NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking into the rooms at Mandalay Bay and came by some odd shaped rooms called Vista Suites. I decided to search them in google and "Mandalay Bay Vista Suite floor plan" was one of the search options lol.. Kinda odd

Did he shoot out a window? It looks like the windows are sealed shut. No blacony, right?

He was rich imo because he own two planes.

Yes, this is not a case of a young person lost in life - this is an educated man who retired....and became a mass murderer.

WHY!??!?!?

jmo

rsbm

This sounds kinda corny as I type it, but it brought me to tears as I drove to work this morning.

I was listening to a radio report about the shooting. It started, "His name is Stephen Paddock. ..."

And I finished with a line from Fight Club that I've used sarcastically for years. After Meat Loaf's character dies, Tyler Durden says: "In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Robert Paulson."

And everyone repeats that line, over and over, louder and louder: "His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson..."

Kinda like how Paddock's name is amplified and repeated, amplified and repeated, amplified and repeated into infamy, into history.

That movie gained a morbid heaviness and deeper truth this morning.

To mix my metaphors, today is Charles Whitman in the clock tower with modern firepower; Lee Harvey Oswald in the book depository with an AR-15.

Project Mayhem: In death, you have a name.

This is our America today.

Now, because we love to make these guys into heroes by splashing their faces and names everywhere and posting their death counts like a contest, everyone knows his name.

He got through death much more recognition than he ever got in life.

rsbm

This sounds kinda corny as I type it, but it brought me to tears as I drove to work this morning.

I was listening to a radio report about the shooting. It started, "His name is Stephen Paddock. ..."

And I finished with a line from Fight Club that I've used sarcastically for years. After Meat Loaf's character dies, Tyler Durden says: "In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Robert Paulson."

And everyone repeats that line, over and over, louder and louder: "His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson..."

Kinda like how Paddock's name is amplified and repeated, amplified and repeated, amplified and repeated into infamy, into history.

That movie gained a morbid heaviness and deeper truth this morning.

To mix my metaphors, today is Charles Whitman in the clock tower with modern firepower; Lee Harvey Oswald in the book depository with an AR-15.

Project Mayhem: In death, you have a name.

This is our America today.

Exactly.

Praying for All affected by this.

These types of things seem to happen so often that it hard to say for history. Think about how many times we have seen this top murder rate for mass shooters broken over the last say 30 years.

They were using their bodies as shields. I'm in tears.

I couldn't even make it through the full 12-second video, especially after reading the caption that the video-maker was shielding his wife as he recorded the scene. I know my DH would be on top of me too, and that just makes me cry.

Regular folk, enjoying a nice time at an outdoor concert. To target them is sheer hatred for humanity.

jmopinion

No known political affiliation, no, but the brother also says he wasn't close to the killer and didn't have much communication with him.

Usually people who commit mass murders for political reasons (or that they claim are politically or religiously motivated) have made statements and/or are active on social media. So far nothing much is known. It makes me feel there isn't much to know. I guess it's still early.

But a country concert wouldn't seem to be a target at all for a militia type. Not at all.

MSNBC

Tid bits

compelling interview with brother

he lived in Melbourne FL for a bit (near Orl)

worked for Lockheed Martin as an account

Brother lived in Orlando

Sun City retirement name of his home

He contacted family members during the hurricanes to see if they all were ok

Was gonna go to a wedding

Brother in Orl stunned by this

He like to gamble high roller

Brother no run ins with LE while in FL

Had some civil lawsuit stuff

liked the shows in Vegas

home clean tidy

more guns in house

think lived in texas

nevada law has no laws about guns you can own whatever ya want you don't register anything apparently nothing

Its the wild west out there

He texted to make sure mom ok after hurricane

He sent his mom a walker

may have gone on a cruise recently

brother wants to know where he got a machine gun

at his home now

his brothers cell phone lit up with calls from LV PD at first he thought it was a joke

mom is 90 "her son just killed a bunch of a people and is dead"

girlfriend was just a nice lady

there is no church politics etc

Brother appearred authentically confused

he had allergies

we want to know what in the world brother says

if feels like an asteroid just hit

we send condolences

it could have been our kids there

i dont really know what to say

when asked the stupid question

My brother just killed 50 some people I have a headache -- his tone of voice was incrediculous

last in fl about a year

Brother moved him back to w coast

he liked Burritos

there is nothing nothing

college

sold some apts

nothing there is nothing

i cant even make up some stuff

Interesting that he worked for Lockheed Martin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheriff press conference:

Number of dead now up to 58, possibly 59

Over 500 injured

No new info about the killer

Another property assoc with killer they're checking out in northern NV.

So sad

ETA: On CNN

Updated as of now 58 dead 515 injured
Found additional property and are searching

Did it sound like they are still recovering bodies or still identifying? I was unclear.

Sheriff press conference:

Number of dead now up to 58, possibly 59

Over 500 injured

No new info about the killer

Another property assoc with killer they're checking out in northern NV.

So sad

ETA: On CNN

I don't even have words. It's too much.

58-59 death toll now!!

Overwhelming. My heart goes out to the people who work as responders, the people at the morgue, the people helping family members of the deceased (many of whom are probably from out of town without having even the comfort of home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo