NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you can bear to watch him again, he's been interviewed in prison

He actually speaks really well and true to a sociopath's nature, actually believes his own lies.

IMO, he will never get out until he admits to the murder and even he said he was looking at 28 years or so due to the special circumstances of the conviction.

I am a bit relieved for RT's family. I suspect living with him has been very difficult based on descriptions of his behaviors from others in his immediate sphere.
The way the women who worked for him described him on Dateline, gave me chills. He is a monster! So thankful for this jury.

Really? Why not LWOP? I hope we get to hear from some of the jurors, curious how/why?
Apologies for quoting my own post ...

JUROR:
“The evidence was not wrong. Our decision was based upon the evidence presented. He didn’t question the evidence; he questioned the motive behind the evidence — was that he was being set up. But when your DNA is under the victim’s fingernails, that’s a clear signal as well.”

KJP: [Was it a] preposterous conspiracy theory?

JUROR: “Yeah, and the prosecution asked the right questions. It’s like, if they wanted someone killed, why wouldn’t they just kill you?”

KJP: What was the biggest moment in the trial for you?

JUROR: “For me, it was the penalty phase. I wasn’t prepared for that mentally, and so …”

KJP: For being tasked with the responsibility of deciding his fate?

JUROR: “Mhm. “

KJP: That was a big ask of you?

JUROR: “Mhm. Mhm. It was. And then I respect German’s family in that they shared who he was as a man, sibling, and an uncle, and a reporter. What helped with Telles, in my opinion, is his mother’s testimony in her saying to us, ‘I accept the verdict, but please allow him to have a life with his kids.'”

KJP: So that worked.

JUROR: “For me it did. “

KJP: Did anyone in the room, after the penalty phase, say we shouldn’t let this guy out of prison ever?

JUROR: “Yes. Yes. The initial vote was two for life without parole, two for 50 years, and the rest were life with the possibility of parole.”

KJP: So you essentially met in the middle?

I wonder why it wasn't aired, or reported at the time in the media, that they sent a note telling the judge they were deadlocked.

I always thought it was against the rules for jurors to discuss deliberations. Perhaps it doesn't apply to Nevada, but I much prefer that system, because juror revelations always seems to give fodder for appeals.

I don’t get the sympathy here for Telles. He killed German in a hateful, cold-blooded manner, and yet the jury felt bad when his Mom begged them to let him see his kids again?? Sorry, that’s not okay. RT deserves zero sympathy. He’s a monster and his kids are better without him!
MOO

I don’t get the sympathy here for Telles. He killed German in a hateful, cold-blooded manner, and yet the jury felt bad when his Mom begged them to let him see his kids again?? Sorry, that’s not okay. RT deserves zero sympathy. He’s a monster and his kids are better without him!
MOO
No sympathy from me! None at all.

If you can bear to watch him again, he's been interviewed in prison

I went back and tried again----successfully this time. The convicted murderer is just too far gone to understand the effect he has had and continues to have on any audience. JMO--it was a great interview that leaves no room for logical thinking. The man kept saying it made no sense. HE IS CORRECT!!! His excuses, opinions, his "facts"--all are just nonsensical. Again, thanks for the link.

Hey Everyone,
Isn't it nice that you no longer have to deal with the obnoxious ads on Websleuths. You also don't have to deal with me whining asking for donations for the server. Websleuths is so much better now and that is because of our partnership with Othram. We are now free of my whining and those horrid ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

In their response, prosecutors said there was no legal basis to hold a hearing.

“Calling jurors in to discuss this matter at an evidentiary hearing would be improper as it clearly falls within ambit of delving into a juror’s internal thought process at some point of the deliberation and that cannot be used to impeach a jury verdict under state and federal law,” prosecutors said citing previous case law.
https://www.8newsnow.com/investigators/las-vegas-judge-denies-robert-telles-hearing-over-jury-note/

Judge Leavitt denied the defense motion. While Telles has been sentenced by the jury on the murder charge, the judge is expected to sentence him on the enhancements around that charge (deafly weapon and the fact his victim over 60) on October 16th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chenv8
Back