NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Telles, in direct contradiction w/ prior police testimony, says he never searched victim Jeff German's address. Which police said he did many many times. "I didn't know his address." "You would have seen some landing page." "Didn't do a google map search."

Telles tells jury he accepted loss to current Public Admin. Rita Reid, but he planned on suing. Draft lawsuit in hand. Wants jury to review. His attorney, the very patient Robert Draskovich, shuttling pieces of evidence to and fro court clerk and Telles.

@kyleJpaine

@kyleJpaine

Telles tells jury on day of murder he went for a walk and to gym, now wants to show jury another exhibit, which slows things down immensely. Exhibit on screen, says he abandoned gym barcode keychain ID long ago. Part of his alibi that he was at gym on 9/2.

Telles, at #TellesTrial, on why he didn't respond to several txt msgs he received on day of murder. Many of them were spam or did not require responses. One from wife -- he says he was almost home from walk and didn't need to respond. Mentions wife didn't text again.

He says he was at the gym, Planet Fitness, for an hour, and as for unanswered messages: "I didn't need to reply of these.”

Telles, at #TellesTrial, tells jury he had phone on him all day on 9/2: "You should have no doubt that I had my phone on me.”

"I don't feel the need to respond to every text message immediately.”

"I can't imagine the kind of person who..." Objection. "I am not the kind of person who would stab someone." Objection. Sustained. "I would never beat anybody up." "I would never kill anyone." And with that, defendant's testimony is over." Court in recess.

@kyleJpaine

Telles tells jury on day of murder he went for a walk and to gym, now wants to show jury another exhibit, which slows things down immensely. Exhibit on screen, says he abandoned gym barcode keychain ID long ago. Part of his alibi that he was at gym on 9/2.

Telles, at #TellesTrial, on why he didn't respond to several txt msgs he received on day of murder. Many of them were spam or did not require responses. One from wife -- he says he was almost home from walk and didn't need to respond. Mentions wife didn't text again.

He says he was at the gym, Planet Fitness, for an hour, and as for unanswered messages: "I didn't need to reply of these.”

Telles, at #TellesTrial, tells jury he had phone on him all day on 9/2: "You should have no doubt that I had my phone on me.”

"I don't feel the need to respond to every text message immediately.”

"I can't imagine the kind of person who..." Objection. "I am not the kind of person who would stab someone." Objection. Sustained. "I would never beat anybody up." "I would never kill anyone." And with that, defendant's testimony is over." Court in recess.
Was there any oxygen left in the courtroom when he stopped talking??????

@Vanessa_Murphy

#TellesTrial: cross examination of Robert Telles to begin.

Clark Co. Chief Deputy DA Chris Hamner at podium.

He is a seasoned prosecutor.

Telles made comments about being a family man.
The question: Does this open him up to cross exam to possibly show otherwise?

Clark Co. DA Steve Wolfson is here.

Jeff German’s family is also here.

Re: the jury. They seemed to be listening closely to Telles.
Some continue to take notes.
Difficult to tell: haven’t noticed any obvious reactions.

15-minute recess was scheduled. Still waiting though.

I’m sitting behind #RobertTelles while he waits for this to continue.

Telles has had several thick manilla envelopes with him.

Today, I see five.

He’s also had a box (similar to shoebox size) marked “ROBERT TELLES LEGAL.”

Hearing outside presence of jury panel. Draskovich says there is question about what doors have been opened about communications between Telles & Roberta Lee-Kennett, the employee he’s accused of having inappropriate relationship with. Telles agreed to allow messages in…

Hamner says he believes Telles knows the messages may be damaging…

Telles tries to interject…
Judge says “just a minute…”
Now Telles speaks: claims county doesn’t allow production of personal content…
Claims Hamner wants to mislead jury…
Draskovich says messages pre-date case.
Hamner: we have these messages. It’s not about taking a walk

Hamner says THEY ARE ROMANTIC MESSAGES.
Wants messages admitted.

Hamner: it is beyond me how that would be pulled out.
Says Telles wanted all of these messages.
Hamner says court can look at messages.
Doesn’t want to start cross examination to start without clarity (about whether these messages can be admitted).

Lunch break until 1:15pm.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Back live with a hearing without the jury present.

ETA: Short hearing, I guess those texts won't be discussed in cross.

@Vanessa_Murphy

#RobertTelles is back in the courtroom.
Judge not here.
Jury not here.
Prosecutor Chris Hamner is back at the podium.

Some of you are asking for juror reactions.
Thing is…aside from remaining focused and taking notes, I’m not seeing obvious reactions.If I do notice any, I’ll report them.

Attorneys discussing the messages again outside presence of jury.Telles to take the stand again now.
Jury being brought in.

Hamner: many times during your direct, you stated this is the killer, correct?(Referring to pic of suspect from surveillance video)Telles: eventually agrees.Hamner: were you bothered by crime scene pics?
Telles: yes.

Telles agrees he believes the killer was someone hired, like an assassin. Hamner asking if a professional assassin would wear a giant sunhat.Hamner playing video of the suspect released by@LVMPD.
Hamner shows SUV.
That’s the killer’s car, right?
Telles: yes

Hamner showing PowerPoint with footage show killer comes back to scene, looks around as if he forgot something.Hamner: professional killer killed someone in broad daylight, forgot something, & came back to house?Telles says maybe killer wanted to be seen.

Hamner: you believe this was all part of the plan? Sir, doesn’t it look a littleAmateurish?
You really think that looks like a professional killer?

Hammer shows pic of suspect SUV & refers to rims.Hamner shows pic of SUV Telles drove.
Hamner: “Just like the car in the video, correct?”Points out Telles told jury his SUV didn’t match.
Telles: “Similar to the killer’s car.”

Hamner shows that the window tints are the same.Telles: “I think the killer got a car like mine.”Hamner: “You’re suggesting that the professional hitman in the funny hat knew about your visor as well?”Telles claims a detective or another officer adjusted the visor.

Telles claims a detective made false representations.Hamner asks how many detectives or officers are part of the conspiracy.Telles says he doesn’t know, just knows he didn’t commit the murder.

Hamner: you never talked about DNA during your testimony.Telles says he’s disputing his DNA was under German’s fingernails.Hamner: oh, the DNA lab is part of it (framing), too?Your DNA just happens to be under his fingernails?Telles: no, sir….I believe it was planted…

Hamner: you would agree if someone was fighting for their life…they could get DNA under their fingernails?
Hamner now addressing home of Telles, chopped up grey Nike shoe under his couch.
Hamner zooms in to suspect shoe from video.
They agree it’s exact same type of shoe.

Hamner: results: DNA in shoe.
Telles: I believe when officer needs help plugging holes in case, other officers help…
Telles says Det. Jappe is part of framing him, he’s not sure if Nike shoe was his.
“When somebody chops up shoe, puts it under couch, that’s a little strange.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back