Identified! NV - Carson City, Lone Mtn, WhtFem 42-71, UP13838, rings, clothes, Sz 7 Asics, adult diaper, Mar'15 *Joyce Rogers*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regina Dicenso maybe?

It's suspected that Regina was sold into trafficking, and it's not uncommon for trafficking victims to be taken to places super far from their point of origin.

OK I'm kind of excited because I came across a post on Facebook where this girl did a DNA test a matched to be related to carson city's jane doe!!! On a side note I really really would like to see Barbara Hoover ruled out. Even though Barbara Hoover was declared dead in 2018 after being missing since 2003 but she was never found. She went missing out of silver springs nevada and was known to use glasses for reading and she was reportedly taking bladder medications...which could explain why the jane doe had an incontinence brief. Barbar hoovers missing poster picture even shows her wearing similar style glasses to this jane does and she was reportedly 5 ft tall which fits the jane does description! I also found out that a Barbara hoover had a po box registered in carson city before the date that jane doe was found because on unclaimed money nevada a pobox was registered from an insurance company in carson city. To top it off she resembles the young woman who matched as a relative in the Facebook post I saw. Don't know if I should report this info to anyone...what do yall think

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114-103133_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-103133_Chrome.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221114-104108_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-104108_Chrome.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20221114-101950_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-101950_Facebook.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 32
She has been identified as Joyce Rogers

On March 17, 2015, partially decomposed human remains were found in a shallow grave on Lone Mountain in Carson City. Initial investigation showed they belonged to a woman about 40 to 70 years of age. The Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office was not able to determine a cause of death.

Investigators partnered with the DNA DOE Project to develop a DNA profile from the remains and looked at genetic genealogy. The remains were identified as Joyce Rogers. Her husband, Edward Barton, a transient living in Fallon, told investigators he buried her on Lone Mountain after she died from an illness. The case has been submitted to the Carson City District Attorney’s Office for review.

So, while at work in Carson city at the old hospital, couple days ago I was giving report to my coworker and I told her that one of our patients might be missing a family member of a woman who's been reported as missing in Nevada...And she randomly replied to me...."did I ever tell you I took care of this lady at ormsby 4-6 years ago and after she was discharged her husband was admitted. He confessed to me that his wife died and he took her up on that hill next to the cemetary on long st and Winnie ln and buried her in a sleeping bag!" I told her omg you may be one of the few if any persons that can identify her because she was found last year and she is still unidentified. I asked her if she remembered her name or even her husband's name and she didn't at that second but she says between her and her mom she believes they will remember her name. She thought that the only reason she was not identified was because her husband can not be located to release her name! I said are u kidding me they have no clue who she could be. I begged her to find out and immediately call the sheriff's office to provide the name of Carson citys only Jane doe. She said that Jane doe and her husband were in fact homeless and they were living out of a van and she drew a pic looked like an old 1968-1970's volkwagon van that would park around town like on deer run rd to name one place of frequency, but she has not seen the van lately. She describes it by saying, " you know it was a blue van with a white top and a white back and front bumper" as if I and everyone must have seen it around. So, I emailed Det Acosta and he replied the next day with one sentence. "I found the person you were talking about and they were living in Dayton." Still don't know what he meant. I have not heard anything since. There's no way this can't lead to her identification.
I wish @Rgonzalez reads this! She was identified, you made an impressive job trying to identify Joyce and you were really close! It was her in the end and they found her husband who buried her and confirmed all the story your colleagues told you in the hospital

Last edited:
She has been identified as Joyce Rogers

On March 17, 2015, partially decomposed human remains were found in a shallow grave on Lone Mountain in Carson City. Initial investigation showed they belonged to a woman about 40 to 70 years of age. The Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office was not able to determine a cause of death.

Investigators partnered with the DNA DOE Project to develop a DNA profile from the remains and looked at genetic genealogy. The remains were identified as Joyce Rogers. Her husband, Edward Barton, a transient living in Fallon, told investigators he buried her on Lone Mountain after she died from an illness. The case has been submitted to the Carson City District Attorney’s Office for review.

this sounds like what rgonzalez was saying!!

So, while at work in Carson city at the old hospital, couple days ago I was giving report to my coworker and I told her that one of our patients might be missing a family member of a woman who's been reported as missing in Nevada...And she randomly replied to me...."did I ever tell you I took care of this lady at ormsby 4-6 years ago and after she was discharged her husband was admitted. He confessed to me that his wife died and he took her up on that hill next to the cemetary on long st and Winnie ln and buried her in a sleeping bag!" I told her omg you may be one of the few if any persons that can identify her because she was found last year and she is still unidentified. I asked her if she remembered her name or even her husband's name and she didn't at that second but she says between her and her mom she believes they will remember her name. She thought that the only reason she was not identified was because her husband can not be located to release her name! I said are u kidding me they have no clue who she could be. I begged her to find out and immediately call the sheriff's office to provide the name of Carson citys only Jane doe. She said that Jane doe and her husband were in fact homeless and they were living out of a van and she drew a pic looked like an old 1968-1970's volkwagon van that would park around town like on deer run rd to name one place of frequency, but she has not seen the van lately. She describes it by saying, " you know it was a blue van with a white top and a white back and front bumper" as if I and everyone must have seen it around. So, I emailed Det Acosta and he replied the next day with one sentence. "I found the person you were talking about and they were living in Dayton." Still don't know what he meant. I have not heard anything since. There's no way this can't lead to her identification.
So that lead was likely correct. I am glad she got her name back. Shame she was not idd earlier but good things sometimes take time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back