NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no real way to know who is responsible for her disappearance. The idea that she was murdered or perhaps accidently killed by locals is plausible, but again, I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.

I was wondering if there was anything to undermine or back-up that particular claim.

I was wondering if there was anything to undermine or back-up that particular claim.

Well, there was a rumor that while riding her bicycle, she was struck and killed by a vehicle. The rumor has it there were several people in the car who buried her at an unknown location. I believe the link to that incident is broken. Supposedly, the guys in the car were harassing her, but did not mean to actually strike and kill her. Again, this is all rumor.

There is no real way to know who is responsible for her disappearance. The idea that she was murdered or perhaps accidently killed by locals is plausible, but again, I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.
Of course there is. People are still alive who were suspects or associated with suspects. Records are missing. They need to come clean.

There is a theory that Tara was accidently killed by the men that were following her in their car while she rode her bike. I've also heard that she was being stalked. So there isn't definitive knowledge.

I've long thought there were holes in this theory. If they had accidentally run her down, the instinctual thing to do would be to drive away. Would they stop to move the body, thus incriminating themselves further? I'm assuming they must have grabbed her bicycle as well. There's more evidence they now have to dispose of. I'm not saying they couldn't have done this in a panicked state but for me this looks more like an abduction.

I've long thought there were holes in this theory. If they had accidentally run her down, the instinctual thing to do would be to drive away. Would they stop to move the body, thus incriminating themselves further? I'm assuming they must have grabbed her bicycle as well. There's more evidence they now have to dispose of. I'm not saying they couldn't have done this in a panicked state but for me this looks more like an abduction.
I think so too.

I know chances are extremely slim but i wonder if police ever looked into serial killer David Parker Ray for Tara Abduction/murder while i Don’t think it’s him and probably was a bunch of teenage boys who took Tara then killed her. Ray would be an interesting suspect in this case non of his victims were ever found but he was certainly active around Tara disappearance. Just a thought since they never have solved this case.

That's a good theory. It gives credence to the theory that this is no ordinary accident. I've always believed that Tara knew her abductors, and while they were stalking/harassing her from a truck, they never intended to seriously injure her. Once this happened, they may ahve panicked, fearing the consequences of their actions, and decided to finish her off elsewhere (as a result of her being able to identify them), and bury her with the bicycle.

That's a good theory. It gives credence to the theory that this is no ordinary accident. I've always believed that Tara knew her abductors, and while they were stalking/harassing her from a truck, they never intended to seriously injure her. Once this happened, they may ahve panicked, fearing the consequences of their actions, and decided to finish her off elsewhere (as a result of her being able to identify them), and bury her with the bicycle.

Oh, well I was actually discrediting that idea in my post :oops:

Do I believe that some troublesome teens accidentally run her down, piled her body and bicycle into a truck and covered it up? No. That takes it from a simple hit-and-run involuntary manslaughter to whole other level. I still think they would've driven away rather than take the risk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back