No outcry to find the killer/Zanny

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the Anthony's issue of not getting into full acceptance, is also balanced by who they are surrounded by: as long as KFN and DC are up their tails filling their heads and hearts full of BS about it being someone else and such, the Anthony's are going to have a hard time coming to complete acceptance that Casey did what she did. That PI and KFN rely on this case for their bread and butter... I've have long thought that they have yanked the Anthonys around to their own profit, regardless of the truth.

I will not admit to three times in a single thread. I am going into deep denial now. j/k

It'll be okay, lin. Why don't you run out and get yourself a nice steak dinner. It'll make you feel better and you'll be back to disagreeing with me in no time :blowkiss:

Sadly, I agree. They haven't made any public statements other than at the memorial since being on LKL, that I recall. Yes, there would be interest.

ETA: Oh NO!!! That's TWICE in one thread! Chilly Willy, what are you doing to my brain!?! ;)

All of their interviews before Caylee's body was found were to persuade the public (and jury pool) that Caylee was alive and Casey was Mother of the Year. They also wanted to collect donations for the searches. What can they say now? We need your help finding the real killer. Who is going to believe them? I'm quite sure they've been told sternly, "shut your trap" or it will get worse for Casey (if that's even possible).

Sure, we know that now, but they didn't know it then.

They had to have known in December during the LKL interview. Do you really believe them when they said the smell was rotting pizza after they both said it smelled like a dead body. One of the detectives strongly advised them to stop lying to the public. LE finally had to put out a statement to debunk the 'mistruths' Cindy/George kept telling the media.

I don't expect they ever will, nor are they obligated to.

Please allow me to rephrase. I disagree that the A's have 'all but said' they no longer believe the nanny story. They have not done so publicly, that I recall.

Amity, This is so true and I think it is something that people can't or don't want to understand . I think sometimes we forget that people cycle back and forth through the stages of grief--including denial. And to me this is the worst kind of grief I could imagine, losing a beloved innocent young granddaughter and faced with the evidence against your daughter -- whom you couldn't help but remember when she was an innocent baby herself. I think people expect them to have had one moment (and to have had that moment as soon as most of the public did) where they switched from hope /denial to absolute belief in her guilt--which they never again would doubt.

Some people believe that because they said the car smelled like death, they knew from then on that Casey was guilty and everything denying that was totally faking. I don't see it like that. I think they are still cycling in and out of denial - - maybe they are partly suspecting she murdered her, partly thinking maybe it was an accident & KC was scared to admit it (perhaps because of negligence or abuse, like drugging Caylee.)....and partly still desperately and illogically wishing there would be some other alternative to either of those.

Victims' families sometimes do have go into denial in a way that makes no sense to others -- everything from the character and habits of an adult victim, to denying some aspect of the crime even if they have seen the autopsy report or heard evidence in court , because they can't bear the thought of their loved one's suffering...for example denying a victim was raped before their murder even though at one moment they had known that the report said that. ....and in some cases it can go all the way up to denying the person is dead even after the body has been found and identified.
The mind does have amazing abilities to protect itself from something too painful to cope with yet.

Thank you for sharing your own difficult experience. I'm sorry for whatever has happened that has been so hard to accept and has caused you to have to give up your hopes; since it is not death,, I hope things will turn out better than it may seem now -- different than you expected, but maybe still good.

Have you heard/read GA's LE interviews? Just sayin'...

at about 3:50 in the first part of LKL, CA states she has never suspected KC.

The title of this thread says it all, IMO.

I agree that this is another piece of circumstantial evidence against Casey. She has never cried out for anyone to find out what happened to her baby. She didn't call police when she went "missing", she acted thoroughly bored and lied to police when she finally did speak to them, and once arrested has never cried out for justice for her daughter. "Find the killer of my daughter!" That is just not normal. She no longer has to worry about "protecting" Caylee anymore...that part of her story has dissolved (if you ever believed it in the first place). So where is the cry out for help in finding the murderer? She is too busy sitting in her cell ordering from the commissary. Heck - nobody is calling for justice. Not Casey, not her defense team, and not her family. WHY???? Because they know there is no one out there to look for. The guilty party is sitting in jail and they are busy trying to come up with a defense for her.

Have you heard/read GA's LE interviews? Just sayin'...

Yes I have heard them. He sounds like he is taking glimpses into an abyss of unthinkable horror - - he also seems almost fragmented - the LE part of himself , the grandfather and the father.
He says something along the lines of "You don't want to think you've raised someone who could do something like this" ....which gives the impression he IS thinking that, but having a lot of trouble facing it.

As I wrote I think they have cycled in and out of denial. Perhaps often hovered on the edge. The LE interviews were early. and after that it almost seemed like GA maybe started out less in denial and was thinking in terms of not wanting to upset CA by forcing her to face this possibilty.... but became "infected" by CAs illogical hopes, in a sort of folie à deux. (and likely spurred on by people like KFN)

Yes I have heard them. He sounds like he is taking glimpses into an abyss of unthinkable horror - - he also seems almost fragmented - the LE part of himself , the grandfather and the father.
He says something along the lines of "You don't want to think you've raised someone who could do something like this" ....which gives the impression he IS thinking that, but having a lot of trouble facing it.

