Identified! NV - Las Vegas, *GRAPHIC*, Skull found on Lake Mead shoreline, 2nd discovery in week, May'22 - Thomas Erndt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@yurintroubl it's a 1977 Coors beer can. The one you posted is from 1959.
https://www.molsoncoorsblog.com/sites/mcblog/files/uploads/2019/01/Banquet-Can-Lineup.jpg

See how the 12 is centered right below the "oo" in Coors?

It may have nothing to do with the remains, as @summergirl1 said, but if it does, we know it was between 1977 and 1979. The Coors Banquet can changed its label again in 1978.

MOO JMO
We didn't have barcodes in 1977.

Bars & Stripes First Introduced

Bars & Stripes was first introduced to the market in 1991 by Tippecanoe Systems, Inc. Since then, Bars & Stripes has gone on to be one of the industry’s most popular barcode software applications enabling small businesses to adopt bar coding with minimal expense.

Last edited:

Bars & Stripes was first introduced to the market in 1991 by Tippecanoe Systems, Inc. Since then, Bars & Stripes has gone on to be one of the industry’s most popular barcode software applications enabling small businesses to adopt bar coding with minimal expense.

I don't see barcodes mentioned anywhere...

MOO JMO

8 News NOW Las Vegas put out a video. It appears to be a partial body and looks a bit suspicious for an accidental death.

Graphic

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at. If it's a skull, it's from an unusual angle. I can't think of other bones with holes like that though.

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at. If it's a skull, it's from an unusual angle. I can't think of other bones with holes like that though.
At the 1:18 mm; It's a torso. The big holes are where its legs were cut off. Missing the upper parts of the body.

The only reason I know this is I was watching Sin City Outdoors YT and that's what they were told. When they were there, divers were still searching for the rest of it.

At the 1:18 mm; It's a torso. The big holes are where its legs were cut off. Missing the upper parts of the body.

The only reason I know this is I was watching Sin City Outdoors YT and that's what they were told. When they were there, divers were still searching for the rest of it.

Okay, thanks, I can see it now.

Bars and stripes are barcodes. The can has barcodes on it.
I know what barcodes are, I just didn't see them mentioned here by anyone. That's what I meant. And I also don't see a barcode on the can.

MOO JMO

Last edited:
Aaaaah. OK. Was starting to think I was missing something.... looking for a bar code on all the cans in that retrospective image. lol I see where that thin font may appear to look like a bar code... especially if trying to view the image on a phone and not a monitor.

This new set of remains looks like it's gotten the "Vesuvius treatment" but some of the skeleton intact. Now whether this happened naturally via silt and mud... or resulted from encasement of an unnatural, man-made sort... The few snips of video I've seen aren't definitive enough for me to even speculate.

Body #4; this one was also found at Swim Beach. I wonder if it's the missing parts of the other one?
[snips]
National Park Service Rangers received an emergency call reporting the discovery of human skeletal remains at Swim Beach in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area around 11:15 a.m.
The first set was found May 1 when a body was found in a barrel near Hemenway Harbor.

Less than a week later, additional human remains were found at Callville Bay. The third set of remains was found on July 25, when a person at Swim Beach near Boulder Beach reported human remains to the National Park Service.

by: Linsey Lewis, Nexstar Media Wire
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 / 11:51 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 7, 2022 / 12:06 PM EDT

Are you talking about above the word coors? I don't think that's a bar code, it looks like words

Are there separate threads for each set of remains? In the news this is now tracked as the 5th set of remains... So many at Lake Mead and so far nothing at Lake Powell?
Perhaps a mod can help with changing the titles? This body was called "Callville Bay Doe" by the Clark County Coroner. I can't find any information on how they're referring to the other bodies, but it's likely to be similar.

I've been trying to track these cases to keep them all straight. So far this year (August 25, 2022) there have been:

Hemenway Harbor Boat Ramp Doe, May 1 (adult male found in barrel, shot to death)
Callville Bay Doe, May 7 (bones buried in soil, IDed as Mr. Thomas Erndt, had drowned August 2, 2002)

And three sets of remains at Boulder/Swim Beach, which may belong to 1-3 different people:

Boulder/Swim Beach Remains 1, a semi-preserved torso(?) found "around 4:30 PM on July 25," and
Boulder/Swim Beach Remains 2 (details of remains unavailable) found August 6, possibly belonging to just one person

Boulder/Swim Beach Remains 3, found August 15 (details unavailable, but I'd guess the CCOC/ME is looking into whether they were the same decedent as the others found nearby)

It is worth noting that 4/5 of these are found in the same general area. Hemenway Harbor, where Swim Beach and the boat ramp are, is at the far southern end of Lake Mead. Callville Bay, where Mr. Erndt's corpse was found, is about twenty miles away. Both are the most populated areas of the lake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202
Back