GUILTY NV - Gloria Redman, 12, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, 12 March 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wild Katt-my prayers are with you and your family. Gloria was a doll-I checked out your avatar. That's so awesome that you are helping your family out the way you are. Thank you for keeping us in the loop on the situation.

He has had 2 psych evals one for teh defence and one for the DA. Teh defence called me and wanted to know about my child hood. I refuse to remember anything that might help his insanity plea. If i thought he deserved it i might, but i know my father better than anyone on either side of the legal teams and i can't help him. I will testify to the fact that he has played this game before and that he was not a great father but also not an abusive one to those kids----no matter what he did to me or why i left home. what he did to my sister and i was over 15 years ago and he's been "normal" for that long so it shouldn't matter.

This guy sounds like a real piece of work. Good for you...I wouldn't do a thing to help him if I could help it. Sounds like he has the system down pat and knows how to work it. Doesn't sound like he has ever been normal but just smart enough to work the system and get away with "whatever."

Have you talked to DSHS about counseling for your mom and brothers. They should be eligible for money, food stamps, and medical, because of the situation they are in. I'm sure that your mom must be unable to work at this time. There is nothing wrong with accepting some help when a person really needs it. Even a small town must have an office for people who need help.
I know that the medical covers therapy for people who need it. I hope you check into that. I would think that your brothers and mom would need to go to therapy for awhile and the schools wouldn't be able to provide long term counseling. Boys often tend to hold their emotions in and those emotions find negative ways of surfacing in time. These kids have a lot to process and trying to understand how they should feel about their father is just one part of it.

You are a wonderful daughter and sister. It is obvious that you love your mom and brothers and want to help them in any way that you can. Having three extra people living in your home isn't easy no matter how much you love them. It changes everything. You and your family will be in my prayers.
I'll pray to that your dad is thrown in prison and they throw the key away.
This has to be one time that he will not be allowed to work the system.
Little Gloria deserves justice and justice isn't that man spending how many years in some mental hospital living the easy life :furious:

This guy sounds like a real piece of work. Good for you...I wouldn't do a thing to help him if I could help it. Sounds like he has the system down pat and knows how to work it. Doesn't sound like he has ever been normal but just smart enough to work the system and get away with "whatever."

Dad has always been a real piece of work. He used to hit my mother alot but after she left him 18 years ago and he went to jail for a couple nights he straighted up and has been "normal" ever since until March went he pulled his crap again. I just pray the system has smartend up to games like his and won't let him get away with murder.

Have you talked to DSHS about counseling for your mom and brothers. They should be eligible for money, food stamps, and medical, because of the situation they are in. I'm sure that your mom must be unable to work at this time. There is nothing wrong with accepting some help when a person really needs it. Even a small town must have an office for people who need help.
I know that the medical covers therapy for people who need it. I hope you check into that. I would think that your brothers and mom would need to go to therapy for awhile and the schools wouldn't be able to provide long term counseling. Boys often tend to hold their emotions in and those emotions find negative ways of surfacing in time. These kids have a lot to process and trying to understand how they should feel about their father is just one part of it.

:furious:

My mother went to DHS when she got here. The boys are already on medical but she can't because leagally she is still married and makes too much money. She has gone back to work lately. She says it helps to keep her mind off of everything. A good friend of mine gave her the job so she knows what is happening and really works with her to try and make things easier for mom. The boys are actually doing well and refuse therapy at this time. Mom doesn't want to force them so we're letting it ride for a little while. We'll try again soon. My youngest brother was talking to my husband alot until he got deployed to Kuait. Now they email alot so at least he's got somebody. My husband had never met my family until June so he is able to be somewhat unbiased.

You are a wonderful daughter and sister. It is obvious that you love your mom and brothers and want to help them in any way that you can. Having three extra people living in your home isn't easy no matter how much you love them. It changes everything. You and your family will be in my prayers.
I'll pray to that your dad is thrown in prison and they throw the key away.
This has to be one time that he will not be allowed to work the system.
Little Gloria deserves justice and justice isn't that man spending how many years in some mental hospital living the easy life :furious:

When everything happened i bought a bigger house so that we could all fit comfortably in one place. I kept my other house for my mom and brotehres to move into when their ready but they have decided to stay until my husband gets back from Kuait. I love having them there and so do my kids. I really missed most of the boys lives and am trying to get to know them now.

Dad went to court yesterday. Nothing really happened and now we get to wait until Jan 13, 2009 for any thing else.

Hang in there. The date WILL come, even if it seems a long ways off.

I agree with Glitch - wild katt. Its frustrating I know and just seems to prolong the pain, but the time should help really. It will help your mother and brothers and you get to a place so that when the trial happens, you all will have more strength to deal with it.

My prayers are with you all,

Salem

Just getting to the first day of a trial seems to take forever. You have to go through all kinds of hearings and then the defense delays constantly and that is really maddening. BUT it will happen. I really hope that the jury see right through your dad.

Have you talked to the Prosecutor at all? Is he aware of the way your dad works to manipulate everyone? I hope you have told the Pros everything that you have told us so that he knows just what he is dealing with. He may be able to bring in some of your dad's past records to show a pattern of behavior. I sure hope the Pros is a good one.

That is good that your brothers will be able to go to counseling if they want to. Why did DSHS even look at your dad's income...if he is still working...as your mom isn't even with him...they are seperated. Is he in jail or out? I guess different states look at things differently as far as DSHS goes. Work probably is good for your mom...poor thing. This has to be so hard for her.

That is wonderful that you have a house big enough for all of you. Your husband must be a very nice man too. Glad it is all working out so well for you.

wild katt, you seem to be levelheaded and just wanted to let you know I admire you for that. Keep it up and keep taking care of yourself and your family. Good Luck!

Just getting to the first day of a trial seems to take forever. You have to go through all kinds of hearings and then the defense delays constantly and that is really maddening. BUT it will happen. I really hope that the jury see right through your dad.

Have you talked to the Prosecutor at all? Is he aware of the way your dad works to manipulate everyone? I hope you have told the Pros everything that you have told us so that he knows just what he is dealing with. He may be able to bring in some of your dad's past records to show a pattern of behavior. I sure hope the Pros is a good one.

I really hope the jury can see the real hom too. Yes I've talked to the DA. She's one of teh best once Clark County has. She has more information about him than anyone at this point.

That is good that your brothers will be able to go to counseling if they want to. Why did DSHS even look at your dad's income...if he is still working...as your mom isn't even with him...they are seperated. Is he in jail or out? I guess different states look at things differently as far as DSHS goes. Work probably is good for your mom...poor thing. This has to be so hard for her.

That is wonderful that you have a house big enough for all of you. Your husband must be a very nice man too. Glad it is all working out so well for you.

Dad is not and has not worked in over 8 years but mom did work in Vegas and only took 2 months off work. You need 3 months of vefified income to get much help. Since it had not been long enough when she applied they still figured her income from Vegas and now she works again and still makes too much to get any help for her.

Dad is still in jail. He was not given bond. If you want to keep up with his court dates you can go to LVMPD.COM go to inmate search and then type in Redman, William for the name. Click on either "find with case number" or "find with inmate id". His record will show up and gives his next court date, bond amount, charges and so forth.

I really hope the jury can see the real hom too. Yes I've talked to the DA. She's one of teh best once Clark County has. She has more information about him than anyone at this point.

Good. Sounds like you have a Pros who is really on the ball. It doesn't sound like he will get anything over on her. Hopefully she can bring out all of the crap that he has pulled before. Most jurys use good common sense and I'm sure that they will see right through him too. What type of defense is the defense attorney going to use...do you know yet? It takes a lot of prove mentally ill or insane. That usually doesn't float without a huge background of documentation on the killer. Hopfully there isn't anyone that is willing to get up on the stand and lie for your dad.

Good. Sounds like you have a Pros who is really on the ball. It doesn't sound like he will get anything over on her. Hopefully she can bring out all of the crap that he has pulled before. Most jurys use good common sense and I'm sure that they will see right through him too. What type of defense is the defense attorney going to use...do you know yet? It takes a lot of prove mentally ill or insane. That usually doesn't float without a huge background of documentation on the killer. Hopfully there isn't anyone that is willing to get up on the stand and lie for your dad.

The defense has started the "Not guilty by reason of mental diesase or defect" defence but the judge has already declared him competent to stand trial. the DA says its going to be really hard for the defense to prove their case because there is no history of mental disorder and as far as we know no one is going to testify on his behalf except for the guy that examined him after the fact. The only one I worry about is my aunt/his sister. She won't lie for him but she also won't lie for the Pros. If asked certain questions her testimony may help his case.

From February 2011:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/crime-courts/judge-finds-man-guilty-mentally-ill-daughters-murder

On Tuesday, District Judge Elissa Cadish found Redman guilty but mentally ill of first-degree murder with use of a deadly weapon after an eight-day bench trial.

The verdict means that Redman, 57, will be locked up in prison and given psychiatric treatment.

From April 2011:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/c...s-prison-term-man-convicted-daughters-slaying

As District Judge Elissa Cadish prepared Wednesday to sentence Redman... the judge realized she had erroneously filled out the verdict form after the February bench trial. The form read that the 58-year-old was guilty but mentally ill of first-degree murder, leaving off an enhancement for use of a deadly weapon that could have added up to 20 years to the sentence.

Cadish, who admitted her mistake, repeatedly shook her head in frustration as she sentenced him to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 20 years.

Prosecutor Sandy DiGiacomo pointed out that appellate courts have ruled such an error cannot be corrected to add guilt to a defendant.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back