NM NM - Tara Calico, 19, Belen, 20 Sept 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These 4 men are dead. How does this story jive with the Sheriff talking like the perpetrators are alive? If the perpetrators are in fact not alive, then the press conference was misleading.

The PC was so odd. They could have just released a statement announcing this news.
I heard one of them died under suspicious circumstances in the early '90's, but I didn't know about any of the others.

Interesting "developments". However, I will reserve judgement re: whether this is anything substantive until the official detail(s) are released, etc.

I still don't believe that the Polaroid found in FL in '89 has anything to do with this TC case. It's either a hoax, or possibly something else. This is just MHO, obviously.

There have also been many theories surrounding what happened to Calico. One claimed the son of sheriff Lawrence Romero was involved in the disappearance. On Tuesday law enforcements put those rumors to rest, saying all public theories have been ruled out.

The names were already mentioned in that document but I won't mention them here. There were 3 young men that raped and killed her. One of them was the son of sheriff Rivera, however he won't be prosecuted since he committed suicide in 1991.

The names were already mentioned in that document but I won't mention them here. There were 3 young men that raped and killed her. One of them was the son of sheriff Rivera, however he won't be prosecuted since he committed suicide in 1991.
Don't you mean "the son of Sheriff Romero?" Rivera was the Deputy Sheriff who allegedly helped cover up the crime by destroying evidence.

The police report says that three young men held Tara down while Lawrence Romero, Jr., stabbed her to death, so four young men participated in the murder, according to that report.

Deputy Rivera is still alive, isn't he? I think that he will be one of the people charged.

I'm not sure who the red-headed perp was or whether he is still alive.
It's wrong how they the public out of the know.It's been 35 years

Don't you mean "the son of Sheriff Romero?" Rivera was the Deputy Sheriff who allegedly helped cover up the crime by destroying evidence.

The police report says that three young men held Tara down while Lawrence Romero, Jr., stabbed her to death, so four young men participated in the murder, according to that report.
I'm so glad the truth is finally coming out. That poor girl.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't believe that the Polaroid found in FL in '89 has anything to do with this TC case. It's either a hoax, or possibly something else. This is just MHO, obviously.

That photo was disproven as a hoax decades ago. There is nothing in any news release in regards to Tara Calico (or her case file) about that pic. Please do not believe anything you watch on Unsolved Mysteries.

Last edited:
This is insane! We’re possibly getting answers after all these years! I first learned of Tara Calico’s case through “Unsolved Mysteries” only a few years ago!
Unsolved Mysteries, while a highly rated show, was notorious for ignoring facts about cases, and often made up their own theories about the case, in hopes of achieving higher TV ratings. I strongly advise to do research on the Calico case and others, rather than a TV show.

Law enforcement has not officially named anyone a suspect or person of interest in this case, regardless of the names mentioned in the older documents posted recently. Please refrain from sleuthing those people or making accusations against them. We don’t want innocent peoples’ names slandered. I’m certain there’s a very good reason no one was named during this last press conference.

Thanks!
Mad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties