Not receiving emails of new forum threads, but have never changed my preferences? HELP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

neondreams

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been watching the "Missing Persons Discussion" forum ever since I joined on March 1st of this year and I've always had my email notifications preference set to "receive notification of new threads by email" whenever a new thread is started in that forum, along with site notifications turned on. There have been no problems with the site notifications. However, recently - like maybe a week or less? - I have not recieved any emails notifying me of new threads that have been posted to that forum, andI have no idea why. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's just me? And whether any mods or admins can fix this and allow me to once again receive new thread notifications?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I've been watching the "Missing Persons Discussion" forum ever since I joined on March 1st of this year and I've always had my email notifications preference set to "receive notification of new threads by email" whenever a new thread is started in that forum, along with site notifications turned on. There have been no problems with the site notifications. However, recently - like maybe a week or less? - I have not recieved any emails notifying me of new threads that have been posted to that forum, andI have no idea why. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's just me? And whether any mods or admins can fix this and allow me to once again receive new thread notifications?

Thanks in advance.
Websleuths emails don't always come thru on gmail. Are you using gmail?

Hi neondreams,

Have you checked your spam folder? If you found some Websleuths emails in there, just report not spam an gmail won't put WS emails there. If nothing is there, please scroll to the bottom of the page and email "Report a Problem." The tech guy may be able to help you.

Last edited:
Hi neondreams,

Have you checked your spam folder? If you found some Websleuths emails in there, just report not spam an gmail won't put WS emails there. If nothing is there, please scroll to the bottom of the page and email "Report a Problem." The tech guy may be able to help you.
Thry will likely need to create a new email address under a different company. Gmail doesn't seem to be recieving all WS Emails

Yes, I am. I'm using the Gmail email I signed up with back in March. I was receiving emails just fine up until this happened.
I've had gmail since it first came out and we had to put a . (period) between first and last name. (I still have saved emails from 2005 so around that time). But, like you, I just recently - past couple of weeks or so - noticed I wasn't getting WS notifications. And they aren't in my SPAM folder. I tried unwatching then rewatching threads I follow but that didn't work.

Could be a gmail issue - they don't always play well with others. This probably isn't helpful but I figure I should let you know you're not the only one.

@neondreams Update: I checked gmail tonight and, lo and behold, I had WS notifications. I didn't do anything to precipitate their return but there they are.

Hi everyone. Thanks for replying to my post here. I've checked my spam folder and there's nothing in there, and like the poster above me, today I finally received some WS notifications by email. Not all of them, but it's a start. I appreciate you all trying to help with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back