Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so happy she has her name back! Thank you all for sharing the images and such. Not all pages work here in Europe.

May she rest in peace and I am happy the family finally got some answers to what happened to their loved one.
Now I hope they catch her killer(s).

So horrible. Poor, poor Tammy. That is horrendous. I wonder had she been trafficked before her disappearance?

Very interesting. They are definitely looking like possibilities here. Sounds like their MO. I wonder if they lured her to California, then kept and tortured her for a week or so and then disposed of her in Nevada.

i feel like it was along the way. its almost straight down 40.

Gosh yes, so sad and shades of WCJD.

Condolences to Tammy's family. Now I hope her killer/s is/are brought o justice.

You can really see how a teen in this situation would have been very vulnerable to offers of a trip to California with an older couple who may have promised her all kinds of things.

What I don't understand, is if she'd been sex trafficked, wouldn't she be more valuable alive than dead.
i think it started prior. see a post a few back by owen4195

I wonder if her tattoo was in fact a T like others suggested. I also think it's possible S was the initial of a boyfriend or something. Since she was sex trafficked, it's not impossible it was a forced branding too, but after some posts today I'm definitely on the Gerald and Charlene Gallego train, and neither of them had S's in their names, so I don't think that (even if they were involved, which they might not have been) they did the tattoo. JMO.

RIP beautiful Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if her tattoo was in fact a T like others suggested. I also think it's possible S was the initial of a boyfriend or something. Since she was sex trafficked, it's not impossible it was a forced branding too, but after some posts today I'm definitely on the Gerald and Charlene Gallego train, and neither of them had S's in their names, so I don't think that (even if they were involved, which they might not have been) they did the tattoo. JMO.

RIP beautiful Tammy
I wonder if Tammy wrote it, as it was thought that it was a "t" and an "a", maybe over the course of that week.

..and then there were none.

Cali_-_Arroyo_Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg

ETA: For some reason, WS won't copy over the new updated poster, but here's the Wikipedia URL to the file:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg

rsbm.
ooof, I had a feeling this was the case per my last post. Poor little one. Could be quite possible she was killed when resisting and fighting back. Hopefully, her identification might bring POIs into light, or jogs someone's memory.
And two of them were named Tammy, what a coincidence! I'm glad that all of them are back with their families.

i feel like it was along the way. its almost straight down 40.
I wonder if the killer(s) had a connection to Henderson. She was abandoned in an area that was just open desert in those days. It seems like dumping her along 40 near Barstow would make more sense on the way to CA, unless she was being trafficked in Vegas?

And two of them were named Tammy, what a coincidence! I'm glad that all of them are back with their families.
Both Tammys were also born in 1963, another coincidence! It's such a relief to see that poster and to finally know that all 4 girls have been identified. They were all loved so much

Here’s a short timeline:
  1. July 5, 1962 or July 4, 1963*: Tammy is born
  2. April 21, 1974: Tammy’s grandfather dies
  3. 1980 (unknown date): Tammy’s mother and boyfriend get married
  4. September 28, 1980:
    1. Tammy goes to the Roswell state fair
    2. Tammy goes to a restaurant with an unknown male and female
    3. The trio leaves, possibly intending to head to California
  5. c. October 4/5, 1980: Tammy is killed
  6. October 5, 1980: Tammy’s body is found in Henderson, NV
*Ancestry and the police have different dates given for when Tammy was born

Sources:

So glad for the family and relatives of Tammy to finally have answers, and that Tammy has her name back. Is her last name spelled with two 'l's' or one, I assume if one it should be corrected in the thread heading, after all, we want it to be correct after all this time! :)

So glad for the family and relatives of Tammy to finally have answers, and that Tammy has her name back. Is her last name spelled with two 'l's' or one, I assume if one it should be corrected in the thread heading, after all, we want it to be correct after all this time! :)

I'm pretty sure it's two Ls, that's what the photo said in the press release, but after Sherry Jarvis's name was incorrectly announced as Sherri, it is possible that Tammy's last name was announced wrong.

I wonder if the killer(s) had a connection to Henderson. She was abandoned in an area that was just open desert in those days. It seems like dumping her along 40 near Barstow would make more sense on the way to CA, unless she was being trafficked in Vegas?

She might have been taken to Las Vegas for the Ali/Holmes fight on October 2. Several of us mentioned that fight as soon as we saw the date of this murder. The fight itself was a dud but it was incredibly publicized, anticipated and viewed. People from all over the world would have traveled to Las Vegas for that fight. In those years many mega fights -- including this one -- were held on Thursday night in Las Vegas, designed to keep visitors in town for the weekend.

I don't know how sex trafficking works but seemingly it would be sensible for traffickers to detour to Las Vegas for a few days, knowing the type of clientele who would be in town for an event like that, and therefore the price range. They might have told her California then veered to Las Vegas, whether or not they already intended to kill her.

Rest in peace, Tammy. Glad you have your name back, finally, and such a beautiful name.
She shared (nearly) the same name as a wonderful singer who passed away much too young, Tammi Terrell - Wikipedia

And someone mentioned the Gallegos as possibly being involved. I know Charlene is still alive, so they can at least hopefully talk to her if they were at all involved, or were in Roswell/Las Vegas at those times.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back