Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he have slept in a hotel or in a tent?
I have been wondering about the possibility of a tent, if he had one, he would have needed a sleeping bag and - mat too. And a small heater to make coffee.
Together with the kayak and his other luggage, he would have been loaded like a donkey.

Are there images available of him leaving at the Dutch airport?
We don't know if he took a tent etc with him. So the image at Schipho is interesting indeed.

Thanks for the link, wish i knew what the title says, apparently it is amusing?
b4e6dd94cf_Tuva_cell_tower_V20.png

Alle pica's in 1 hogere res plaatje (16mb): hierrr.

Do you have a centralized list of open questions and findings?
If so, can you consider sharing this list in order to Tarjei and me so we can be working with you in order to visualize all other facts and findings and be sure not to overlook a particular issue?

If there are items that are know, but that you do not want to be public, that is no problem and we can generate and maintain private/confidential information maps just for family/relative/close friends purposes as well.

Cave

If you want to work in this scenario, I can only see him as a NATO contractor, the nature of AK's areas of work and knowledge does not invite a "Blackhat" scenario IMO. :)
"We must expect Russia or others to test us with cyber attacks during the autumn NATO exercise," said Prime Minister Erna Solberg yesterday. "The world's eyes are going to be on Norway during Trident Juncture, good and bad. There is clearly an increased risk of increased intelligence during the exercise. It is reasonable to expect that someone has an interest in following up on what we are doing. " IF he is a NATO contractor, there would be people that don't want him to be.I have difficulties beliveing the scenario though . .

"We have signals that the person who turned it on also knows the PIN code of the SIM card." (De Telegraaf 6 sep)

The top of my list is whether the police can confirm or reject whether this event has left safe technical traces that someone with knowledge to access the phone and who has opened it and read a message. I suppose the information in the article is built on Ancillas mobile app that marks it as read but I do not know.
Information about the character of the signal around Fauske would be a super bonus.

Nye mobilspor i Kamphuis-mysteriet

images

ÅSTED NORGE (TV 2): The police can tonight tell Åsted Norway that a mobile phone that connects with the 46-year-old sent signals to three different base stations in Rogaland. All along E39.
Åsted Norway can now publish more new information in the mysterious disappearance case. The signals from Arjen Kamphuis's telephone were captured by a total of three base stations in the Rogaland area on 30 August. These are the base stations Ualand, Vikeså and Bråstein.
The police tell Åsted Norway that the phone was turned on for about twenty minutes, before there was then placed in a German SIM card in the mobile phone.

The police assume that the phone has been in motion, but wishes Åsted Norway not to rule out the possibility that the phone may also have switched to different base stations without it being in motion.

BBM

Nothing is said about the direction of the movement, or the sequence in which the phone connected to the towers.

The police only tells that the phones connected to three different base stations and it may even have been stationary.

Then someone notes that: Common to all base stations is that they are located along the E39. If you drive this route from Bråstein, through Vikeså, and stop at Ualand, it will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to arrive. Now I wonder: did the police say that? (IMHO they did not) or is someone else connecting some dots as an example? (IMHO this is the case.)

The phone may have been in a helicopter, or with the unidentified lookalike of Arjen who was allegedly seen hiking in the area.

My idea was that it might have been a moving FLIX bus, direction unknown, but they have no service in that area of Norway, only one short line with a few stops from the south border up to Oslo.

The phone could also travel by bus and train between Bråstein and Ualand, and I also think signals from a boat that goes along the coast would be picked up by these base stations as they all are close to the sea.

Last edited:
"We have signals that the person who turned it on also knows the PIN code of the SIM card." (De Telegraaf 6 sep)

The top of my list is whether the police can confirm or reject whether this event has left safe technical traces that someone with knowledge to access the phone and who has opened it and read a message. I suppose the information in the article is built on Ancillas mobile app that marks it as read but I do not know.
Information about the character of the signal around Fauske would be a super bonus.
So the German SIM that was put in his phone had a code, hope they are sure about that. With known operator they will be able to make a more spesific map where the mobile connects, as in these sites: Cellular Tower and Signal Map and https://finnsenderen.no

Last edited:
I still wonder about the sms that according to the media was recieved on AK phone
If the phone was reported stolen the DP can/will send a sms text to the phone...but dont know if it was ever reported stolen and if the police in Norway also do this to track down a phone
by sending text message to his phone
If I am not mistaken this will be done by IMEI number ,correct?

So if you mean this @eeqaz
Translation of the link posted above.
@Lorrie posted the link in the forum and here is the transaltion of that article:

The police found abandoned tent with expensive equipment - asking for tips Publisert:06. september 2018, kl. 14:38
This is how the tent that the police found abandoned on Rørvikstranda in Vågan ut (see picture in the article)

The police want tips after a tent of content has been found abandoned on Rørvikstranda in Vågan. The tent should have been on the beach for about three weeks before it was retrieved by the police in Svolvær Wednesday.
- We have not received any tips on the matter. There is not much else we can do than to hope that anyone who has information about who owns the tent or has seen something, contacts police chief of the Svolvær police station, Ketil Finstad-Steira, adding that all information in the case is desirable.
- If anyone has observed whether there is a male or female, or if there has been more than one person in the tent, we would like to know it.
Inside the orange tent was found a inflatable mattress of the branded Exped, climbing equipment, a book by American writer Tom Wolfe, a large kitchen, a folding solar panel, wet wipes and sunglasses.

It was said here on the forum,it was fake news because it was ruled out.The tent was found abandoned for 3 week (begin aug,I guess)

But the inflatable mattress is the same branch that has selling points in NL and I think that it must be reconsidered to ask questions about it.
Also the New York post wrote DNA was taken from Arjen..so just to make sure..IMO
@Cave @eeqaz this one I think?

Small update on cell tower research
This item is not about the actual reception of signals, but is meant to inform where possible cell towers for reception are placed in all relevant areas.

Centre of Rognan: 3 cell towers
upload_2018-9-25_21-37-36.png

North of Rognan 3 cell towers
upload_2018-9-25_21-39-39.png

Rognan further north:
upload_2018-9-25_21-41-55.png

In direction of finding place of items:
upload_2018-9-25_21-42-58.png

Towards Fauske:
upload_2018-9-25_21-43-50.png

At Fauske Station (listening post)
upload_2018-9-25_21-44-33.png

Shoreside of Fauske Station (listening post)
upload_2018-9-25_21-45-26.png

West of Fauske Station (listening post)

Kayak in fjord
upload_2018-9-25_21-45-59.png

Hjengam area
upload_2018-9-25_21-46-54.png

Overvatnet area
upload_2018-9-25_21-47-36.png

Cave

Cell tower placement for stationary position of bearer of mobile phone in Vikesa.

Cconnection possibilities.

upload_2018-9-25_21-58-46.png

Available 2G/3G/4G
Distance 1500 mtr, azimuth 105 degrees

Available 2G/3G/4G
Distance 3750 mtr, azimuth 183 degrees

Available 2G/4G (no 3G)
Distance 4430 mtr, azimuth 234 degrees

Available 2G/3G/4G
Distance 6714 mtr, azimuth 306 degrees

Further analysis of connection possibilities in progress...

Cave

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-25_21-55-3.png
    upload_2018-9-25_21-55-3.png
    467.7 KB · Views: 1
I still wonder about the sms that according to the media was recieved on AK phone
If the phone was reported stolen the DP can/will send a sms text to the phone...but dont know if it was ever reported stolen and if the police in Norway also do this to track down a phone
by sending text message to his phone
If I am not mistaken this will be done by IMEI number ,correct?

In order to perform an analysis of possible locations we would need to know which was the exact application that was used on which basis it was said that the message was 'received'.
Knowing the mark of the phone and name of the application would give insight to analysis which transmission type (2G/3G/4G) is likely to have been used.

The ranges for 2G/3G/4G are all different. Knowing the application and phone type would give insight in transmission type and would enable us to make a full map where coverage of that type of transmission would be feasible (= where bearer of phone could have performed that type of transmission).

Family and or friends of Arjen, additional information on Arjens phones and type of communication apps is essential in order to perform calculations and analyses of connection possibilities.
If info is considered confidential, please consider contacting us privately.

Since Ancilla told in interviews about her sending messages to Arjan (6/8 or 7/8 and 9/8), Ancilla would be able to tell which application was used.
Also name of original provider would be helpfull (can be found in administration of Arjen, billing info).
If info regarding the type of phone is simply not available among family and friend, please consider making a schedule to screen all videos where Arjen appears for any remarks he might have made during such an appearance about the type of phone he used.

Cave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members