Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... great job.... but I thought she looks more “mannish” with her very short hair and strong chin.

Wow... great job.... but I thought she looks more “mannish” with her very short hair and strong chin.

I know right! But there are trans youtube makeup influencers out there (nikki tutorials for example) that look more androgynous before they put makeup on so I thought that would be a great place to start when doing her composit.

also, for the sake of theories, let’s say it was 100% a suicide - mental health catastrophe, it wouldn’t be reasonable to change your appearance- especially where hair is concerned. Look at Brittany spears during her mental health crisis, she shaved her head & tried to take her own life.
Last year I went thru a bit of a mental health crisis aswell & I too, changed my hair, dying it blond (for the very first time)! It completely changed the way I looked & many people didn’t recognize me. On that note, apart of my depression came from a place of fear because they hyped the virus to seem way worse than it actually is so I made a complete “bucket list” to 1. Keep me entertained / distracted 2. For self care & 3. In the event I died (due to pandemic), I will have had checked off things I wanted to do with my life.

if this is a situation of suicide it’s fair to say she had ideas similar in nature. I have also often wondered if she had a terminal illness... autopsy doesn’t say.

Another thing I wanted to point out was her check in card “rue de la station / stehde”

I have my own theory on that one too;

In German they use the noun for “street” as “straBe”. I figure she was about to write “straBe” then clued in that she had to use Belgium as an address so finished it as “station” when half way thru writing it.
You can sense the urgency and panic in her writing right after “station / straBe” & I also think that’s why it’s written differently than a traditional Belgium address line. (Using 148 after). The only thing the check in card shows me, is that she’s German. Country area codes are easy to remember & that’s all you would really need. ‍♀️

I know right! But there are trans youtube makeup influencers out there (nikki tutorials for example) that look more androgynous before they put makeup on so I thought that would be a great place to start when doing her composit.

also, for the sake of theories, let’s say it was 100% a suicide - mental health catastrophe, it wouldn’t be reasonable to change your appearance- especially where hair is concerned. Look at Brittany spears during her mental health crisis, she shaved her head & tried to take her own life.
Last year I went thru a bit of a mental health crisis aswell & I too, changed my hair, dying it blond (for the very first time)! It completely changed the way I looked & many people didn’t recognize me. On that note, apart of my depression came from a place of fear because they hyped the virus to seem way worse than it actually is so I made a complete “bucket list” to 1. Keep me entertained / distracted 2. For self care & 3. In the event I died (due to pandemic), I will have had checked off things I wanted to do with my life.

if this is a situation of suicide it’s fair to say she had ideas similar in nature. I have also often wondered if she had a terminal illness... autopsy doesn’t say.

I bleached my hair a few years ago and concur, my face also looked quite different.

Sorry to hear you have had a tough year, l hope you are feeling better now.

New to this thread and have enjoyed reading through your discussions and insight. I read about this case ages ago and complete forgot about it until watching unsolved mysteries.

I've actually stayed at that very hotel on 3 occasions for work, albeit 15 years or so later than this 'suicide'. I'm aware it is likely to have changed a lot between 1995 and 2010 but a few observations from my stays there.

- It is situated very close to the Oslo Spektrum which appears to have opened in 1990. Lots of concerts and events, such as exhibitions take place here. It would be interesting to know what events were taking place during the time she was there.
- Whenever I've stayed there, there have been a larger number of cabin crew and business travellers rather than tourists.
- The rooms on the higher levels are more in demand due to the views of the city.
- My rooms always had a mini bar in a little fridge. I emptied the fridge and used it to refrigerate my lunches as food is very expensive in Norway compared to the UK, so it's possible that she stored her sausages and salad in the fridge and ate at a later point. Seems quite unlikely though MOO.

So, I now ask for your active help.

I created search calls and posted them on Facebook - in 10 different languages!

If you are on Facebook, I would ask you to share these views. The more people we reach, the higher the chance of finding someone who might recognize JF.

The posts are public and can be found on my profile Oliver Cromwell

For everyone who is not on Facebook, here are two pictures of what it looks like. So please share, share and share again :) Let's chase these things across the globe and hope :)

Attachments

• JenniferFergate2021-DE.jpg
    JenniferFergate2021-DE.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 30
  • JenniferFergate2021-FR.jpg
    JenniferFergate2021-FR.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 31
I just heard back from the Oslo Police District and they won't release the case files. Being interested in true crime and wanting to give Jane and John Does their names back is not "enough to get access to police documents".
Anyways, the person i quoted above was great, he did his work, the outcome was not the expected but... i can't blame the messenger.

So... for now, the gun size discrepancy will remain a mystery. Same with the possible object on top of the dirty towel and the reddish spot (blood stain?) on the towel lying on the floor.

Why is anyone surprised that the Norwegian police did not release cold case files/information to random strangers on the internet? It would be negligible if they did. That hardly makes this the creepiest case ever. No unsolved case is going to flippantly hand out information to strangers.

Back to the case,
I find this one fascinating and will be following it. I hope Norway is able to discover who ‘Jennifer Fergate’ is through a genealogy database and uncover more of her story.

Why is anyone surprised that the Norwegian police did not release cold case files/information to random strangers on the internet? It would be negligible if they did. That hardly makes this the creepiest case ever. No unsolved case is going to flippantly hand out information to strangers.

Back to the case,
I find this one fascinating and will be following it. I hope Norway is able to discover who ‘Jennifer Fergate’ is through a genealogy database and uncover more of her story.

It's actually not that unusual for LE or coroners's offices in some jurisdictions to share some case material with outside investigators in a longstanding missing or unidentified enquiry. There was someone on the Mary Anderson thread who made a good connection with someone in the coroner's office, for example, through being local and able to contact them using RL professional credentials. I doubt @PatLaurel introduced themself as a random stranger on the internet!

This case is now over 25 years old and, if, as some of us suspect, it was part of a classified operation, it might have been downgraded by now, in which case Oslo LE might well be grateful for knowledgeable input to help solve it. The gun and crime scene photo information alone that has been uncovered on this thread ought to have elicited a great big intake of breath from whoever received it - and perhaps it did. But the lack of any expression of that, even in the context of a brush off, suggests to me this case is still too hot to handle and has been flagged as such.

I will be very surprised if it's ever solved publicly, although I also don't doubt there's a file somewhere that notes exactly who she is.

It is fascinating though. I'm not surprised the thread here gets fired up all over again each time someone new discovers it.

* What does 2DY NON mean on the registration card? And what is 3C as nationality? Is that a P on top of the 3 in the nationality box? Was she going to write “Poland”, which is right next and east of Germany

The "3C" is nagging at me. I know I have seen this before, but am not sure when or where, or if it is in anyway meaningful. I used to work in the travel industry, in the the same time period....
It's not a 3C, it's a BL for Belgium. And the "P" is simply the x for marking the nationality box.

* What does 2DY NON mean on the registration card? And what is 3C as nationality? Is that a P on top of the 3 in the nationality box? Was she going to write “Poland”, which is right next and east of Germany

The "3C" is nagging at me. I know I have seen this before, but am not sure when or where, or if it is in anyway meaningful. I used to work in the travel industry, in the the same time period....
Not 100% sure about the 2DY but perhaps 2 days and the non means non-smoking.

True, but she would have had ID on her at some point during that trip. A lot of European countries have national ID cards. She could've had either that or a passport, and also certainly some sort of a bank card too.
Yes, they may have been in her fake name, but she would have had them. It was 1995, not 1965.

It was either chance (or planned by staff) she wasn't asked for ID or payment.
There wouldn't be many hotels that would let people just walk in and get a room without payment or ID for 2 days, even in 1995, and certainly not in an expensive high-class hotel like that.....and one that is known to have had secret NATO meetings and other foreign government representatives staying there!

The status of this hotel is exactly why I think this murder was covered up and "suicide" was so quickly decided upon. I honestly feel like the staff discovered her remains early on the Saturday and double locked the room so no one else could enter. They left her there all day until they came up with a plan - that being, the security guard would check on her in the evening, hear a gunshot, wait 15 mins, tell someone what he "heard", and then call the police.
That would line up with the food being in her stomach from the previous night (IF she ate it when it arrived, and why wouldn't she?), and the other guest (upon checkout) being asked if he'd heard anything.
A suicide is a sad and unfortunate occurrence and a crime scene is a PR nightmare.
Having said that, I don't think she was a spy because I think she'd have had rock solid information and documents, but I do believe she was in and out of that other room. I'd love to know who was staying there, what was found, and if housekeeping had cleaned it out. I feel like there are so many cover-ups.

_table-paperstand-empty-jpg.293647

So, the cutlery is placed neatly to the left side. I am right handed, and tend to put them on the right.
We know she ate the food.
Do we know what hand she had the watch on?

If she is left handed, it would be very odd for her to shoot herself with her right hand.

I'm left handed and pretty much the only thing I do with my left is write and eat.I even lift a glass to my mouth with my right. We southpaws have had to adapt a lot.

The position of the cutlery to the left of the plate doesn't mean much. She's just placed it to one side, away from the sauce sachets.
She's definitely right-handed. Look:
The fork is on the left, and the knife is on the right. That is how a right-handed person would hold them. (Fork in left hand, knife in right.) It would be the other way around for a leftie.

The empty sauce sachets are on the right side, that to me also indicates right-handedness.

I'm lefthanded. I do fork in left, knife in right.

The status of this hotel is exactly why I think this murder was covered up and "suicide" was so quickly decided upon. I honestly feel like the staff discovered her remains early on the Saturday and double locked the room so no one else could enter. They left her there all day until they came up with a plan - that being, the security guard would check on her in the evening, hear a gunshot, wait 15 mins, tell someone what he "heard", and then call the police.
That would line up with the food being in her stomach from the previous night (IF she ate it when it arrived, and why wouldn't she?), and the other guest (upon checkout) being asked if he'd heard anything.
A suicide is a sad and unfortunate occurrence and a crime scene is a PR nightmare.
Having said that, I don't think she was a spy because I think she'd have had rock solid information and documents, but I do believe she was in and out of that other room. I'd love to know who was staying there, what was found, and if housekeeping had cleaned it out. I feel like there are so many cover-ups.
The Like button is not enough - I agree 100% and that is exactly what I was thinking.

The Like button is not enough - I agree 100% and that is exactly what I was thinking.

It makes me so sad that no one has come forward to say they knew her. Not an old schoolmate/best friend/ex/neighbour? I hope someday she gets a headstone with her proper name on it.

the idea that this busy hotel covered up a murder is really far-fetched. The hotel did not rule her death a suicide, the police did. As for the theory that she died on Saturday, the crime scene photos show a very recently shot person. The blood was still red and runny. The security guard was a 24 year old College student, the hotel cannot trust him to cooperate or take this secret to his grave. Everyone keeps acting as if this temp guard at a hotel was the head of National Norway security. He was a college kid who probably couldn’t care less about his job. It would not ingratiate the hotel, or the staff, to cover up the murder as a suicide...and it isn’t even anything they have autonomy over. That would be the police.

another point, if police mistake a murder for a suicide...that does not automatically mean it is part of a grand conspiracy cover-up.

she may be unclaimed, because she was shunned by her family. (maybe they were Jehovah’s like the case with Lyle Stevic and she left the religion, who knows?). Maybe she was a prostitute.

as for the food she ordered on Saturday being freshly eaten in her system, remember that her hotel room included a mini-fridge where she probably stored the food. She could have, especially if depressed, taken a few bites and changed her mind and saved it for later. (While I do think this was most likely a tragic suicide, the police should have tested the food for sedatives and gotten any camera footage.) some of the ideas on this thread are a Stone’s throw away from aliens in ufos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB