GUILTY NV - Elvira Canales-Gomez, 40, & Cesar Navarro, 9, murdered, Henderson, 20 Sept 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family are from Mexico so if he was trying to get back there he's got a big head start and people who could have helped him (bearing in mind he might have gone before they were found and/or the police originally said he wasn't a suspect).

I was hoping it wasn't going to go this way....is there any definite way for LE to know if he crossed the Mexico border?

I noticed that as well, but no mention of name. Guess he isn't considered a suspect? Would that have been enough to set a young man off enough to kill his family? Hope police know about this man and have talked to him. JMO...

A comment in Spanish about a picture with the new man is asking about who is this heartthrob?

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/23517539/teen-slaying-suspect-described-as-anti-social-violent-to-mom

This article says the cops think Adrian returned to the apt after the bodies were discovered and the scene was released to relatives. That makes me think he has no way out of the area. Which also makes me think he will be caught.

I am surprised that LE would not have kept the apartment under surveillance even after releasing it to relatives. To watch and see if Adrian returned.

Citing evidence at the scene, detectives stated in the declaration that Adrian had been living inside the apartment following his mother and brother's deaths and before their bodies were discovered. They also determined, as described in the report, that he left the unit with his key to the apartment, later returning after the bodies were discovered and police released the scene to relatives.
The declaration further cited family members describing the teen as anti-social and without friends in the area. A family member also told police, in the declaration, he had, at times, been violent toward his mother.
Police wrote in the declaration that Adrian had not been enrolled in school since last November.
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/23517539/teen-slaying-suspect-described-as-anti-social-violent-to-mom

In the declaration, Elvira Canales-Gomez' niece and boyfriend requested welfare checks on the apartment in the two days before her and Cesar Navarro's bodies were found. Elvira's boyfriend, as described in the warrant, visited the apartment at least twice after not receiving a response to calls and texts to her on the evening of Sept. 17. He received no answer at the door when he visited that night as well, the warrant stated.
Detectives noted in the declaration that the lights inside the apartment were off in the first visitation by the boyfriend and were on in the next visit the following afternoon. After receiving no response in that visit, the boyfriend, as the warrant states, called police for a welfare check, which resulted in no answer from the apartment and no entry into the unit.

Police also state in the warrant a text from Adrian sent to his father in California on Sept. 18, telling him everyone was fine and couldn't talk because they were asleep.
In the declaration, police described finding the bodies of the mother and the boy each in work clothing and school attire, respectively. In addition, a coroner's findings stated each victim suffered stab wounds, with Adrian Navarro-Canales' mother stabbed multiple times. Police also said, in the declaration, the weapon appeared to be a kitchen knife consistent with a cutting block in the residence.

Random thought, but is there any possibility of a connection here?

NV NV - Jaysenia Torres, 16, Henderson, 28 Aug 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

IDK how big Henderson is, just was struck by the location, ages, and pretty close dates for these two.

This is a long way apart....pretty much a diagonal line across Henderson from the very northeast edge to the southwest edge of the city. Definitely not in the same school boundary at all. Depending on traffic and route, probably a good 20 to 30 minute drive apart. However, that doesn't mean that there couldn't be a connection of some kind.

This is a long way apart....pretty much a diagonal line across Henderson from the very northeast edge to the southwest edge of the city. Definitely not in the same school boundary at all. Depending on traffic and route, probably a good 20 to 30 minute drive apart. However, that doesn't mean that there couldn't be a connection of some kind.

Ahh, OK, thank you :) Like I said, just struck by the date/age/location. I guess Henderson is a lot bigger than I thought. Nevermind!

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2351...pect-described-as-anti-social-violent-to-mom Detectives noted in the declaration that the lights inside the apartment were off in the first visitation by the boyfriend and were on in the next visit the following afternoon. After receiving no response in that visit, the boyfriend, as the warrant states, called police for a welfare check, which resulted in no answer from the apartment and no entry into the unit.

Man, what a hard-hearted young man Adrian must be.

Kill his mom and brother and then even come back and spend some amount of time in the apartment with the bodies afterward! Yikes.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/c...called-extremely-volatile-defiant-and-violent

Took the cops three visits to enter the apt. Sheesh. This article also names mom's boyfriend and says Adrian's passport and Mexicn ID are still in the apt. Which means nothing- the black market for IDs is huge here if you know the right people. Still, if he had not attended school in months, who was he hanging around?

FWIW- I don't see a connection between this and the other WS thread posted. Henderson is not only large but covers two vastly different socioeconomic areas and that bridge is not crossed very often or very successfully.

Good.
I'm glad they're charging him as an adult!

Wonder why the father had two different names? At any rate, mental health issues are now being shown, he should have been getting help, and maybe he was. So sad.

Wonder why the father had two different names? At any rate, mental health issues are now being shown, he should have been getting help, and maybe he was. So sad.

In Hispanic cultures, each person carries both parents' last names. So Robert Smith Jones marries Sarah Wilson Baker. Their kid becomes Jimmy Smith Wilson. Jimmy marries Rebecca Johnson Walters. Their kid becomes Amanda Smith Johnson. And so on.

In any event, I wonder if he was forced to care for his brother during the hours mom worked? Some teens become enraged by that. I saw on NG that he spent long hours alone, in his room, which sounds familiar with some of these kids who kill their folks or others. I also wonder if anything was happening at home.

So, was this kid being abused by someone? Resentful? Mentally ill? Just evil? It's hard to tell but it's always shocking to me when a kid does something like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back