max penalty in the case.

"The sheriff of Coconino and I are committed to making sure that Mark Gooch receives a max sentence for these horrible crimes, and yes, Arizona still has the death penalty," Ferrari said.

Last edited:

This is such a sad case. I saw the news today about the arrest. My mind is spinning. I am very curious to learn more about how they narrowed down their suspect. I travel in the areas of San Juan County NM (where SK was from) and Coconino County AZ (where SK was found) and these areas are popular routes for many people in Texas and Arizona in the winter to travel up to the ski resorts in Colorado. I just wanted to mention this fact because although the geography of the crime scene seems random, it is actually a popular driving route.

Yes, me too! I was so saddened to see she had been found deceased. She seemed like a pure, good soul, which the world could use more of.

I had watched this thread for a few weeks and it seemed as if nothing at all was happening. I am shocked (in a very good way) that there was such deep investigative work that resulted in finding Sasha so far from home and then arresting someone. There was one tidbit in the article above:

"Video shows Gooch's vehicle outside the Mennonite community, according to San Juan Sheriff Shane Ferrari."

I wonder if they could see the license plate, even if only the state of issue and something else to narrow it down. Then check where owner of the car had been. Then see he had been in Farmington, see he had been in the area she was found and then found her. That would be very strong circumstantial evidence. I also wonder, did they find her headscarf in his possession? He was charged with theft of that. What could be the motive?

ETA - did she agree to meet him? If not, how on earth did he come across her at such a random place and time.

Last edited:
Yes, me too! I was so saddened to see she had been found deceased. She seemed like a pure, good soul, which the world could use more of.

I had watched this thread for a few weeks and it seemed as if nothing at all was happening. I am shocked (in a very good way) that there was such deep investigative work that resulted in finding Sasha so far from home and then arresting someone. There was one tidbit in the article above:

"Video shows Gooch's vehicle outside the Mennonite community, according to San Juan Sheriff Shane Ferrari."

I wonder if they could see the license plate, even if only the state of issue and something else to narrow it down. Then check where owner of the car had been. Then see he had been in Farmington, see he had been in the area she was found and then found her. That would be very strong circumstantial evidence. I also wonder, did they find her headscarf in his possession? He was charged with theft of that. What could be the motive.

It's possible they caught his vehicle on video around the Mennonite community and figured out he was the owner. They may have seen something suspicious enough on video, or found some other probable cause with him that would allow them to obtain a court order for the geo data from his cell phone or vehicle. That and/or other surveillance footage could've allowed them to retrace his movements.

I wonder what initially brought him to their attention. Was it just that his car had been spotted on surveillance near the compound?

I wonder if they could see the license plate, even if only the state of issue and something else to narrow it down. Then check where owner of the car had been. Then see he had been in Farmington, see he had been in the area she was found and then found her. That would be very strong circumstantial evidence. I also wonder, did they find her headscarf in his possession? He was charged with theft of that. What could be the motive?

ETA - did she agree to meet him? If not, how on earth did he come across her at such a random place and time.

BBM:

Asking the same questions.

MG is currently stationed in AZ, but I'm wondering where his home state is, and whether or not he himself grew up in or around a Mennonite community.

It beggars belief that this was a random crime.

It's much more likely that they knew each other somehow.

Autopsy results weren't released, but I think the ME's report will likely reveal the motive.

JMO.

I also wonder, did they find her headscarf in his possession? He was charged with theft of that. What could be the motive?

Snipped. I'm guessing they did find her head covering and underwear in his possession. He may have taken them as "trophies." Two of her most personal and symbolic possessions. I wouldn't be surprised if the motivation was sexual and she was targeted due to her religious lifestyle for perverse reasons. So sad. The Mennonites in my area have always been very kind to me.

I searched MG in his 20’s in Texas (just because that where Sasha is originally from-Grand Prairie) and sure enough...one came up from Duncanville, which is only 17 miles away (8 minutes driving). It’s possible that they were both raised Mennonite and their families knew each other.

I searched MG in his 20’s in Texas (just because that where Sasha is originally from-Grand Prairie) and sure enough...one came up from Duncanville, which is only 17 miles away (8 minutes driving). It’s possible that they were both raised Mennonite and their families knew each other.

Or even if he wasn't raised Mennonite and didn't know her at all, he may have been familiar with any Mennonite community he grew up near. Maybe he developed a sick fascination or grudge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back