As I wrote I think they have cycled in and out of denial. Perhaps often hovered on the edge. The LE interviews were early. and after that it almost seemed like GA maybe started out less in denial and was thinking in terms of not wanting to upset CA by forcing her to face this possibilty.... but became "infected" by CAs illogical hopes, in a sort of folie à deux. (and likely spurred on by people like KFN)

I think George knows all the evidence points to Casey, but he still loves her. She will always be his daughter. He will support her and love her no matter what. I think he is a religious man and believes in forgiveness and does not want to judge her actions. He said as much at the memorial. I just don't think he can bring himself to openly admit that he feels she is guilty - because that would hurt her case. He has lost his granddaughter and doesn't want to lose his daughter too. I can totally understand that. I just wish he had stayed quiet from the beginning, and I think people would have more respect for him now.

I believe Cindy on the other hand has totally different motivations. IMO. She is all about control and perception. She will never admit Casey did anything because she can't handle being the mother of a monster. She will deny, deny, deny that her family is anything but perfect. I don't think she will ever change her mind unless Casey steps up and confesses...which is not likely.

Just like they never asked for anyone to bring her home. They "said" she was kidnapped, but I do not recall ever hearing them say please bring her home.

<respectfully snipped>

I believe Cindy on the other hand has totally different motivations. IMO. She is all about control and perception. She will never admit Casey did anything because she can't handle being the mother of a monster. She will deny, deny, deny that her family is anything but perfect. I don't think she will ever change her mind unless Casey steps up and confesses...which is not likely.

I think CA can/has handled being KC's mother. I believe CA simply can not handle being proven wrong - just like her daughter.

Just like they never asked for anyone to bring her home. They "said" she was kidnapped, but I do not recall ever hearing them say please bring her home.
In fact, as LE is recovering Caylee's remains, they're on LKL proclaiming Caylee is in Tennessee and swear they believe the tipster who thinks she saw her. God help the little girl in Tennesse who looks like Caylee. Her life would have been turned upside down all by the coincidence of being a brunette little girl. Many people also reported seeing Laci Peterson walking her dog at the time we now know she was dead and in the Bay by.

In fact, as LE is recovering Caylee's remains, they're on LKL proclaiming Caylee is in Tennessee and swear they believe the tipster who thinks she saw her. God help the little girl in Tennesse who looks like Caylee. Her life would have been turned upside down all by the coincidence of being a brunette little girl. Many people also reported seeing Laci Peterson walking her dog at the time we now know she was dead and in the Bay by.

bold mine

That's not a true statement. George and Cindy were on LKL the night of December 10th. Caylee's body was found on December 11th.

I think CA can/has handled being KC's mother. I believe CA simply can not handle being proven wrong - just like her daughter.

Agreed! She does not like to admit she is wrong....and neither does Casey. Which is why I doubt we will ever see a confession.

Actually, I like that they didn't ask the public to help them find the killer or say they were now on the hunt for the real killer. OJ was laughed at when he said he was on a mission to find the real killers and his inactivity was mentioned frequently.

JoAnn_W

Don't know much about criminal law so am just guessing here --- How can defense suggest an accident without putting KC on the stand? They'd have to have some foundation and the atty's can't testify for her. The experts can't determine an accidental COD. Sure, JB can ask, 'is it possible this was an accident' but then the SA would jump right in to object to that line of questioning, likely sustained. Even if he got away with it, the state would be able to cross the witness and destroy that line. So, I have no worries about that, based on the little knowledge I have.

I have read a lot of your posts and I think you are a caring, very compassionate person. Perhaps part of you just wants it to be an accident rather than face the horror of what, imo, really happened. Frankly, I do too but sadly, don't believe that's what happened; at least not what I'd consider an accident.

I think you are absolutely correct on the trial issue. To claim accident and have the slightest chance, they would have to put KC on the stand and have her tell her story. , The jury would feel "entitled" to that. And Nobody else was there. It depends what evidence the state has as to whether they could disprove that claim. But they would certainly, gleefully attack her credibility , very easily, by referring back to her ZG statement and all her lies, forcing her to admit she lied about this and she lied about that, and asking the old "How do we know you're not lying now?" question.
With her outrageous lying and impeding the investigation she will have a very hard time getting a jury to believe a word she says.
But considering the alternative of the ZG story , I would not be surprised if JB has been badgering KC to say it's an accident but she won't budge from her ridiculous scapenannygoat.

Actually, if I just look at what evidence I've seen so far, I don't feel it is enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was premeditated. That doesn't mean I absolutely think it was an accident -- and if it was unintended I think it was likely still homicide, in the course of some kind of abuse or neglect that would have looked so bad she was willing to try to cover the whole thing up -- like she was drugging Caylee and she OD'd.

I'm thinking they likely have more evidence that will prove the charges they've brought--but we have not yet seen it. Internet searches may indicate she had been fantasizing about killing someone (though that is pretty nebulous), but don't prove a full scale plan. Everything related to the disposal of the body and the lying afterward could be following an unintended death. Duct tape could just as plausibly be placed postmortem to stop leakage. However if there are teeth marks that look like poor Caylee was chewing on on the duct tape struggling trying to remove it, then I'd say that would prove premeditated murder.

I know i'm affected by wishing Caylee not to have experiienced such terrifying brutality from her mother in her last moments. It almost made me literally sick to even write that last sentence in the preceding paragraph. But I don't think that stops me from rationally considering the evidence and how the defense will challege it and argue. and won't stop me from being glad if they do have enough to prove premeditated homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234