NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up to the news and then read through all the WS posts. I have been reading and shaking my head at every single new detail that is learned. UNSPEAKABLE violence - all I can do is shake my head at this point. I can't wrap my head around the desire to kill on this scale (well, on any scale, but ykwim).

Shocked that the perp was a 64yo man - seems like a successful person who worked in accounting, could afford nice home, aircraft, hunting trips to Alaska. A grandfather!

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?!?

My heart goes out to tiffay01's friend who is in the hospital. I wish that friend, and all the others who are injured, smooth recovery.

Thank you, WS, for your great coverage on the case. This is a comforting place in that weird way that I know you all understand - we don't want the bad news, but we're here when it happens.

I know nothing about guns but gosh the hotel window was really far from the concert

There might have been some thinking in this -- apparently this was a big act and the third day - so the crowd would have been biggest in the event

That surprised me too when I saw the photos of the area. I had no idea the range of gunfire was so far.

jmo

Stunned and crying over this - positive thoughts for the hundreds of people affected

I'm having a tough time just trying to wrap my head around it.

PS... My husband says he believes from the sounds on the various videos, that these rifles were modified to go as close to automatic as possible.
If he is right, which I believe, then this man planned this horrific event for months and months.

I'm starting to see reports that ISIS is claiming responsibility.... ?

I know nothing about guns but gosh the hotel window was really far from the concert

There might have been some thinking in this -- apparently this was a big act and the third day - so the crowd would have been biggest in the event

Creepy to think he was probably watching out the hotel window - looking at the concert below him on the previous days. Very creepy.

jmo

[FONT=&quot]The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP [video=twitter;914856906346377216]https://twitter.com/AP/status/914856906346377216[/video][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BREAKING: Without providing evidence, Islamic State claims Las Vegas attack, says shooter converted to Islam months ago.
[/FONT]

I'm starting to see reports that ISIS is claiming responsibility.... ?

Yeah they're about as reliable as Westboro Baptist Church claiming it's because God hates *advertiser censored**. They claim responsibility for all major attacks.

Planned. So far, it sounds like he just was entertaining himself. Wanted to outperform previous mass shooters.....in number of casualties. Geez. JMO

[FONT=&quot]I was in Lunesta land while a mentally ill person was playing a video game in real life, so this may have been seen

footage at 2:00 is bone chilling

[/FONT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxzECZPZ1g

I can't see whether anyone answered my earlier question.... is this type of gun legal in America? Who would have access to (what I, in my naivety, would call) a machine gun?

Very rarely with this be legal.

Did anybody else hear that 4 ppl died at the hospital?

I expect that number to go up unfortunately.

News reports said this type of gun is very, very difficult to obtain. And it could cost as much as $65,000.
Also there is a FB photo of Danley in Dubai. Might be a connection to middle east????

It takes some time for the enormity of it to marinate into your brain talk about hate anyone know time elapsed from first round of machine gun to LE in room with dead man

[video=twitter;914861504649924608]https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/914861504649924608[/video]

Scrambling to connect it to Islam, I see.

Yeah they're about as reliable as Westboro Baptist Church claiming it's because God hates *advertiser censored**. They claim responsibility for all major attacks.

Anyone remember anything they have not taken credit for -- they claimed they caused the solar eclipse!!

It could be possible that some one else did this. A new type of terrorists attack. That man could have been a hostage himself. Others, or another, could have killed him, and done the shooting.
It would throw everyone off the real gunman's tracks after the fact.
This whole thing looks suspicious and I don't even care what race this Stephen guy is.
To me there is just something suspicious about him being the guilty one.
Maybe it's just denial, but it's also a good theory if there is a new type of terrorist in town.
Who wants to believe that a white grandpa, shot up over 500 people?
Everyone immediately thinks muslim islamic terrorists. Or some young guy who is on anti-everything prescription drugs who cracked. But an old man? During a country music concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member