Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: it is not being said that the phone indeed was moving.
See my post with the basic explanation about 'phones handing off' from one cell tower to another.

If the police states that currently they are not able to confirm that the phone was 'moving' this would likely mean that police has seen from the technical phone data that the signal strength did not varied or only varied little, but handoff point was reached.

f99cd8e5f460f5119e3851380e9bd71f.jpg

Cave
it says kayak found by fisher, I ve only red police found it on land, but is it cleared out a fisher found it in the fjord and took it to land ? can anyone link ?

Police have searched with military boats and dogs, and the only things known found is by private persons..

@eeqaz - nope as I understood it it was local persons who took it to land close where it was found..

Here: The police found the kayak on land. We still have information that people in the area found the kayak on the shore. These people took the kayak on land, "said Walla. https://www.an.no/arjen-kamphuis/no...noen-dager-for-politiet-fant-den/s/5-4-860187

tv2 states this here Nye mobilspor i Kamphuis-mysteriet : The police have reason to believe that he has had trips in the Bodø, Fauske, Saltdal and Sørfold areas. They therefore want to encourage the audience to show vigilance when discovering objects in the Indre Salten area. These may include things like bags, sacks, outdoor clothing, kayaking equipment and tent.

I found it interesting...

Update on Beautrophy. The freighter has now arrived in Turkey. Now it is next to another Dutch cargo ship in the same harbor section. The Dutch flag is not the most common flag to sail under and there are currently not many Dutch ships in Turkish ports. It's probably a coincidence that they are right next to each other right now. It might be interesting to know the nationality of the crew at Beautrophy, Dutch or is it Indonesian. I know from when I sailed a little with Greenpeace that Dutch seamen are not a company to be missed, we managed to pour beer to Swedish police and customs officers. A company Arjen has not missed if he has met them.

The two Dutch cargo ships that have been lying next to each other for a day (Beautrophy arrived on Sep 24) has today left the Turkish port. Beautrophy travels against the Suez Canal and Oceanic sails towards the Greek port of Alexandroupolis. Alexandroupolis is probably just a little boring sleeping village with a harbor, no in this case, which is a mystery and Alexandroupolis is of course a hot spot that can draw fairly new headlines like these. (NATO has many bases everywhere;))

Will the US transfer Incirlik nuclear weapons to Alexandroupolis, Greece?

Russia meddles in Greek town to push back the west

Militant anti-imperialist demonstration in Alexandroupoli against the creation of a new NATO military base

The track is still unlikely but still exciting...

Dear family of Arjen, would you like to share here what your most likely scenario is? Thank you
We really don't know. We can imagine he wanted to stay two more days or so in Norway (with a flexible ticket he could have taken a plane home on Friday). But if he wanted to go kayaking in Fauske or Rognan after his stay in Bodo, he would have put his luggage and slept somewhere there and go kayaking next morning. But his luggage is nowhere to be found. That is one of the many strange things.

v2 states this here Nye mobilspor i Kamphuis-mysteriet : The police have reason to believe that he has had trips in the Bodø, Fauske, Saltdal and Sørfold areas. They therefore want to encourage the audience to show vigilance when discovering objects in the Indre Salten area. These may include things like bags, sacks, outdoor clothing, kayaking equipment and tent.
That is indeed interesting!
BTW no reply on the tweet I send to Tarjei Abelsen

You are right.. So media is wrong.
I think it could have to do with the difference between responsibility for bus/coach and train, but in that case: Police needs to check on lockers both in Rognan AND in Fauske.

Is there anyone from this forum who has a direct link to the investigation team of the police in order to ask for screening of lockers at both stations at once?

Cave
This is on our list of questions we are going to discuss with the Dutch police soon.

We really don't know. We can imagine he wanted to stay two more days or so in Norway (with a flexible ticket he could have taken a plane home on Friday). But if he wanted to go kayaking in Fauske or Rognan after his stay in Bodo, he would have put his luggage and slept somewhere there and go kayaking next morning. But his luggage is nowhere to be found. That is one of the many strange things.

