NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wait, is Telles denying his stalking photos found on his phone were ever actually on his phone??!

Just now joining. Telles is a trip.

Cross continues...

Hamner: results: DNA in shoe.Telles: I believe when officer needs help plugging holes in case, other officers help…Telles says Det. Jappe is part of framing him, he’s not sure if Nike shoe was his.
“When somebody chops up shoe, puts it under couch, that’s a little strange.”

Hamner: if compass realty framed you, how would they know about the shoes?Telles claiming setup. Says he didn’t commit the murder.Telles now suggesting possible phone hack.Hamner: DNA on scissors, so metro got that right?
Telles: yes…he then suggests they used the DNA…

Hamner: if @LVMPD wanted to frame you, why wouldn’t they put the murder weapon in your house?
Does that make any sense?
Telles: I think it does.Hamner: I think it’s really odd the most significant piece of evidence is not in your house despite your theory of being framed.

Hamner: if all of these people wanted to frame you, why didn’t they put the bright orange clothing in your house?
Why didn’t they put German’s DNA in your house?
Telles: sir, I don’t know.Hamner: we do know you washed the car prior to your arrest…

Hamner: washing things can make evidence go away, correct?
Telles: could it? yes.
Hamner turning to cell phone.
Files from 8/12/22: 2 to 3 weeks before German is killed?
Telles: if we can trust the date, yes.
Hammer: Google map data shows his house, right?
Telles: appears to be

Hamner: this is very spot where German took his last breath…(showing pic)Very spot his body is lying is inside your phone.Telles: that is very strange.
Hamner: you’d agree if you’re planning on killing someone, good idea to get lay of land, correct?
Telles: I don’t know.

Hamner: over 100 images of German’s house & street in your phone?
Telles: if it’s there, I didn’t put it there.
I can’t tell you it’s true.
Hamner: it’s same phone your expert looked it.
Expert never said his phone was compromised.
Draskovich objects.
Judge sustains.

Hamner: you offered testimony to this jury about the timeline?
Telles: yes.
Hamner: do you find it strange if there’s info that’s helpful you don’t find a problem but if it’s damaging you say your phone might be compromised?

Hamner: image (from his cell phone) shows security camera of neighbor of German.

Over 132 images in your phone focusing on that (German’s home/street).

@Vanessa_Murphy

Last edited:
Prosecutor in #TellesTrial w/Telles on stand: "Sir, I have a question for you. If [LVMPD] frames you, why didn't they plan the murder weapon?" "The most significant piece of evidence is not in your house despite your theory that you were framed?" Telles has no answer.

"Why don't they cover your car in German's DNA?" "They control everything... they rub it full of DNA? If they want to frame you why isn't it there?" Telles: Sir - I don't know."

I get the sense that he still doesn’t regret taking the stand.

This is fascinating (and not so great for him).

Hamner showing material from work computer of Telles.
Includes car registration info for German.
Telles: what was the search term to find it?
Hamner: one of the search terms is German’s address

Cell phone showed no outgoing messages on his cell phone from 8:48am - 2:05pm on the day of the murder, 9/2/22.

Hamner: you never reported that your phone was hacked or stolen or that your house was broken into?

@Vanessa_Murphy

He will just say they saw him cleaning his car, so they didn't rub it with DNA. These are just pointless arguments that don't belong in a trial. If Telles accuses of framing, he needs to prove it and of course he can't. This is probably why his lawyer doesn't want anything to do with it. IMO

Hamner: how did compass realty break into your home to plant evidence?

Telles: I don’t know…but I didn’t put it there…

Hamner: how did they put images in your phone?

Telles says he doesn’t know.

Hamner asks why Telles did sit down interview with German.

Telles admits he lied about affair with Roberta Lee-Kennett.

Says here in court HE DID HAVE AFFAIR WITH HER.

@Vanessa_Murphy

This sounds more like an interrogation than a trial. Good let it all out. At least he can't claim he didn't have a fair trial.

Found in phone: “how to push down negative search results.”

Admits he lied about affair, but also says he didn’t think his wife would leave him.

Primary: 6/14/22.

Telles says you’re always hopeful you’re going to win election.

Hamner points out he loses, places 3rd.

Hamner shows image.

Tight race.

Telles placed third.

Telles admits if German didn’t write articles, he may have won.

Says employees got Jeff German to publicly tear him down & he agreed to do it.

6/22/22: German publishes fourth article after Telles lost.

Hamner: you didn’t like Jeff German by this point?

Telles: He was not a central figure in my life…

Says he blames two Public Administrator employees for his downfall.

“Who I hold most responsible is not Mr. German”

@Vanessa_Murphy

Seems worth noting in the context of previous courtroom attacks reported on by @davidcharns
and @Vanessa_Murphy at Regional Justice Center that judge Michelle Leavitt's marshal has stood next to Telles on the witness stand all day Thursday at #TellesTrial.

Wednesday, the marshal, who runs a tight ship, stood closer to his station, where there is a separate wooden desk/stand and a chair. The move to the wall adjacent the witness stand is noticeable

Prosecutor Chris Hamner at #TellesTrial cross examining defendant re: victim Jeff German, the investigative newspaper reporter. "You hate him, don't you?" "You believe if Mr. German had not written these four articles..." you'd have won race for Public Administrator?

Telles, at #TellesTrial cross examination, is now leaning back and facing prosecutor Chris Hamner. Occasionally he faces jury as he did during his direct examination / narrative. More relaxed discussing elected Public Admin. office than when discussing murder evidence.

@kyleJpaine

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota
Back