GUILTY NV - Crystal Figueroa, 3, beaten to death, Las Vegas, 12 Jan 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How absolutely devastating for the grandmother. I'm so heartbroken for this little girl. I now know that this baby was not who I thought she might be, though I still fear for my friend and her baby's whereabouts. Poor little angel.

I know that a lot of people in the Las Vegas area and folks familiar with this case will always have the memory of this special little girl in their hearts. My heart goes out to that grandmother for pressing her own daughter about her beloved granddaughter-that has to have been the worse moment in her life figuring out that her own daughter is a murderer or at least abetting the boyfriend in the murder of her grandchild.

Whenever I read these stories I keep telling myself not to because it breaks my heart when I look at my own children and think that there are other parents who are out there looking at their own children through the eyes of a murderer. I just wonder what makes these people snap like that because it is difficult to comprehend anybody doing that.

:furious: :furious: How can any mother stay with a man that murders her child and not report him to LE.I am heartbroken for Crystal and her grandmother.

aussiegran said:
:furious: :furious: How can any mother stay with a man that murders her child and not report him to LE.I am heartbroken for Crystal and her grandmother.
I'm with ya aussiegran!
These sick women. Covering or worse, participating in an injury or murder of their OWN child is despicable. ( Or any other child, of course!)
Prayers for the grandmother, and those caring Nevadans who keep this story and her memory alive. It will probably be a long wait for justice. I hope there's no plea deal for these two.

Prayers for the three girls who probably witnessed all of this and were not allowed to talk about it.

4551055_BG1.jpg
pxl_trans.gif

photo copied from KLASTV.com

May she rest in peace ... poor little girl.
We all love you, little Crystal. :angel:

PrayersForMaura said:
4551055_BG1.jpg
pxl_trans.gif

photo copied from KLASTV.com

May she rest in peace ... poor little girl.
We all love you, little Crystal. :angel:

God Bless you little Crystal. :angel:

Perez Indicted for Murder of her Daughter
An official indictment has been handed down against Gladys Perez. Perez faces first and second degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, 3-year-old Crystal Figueroa. The toddler's body was found in an apartment complex dumpster in January.

The grand jury indictment against 24-year-old Gladys Perez is comprised of three felony counts:

• Under count one, Perez is charged with first-degree murder by child abuse.

• Under count two, Perez is charged with second-degree murder by child neglect.

• Under count three, Perez is charges with child neglect resulting in substantial bodily harm.
More, 3 page story with indictment info: http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4678364&nav=168XDWn7

That is good news! They both need to rot in jail, and then he$$. That beautiful baby - so many people would have loved to have that child to hold and love. It breaks my heart. I can barely look at her picture - she looks so much like my beloved 4-year old granddaughter.

Those bastards, how any parent can look a child in the eyes and beat them to death, throw their body in a dumpster and just move on is beyond our ability to understand. It breaks my heart and fills my eyes with tears to imagine the terror and pain she suffered. I look at my own little guys and I do NOT understand how a human can do this. I hope they rot in jail for a short time until they are both executed!

Death Penalty for all child murderers/rapists...right on...

Fly sweet baby girl, fly high above the trees, smile on the wind, know that you will never feel anymore pain and you are loved by God Almighty, you were then and you are now...

We can't understand because these monsters are not human... no human could / would ever do something like this to their own child, IMO.

2beautifulboys said:
Those bastards, how any parent can look a child in the eyes and beat them to death, throw their body in a dumpster and just move on is beyond our ability to understand. It breaks my heart and fills my eyes with tears to imagine the terror and pain she suffered. I look at my own little guys and I do NOT understand how a human can do this. I hope they rot in jail for a short time until they are both executed!

Death Penalty for all child murderers/rapists...right on...

Fly sweet baby girl, fly high above the trees, smile on the wind, know that you will never feel anymore pain and you are loved by God Almighty, you were then and you are now...

The name Crystal just fits this dark haired beauty. I wonder what happened. Did little Crystal get in the way of their partying....fuss because she was hungary. It's so terrible. I'm glad that the mother and her boyfriend are being charged. I don't think they will see the light of day for a long time...if ever.
I wish the Gramma had been raising this little angel.

I hope both the mother and the boyfriend rot in the hottest areas of hell while this precious angel looks down from Heaven and doesn't give them the benefit of pissing out their flames.

It absolutely makes me sick that people are capable of doing this sort of crime to another human being, let alone their own flesh and blood. As a father myself, I'd just as soon suffer the worst fate possible before I'd ever THINK of bringing harm to my child. To be further blunt, if it meant my child would never have to suffer one painful incident in her life, I'd sacrafice every limb I have. Most parents I know would do the same for their child.

I read crap like this too frequently though and it makes me ****ing ill.

I hope both the mother and the boyfriend rot in the hottest areas of hell while this precious angel looks down from Heaven and doesn't give them the benefit of pissing out their flames.

It absolutely makes me sick that people are capable of doing this sort of crime to another human being, let alone their own flesh and blood. As a father myself, I'd just as soon suffer the worst fate possible before I'd ever THINK of bringing harm to my child. To be further blunt, if it meant my child would never have to suffer one painful incident in her life, I'd sacrafice every limb I have. Most parents I know would do the same for their child.

I read crap like this too frequently though and it makes me ****ing ill.

My bold. Especially with toddlers. babies who are still light enough to carry. Babies who have nothing but innocence and unconditional love.
Babies who, with a mistake or two will remember the resolution more so than anything else...

How people throw their kids away like yesterdays newspaper or last weeks TV guide are beyond me...

It's even harder to sit with a father who lost two almost grown children to domestic violence, brutally murdered with a baseball bat.. His teenage girl and her grade school little brother trying to help. Even that 'baby' tried to help at 9... To hear a parent say,
"I had the chance... I would have spent my life behind bars but my kids would be alive" In front of his wife of 25+ years while she remained silent. It's a moment I will never forget and then to see how people are so incredibly careless with the gift of life they are given. It's like two species....

I hope they rot too... and given just as much thought and consideration as they gave that child.

Rip Gracie and John Marcatante.. I never met you, but your parents left an impression on me I will never forget. Gracie, your best friend introduced us.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=41&GSvcid=4242&GRid=7930970&

http://www.kvbc.com/global/story.asp?s=8886837

seems she will blame him and he her,

at least Crystal will have the best the state has to offer in the prosecutor, Christopher Lalli prosecuted Darren Mack until he took his plea deal, and then had to argue that the plea deal should stick when he tried to back out of it,

imo he will fight for justice for Crystal,

Guilty Verdict!

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/17661339/detail.html

LAS VEGAS -- The jury has returned a verdict in the "Jane Cordova Doe" murder case.

After two hours of deliberation Wednesday morning, the jurors found Gladys Perez and ex-boyfriend, Marc Anthony Colon, guilty on all charges, including first-degree murder.

Colon and Perez were arrested in connection with the beating death of Perez's 3-year-old daughter, Crystal Figueroa.

Figueroa's then-unidentified body was found in a Dumpster in January 2006. Police called her "Jane Cordova Doe" until forensic evidence identified her and tied her to Perez.

I was so glad to see the guilty verdict, especially since they were blaming each other.

She was pregnant again in 2006. Does anyone know what became of that child?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back