Would he have slept in a hotel or in a tent?
I have been wondering about the possibility of a tent, if he had one, he would have needed a sleeping bag and - mat too. And a small heater to make coffee.
Together with the kayak and his other luggage, he would have been loaded like a donkey.

Are there images available of him leaving at the Dutch airport?

If his friend says he is into taking selfies in front of cyber buildings, then of course this is an option.
Would he go by kayak? IMHO he could afford a taxi. (Even in Norway!)

I guess he could afford to take a taxi, but if he didnt want a lot of attention and risk a lot of trouble other ways to go there seems smarter.. I would guess the taxidriver would wonder if a foreigner wanted to go there in the evening and call the police...

Here is a list with map over the most used hiking tracks around Fauske. Ti på Topp Fauske 2018 At Kvænflåget between Fauske og Saltdal, there is a story from the 1700 century about how a Sami herder lured 50 pirates to fall from the mountain "Indianeren" and drown in the ocean. But AKs kayak stuff would not be in the water then . .

If he had the key to Turist-foreningen huts he have a few to choose from in Nordland, Nordland fylke på UT.no - UT.no

Last edited:
Would he have slept in a hotel or in a tent?
I have been wondering about the possibility of a tent, if he had one, he would have needed a sleeping bag and - mat too. And a small heater to make coffee.
Together with the kayak and his other luggage, he would have been loaded like a donkey.

Are there images available of him leaving at the Dutch airport?
Someone wrote earlier in a forum that they (police?)had found a cooking pot, and a sleeping matress, I have not red it myself

Someone wrote earlier in a forum that they (police?)had found a cooking pot, and a sleeping matress, I have not red it myself

Really? Would have thought the local news papers would have mention that... Or tv2...

So if you mean this @eeqaz
Translation of the link posted above.
@Lorrie posted the link in the forum and here is the transaltion of that article:

The police found abandoned tent with expensive equipment - asking for tips Publisert:06. september 2018, kl. 14:38
This is how the tent that the police found abandoned on Rørvikstranda in Vågan ut (see picture in the article)

The police want tips after a tent of content has been found abandoned on Rørvikstranda in Vågan. The tent should have been on the beach for about three weeks before it was retrieved by the police in Svolvær Wednesday.
- We have not received any tips on the matter. There is not much else we can do than to hope that anyone who has information about who owns the tent or has seen something, contacts police chief of the Svolvær police station, Ketil Finstad-Steira, adding that all information in the case is desirable.
- If anyone has observed whether there is a male or female, or if there has been more than one person in the tent, we would like to know it.
Inside the orange tent was found a inflatable mattress of the branded Exped, climbing equipment, a book by American writer Tom Wolfe, a large kitchen, a folding solar panel, wet wipes and sunglasses.

It was said here on the forum,it was fake news because it was ruled out.The tent was found abandoned for 3 week (begin aug,I guess)

But the inflatable mattress is the same branch that has selling points in NL and I think that it must be reconsidered to ask questions about it.
Also the New York post wrote DNA was taken from Arjen..so just to make sure..IMO

Here is a list with map over the most used hiking tracks around Fauske. Ti på Topp Fauske 2018 At Kvænflåget between Fauske og Saltdal, there is a story from the 1700 century about how a Sami herder lured 50 pirates to fall from the mountain "Indianeren" and drown in the ocean. But AKs kayak stuff would not be in the water then . .

If he had the key to Turist-foreningen huts he have a few to choose from in Nordland, Nordland fylke på UT.no - UT.no
So the police or others have now revealed he was in the areas north of Bodo and Fauske. We didn't have that info before. This is really interesting. Are there still Sami there? (I loved the reindeer migration slow tv!)

So the police or others have now revealed he was in the areas north of Bodo and Fauske. We didn't have that info before. This is really interesting. Are there still Sami there? (I loved the reindeer migration slow tv!)

Yes, it is... Both at Fauske and Saltdal (the valley from Rognan) and further north... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15