NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Makes me wonder if he's going to do his own closing arguments too. How can a lawyer not partake in his giving of evidence due to ethical considerations (if that was the reason) but then deliver a closing argument based upon his testimony? Hmm. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think these will be the shortest jury deliberations ever. MOO
He'll let the lawyer close. He was hired for the procedurals. He can say, 'my client believes...' if it comes to that. IMO

#TellesTrial: day 10.

State calls retired @LVMPD Detective Cliff Mogg back to the stand.

9/7/22: Confirms pic was taken of Apple Watch belonging to wife of Telles.

Hamner revealed yesterday her watch showed a text to Telles: where are you?
Around 10:30am morning of murder.

This text was not on phone of Telles.

Hamner pointed out it appeared that Telles deleted the text from his phone.

Draskovich to Mogg: acknowledges there are two different ways to pronounce “Telles.”

We’ve heard both throughout this trial.

Draskovich shows extraction report (from cell phone) with deleted column which doesn’t confirm “Where are you?” text as deleted.

Mogg says this is not his area of expertise (cell phone extraction/report).

Wife said ring camera outside Telles house was purchased around 9/5/22.

@Vanessa_Murphy

@k_newberg

We're starting this morning by calling a witness out of order. Prosecutors are calling back former Metro detective Cliff Mogg as a rebuttal witness. Telles will still have a chance to address the jury in re-direct, and prosecutors can then ask follow-up questions.

Mogg testified that he had crime scene analysts take a photo of Telles' wife's Apple watch. A message on the watch, from the morning German was killed, is asking Telles "Where are you?"The message did not appear on Telles' phone.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Telles: I’m not the kind of person who would be foolish enough to use my own vehicle to engage in any kind of crime.

I didn’t know Mr. German’s schedule…to know he’d be home that day & time…didn’t know layout of Mr. German’s home…didn’t know how to lure him out of his house…

1:47 PM · Aug 23, 2024 from Las Vegas, NV

@Vanessa_Murphy

Points out he wasn’t always handcuffed with police…

Says wife and children were sequestered during search…

Points out there was no body camera video from during search of his home…

He’s going back to detective’s investigation of Compass Realty.

Addresses affair with employee:

“We made a big mistake. Something we both regret. If Mr. German had not been killed, you wouldn’t be hearing about it…”

Would have been no way of knowing…

“I respect the law…”

“I wouldn’t have committed murder because I have respect for human life…”

Says life shouldn’t be cut short at the hands of another person.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Hamner previously pointed out Telles appeared to be a “lame duck” after he lost primary.

Telles claims he was not a lame duck.

“I believe the public should demand FBI investigation…”Re: his claims of corruption.

Telles wants to talk about a campaign contribution to Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson.

Attorneys are at the judge’s bench now while Telles remains quiet on the stand.

Shows 3/26/22 $5K campaign donation.

“I am not crazy. I’m not trying to avoid responsibility…Compass Realty could move so much with $ in this day & age…I’m innocent. I’m not the kind of person who could brutally murder another man…then go to the gym and pick up my children…”

@Vanessa_Murphy

Brief recross by prosecutor Chris Hamner.

Hamner re: public records request. Telles claims county omitted anything that would have been personal in nature from records request of communications between Telles & employee he had affair with, Roberta Lee-Kennett.

Hamner points out journalists have multiple sources. Even if county omitted personal messages, German may have had other sources.

Hamner also points out Telles was worried about German’s articles (expressed in a message to employee who supported him).

@k_newberg

Hamner is now questioning Telles about his assumption German would not get personal information about him & Lee-Kennett. Hamner: "Journalists have multiple sources they collect information from."Hamner laying out the searches about German made after German's records request.

Hamner questioning Telles about his statements that Compass Realty donated to DA Steve Wolfson's campaign. Hamner asked if Wolfson is part of Telles' alleged conspiracy to kill German. "I can't rule it out," Telles said, after multiple questions.

"At the end of the day you're just a victim in this whole thing?" Hamner asked. "Yes," Telles said.

Peter @ the "Lawyer You Know" is now an approved source at WS.

LIVE! Robert Telles Trial: Defendant Takes The Stand & Testifies WITHOUT QUESTIONS From His Attorney​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977
Back