NV NV - Brandon Michael Murphy “BMurph”, 30, Las Vegas, 18 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

RMT953

Reaction score
Brandon Murphy aka BMurph went missing while traveling from Las Vegas to Lafayette, LA. He was in contact with his mother up until the 18th of October. He claimed that he was getting his car repaired in Colorado City, TX and eating pizza at Biggs. Once the car was done he was going to travel to Wichita Falls, TX to stay the night. In the morning he would travel the last 5 hours of the trip because there was a mechanical failure with the car that caused the headlights to not work and could not accelerate over 50mph. The family lost contact after the 18th. Not a word sense. Missing person cases have been filed with Las Vegas, NV and Scott, LA. NAMUS is pending. Brandon has active warrants but was heading home to take care of them.

Family asking for help locating missing man

Attachments

• 2C9824D6-A641-45CE-8933-17E8900AC718.jpeg
    2C9824D6-A641-45CE-8933-17E8900AC718.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 80
Brandon Murphy aka BMurph went missing while traveling from Las Vegas to Lafayette, LA. He was in contact with his mother up until the 18th of October. He claimed that he was getting his car repaired in Colorado City, TX and eating pizza at Biggs. Once the car was done he was going to travel to Wichita Falls, TX to stay the night. In the morning he would travel the last 5 hours of the trip because there was a mechanical failure with the car that caused the headlights to not work and could not accelerate over 50mph. The family lost contact after the 18th. Not a word sense. Missing person cases have been filed with Las Vegas, NV and Scott, LA. NAMUS is pending. Brandon has active warrants but was heading home to take care of them.

Hmmm. Car problems and warrants. Could he have been pulled over for the headlights or some other vehicle violation and arrested because of the warrants? Have the jails been eliminated?

Do you know the name of the mechanic or repair shop in Colorado City?

Where was he planning to stay in Wichita Falls? With friends, family, motel...? It seems to be out of the way if he was on his way to Lafayette. See map: Google Maps

Also, Wichita Falls, TX to Lafayette, LA is a lot more than 5 hours. It looks like 8 hours 20 minutes and I'd assume it would be longer than that if he was taking back roads. Google Maps

ETA: Has the family checked with animal shelters for the cat?
MOO

Last edited:
Hmmm. Car problems and warrants. Could he have been pulled over for the headlights or some other vehicle violation and arrested because of the warrants? Have the jails been eliminated?

Do you know the name of the mechanic or repair shop in Colorado City?

Where was he planning to stay in Wichita Falls? With friends, family, motel...? It seems to be out of the way if he was on his way to Lafayette. See map: Google Maps

Also, Wichita Falls, TX to Lafayette, LA is a lot more than 5 hours. It looks like 8 hours 20 minutes and I'd assume it would be longer than that if he was taking back roads. Google Maps

ETA: Has the family checked with animal shelters for the cat?
MOO
Hi @PommyMommy! Jails have been eliminated. Don’t know the specific mechanic in CO City but it’s a small town. No one seems to have seen him there. Idk if he ever made it. Was planning on staying in a hotel but don’t know which one. Neither does the family. Shelters have been checked. Hospitals have been checked. It’s like he’s vanished.

“Brandon Michael Murphy is five feet eight inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. Murphy is traveling to Lafayette on back roads because his vehicle will not go more than 50 miles per hour, according to his family. The last contact the family has with him was on October 19.

If you have any information, call 337-247-2790.“

So, “in contact with his mother up until the 18th” (claiming to be in Colorado City Texas eating pizza at Biggs):

Was this via text or actual voice conversation, I wonder.

And was his presence able to be verified there at Biggs?

So NV and LA have MP reports, but not Texas?

If this is where he was last known to be heard from (assuming that was really him communicating IF it was by text) perhaps TX LE needs to be notified as well?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi @PommyMommy! Jails have been eliminated. Don’t know the specific mechanic in CO City but it’s a small town. No one seems to have seen him there. Idk if he ever made it. Was planning on staying in a hotel but don’t know which one. Neither does the family. Shelters have been checked. Hospitals have been checked. It’s like he’s vanished.
Hi RMT :)

I'm a little confused. Wasn't he eating pizza at Biggs while waiting for his car to be repaired?

Biggs Pizza & Grill
203 E 2nd St, Colorado City, TX

I will look up mechanics in the area...

MOO

What type of vehicle is he traveling in? What is the make and model information plus license plate number?

Photos of his car need to be distributed and LE should have a BOLOs in the corresponding states as related to this case.

Last edited:
Here is a list of mechanics in Colorado City, TX. Have these places been contacted? Will they put flyers up?

I will find out which repair shop is closest to Biggs Pizza. Meanwhile, I know the article said they don't know what car he was driving, but is there a way for his mother to find out? Does he have friends in Las Vegas who would know?

Auto Service Center
Address: 104 I-20, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-8651

Joes Automotive
Address: 1811 Hickory St, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-5200

Buddy & Son's Body Shop
Address: 1635 Westpoint Ave, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-4282

Shorty's Place
Address: 529 Walnut St, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-8153

Chevron Colorado City
Address: 100 Ih-20 Access Rd, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-3107

Matlock Enterprises
Address: 801 I-20, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-3041

Godspeed Automotive LLC
Address: 2074 Lake Co Rd 252, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (817) 683-8121

Have all the hotels been contacted?

Hi RMT :)

I'm a little confused. Wasn't he eating pizza at Biggs while waiting for his car to be repaired?

Biggs Pizza & Grill
203 E 2nd St, Colorado City, TX

I will look up mechanics in the area...

MOO
“Allegedly”. No one on colorado City recognizes him and the PD can’t find a single soul who does.

What type of vehicle is he traveling in? What is the make and model information plus license plate number?

Photos of his car need to be distributed and LE should have a BOLOs in the corresponding states as related to this case.
He just bought the 2008 Blue Audi with blue undercarriage lights for $450... No one knows who he bought it from nor do they know a tag number! Previously wrecked. Right front bumper replaced and primed but not painted. Thinks it could be stolen and resold.

Here is a list of mechanics in Colorado City, TX. Have these places been contacted? Will they put flyers up?

I will find out which repair shop is closest to Biggs Pizza. Meanwhile, I know the article said they don't know what car he was driving, but is there a way for his mother to find out? Does he have friends in Las Vegas who would know?

Auto Service Center
Address: 104 I-20, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-8651

Joes Automotive
Address: 1811 Hickory St, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-5200

Buddy & Son's Body Shop
Address: 1635 Westpoint Ave, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-4282

Shorty's Place
Address: 529 Walnut St, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-8153

Chevron Colorado City
Address: 100 Ih-20 Access Rd, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-3107

Matlock Enterprises
Address: 801 I-20, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (325) 728-3041

Godspeed Automotive LLC
Address: 2074 Lake Co Rd 252, Colorado City, TX 79512
Phone: (817) 683-8121

Hi Pommy :)

Re: “I know the article said they don't know what car he was driving,“, where are you seeing this? Tia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back