NV NV - Las Vegas, UnkRace/AgeFem, UP71455, buried in backyard, 'Casper' blanket, sleeping bag, May'20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It could be the missing info just hasn't been entered online. As for where the remains were found, even if that isn't the right house, it's probably the right neighborhood. The house was built in 2002, so it is a newer neighborhood. That would fit with the remains not being all that historical. I looked at the backyard though, and the houses are built very close together there. It seems like it might be a challenge to bury a body discreetly, unless some of those homes weren't built then.

If the house was rented as it apparently was, then it could be the owners or company who rented it no longer have rental records from years ago or did it not keep good records or any, perhaps. That defintely could hinder the search for the identity of this body. It doesn't sound like this body could have been there before the house was built and the developers etc missed it because it was in an area intended for the backyard?
Yeah. Sounds like the body hasn’t been there terribly long. Yeah, so if it was built in 2002 I think that would kind of point to her having died some time in the past 20 years.

She’s been picked at by animals and scavengers it seems. So she’s basically carrion from the description Namus gives. But I thought they dug her up? It makes sense if she was buried without a casket, that maybe worms would have eaten her. The only thing we seem to know about this body is that she was female. Nothing more nothing less.

Just that she was a girl or a woman (probably the latter) picked at by bugs and unrecognizable. I wonder if she was a spouse or child of a previous homeowner, and instead getting her cremated or buried in a cemetery they buried her in the backyard.

This seems like a good case for Othram Labs.

@othram , folks are calling your name....

And, records-wise, 2002 wasn't that long ago. City, county, state, & federal governments have records going back before that; utility companies likely do as well.

(Old genealogist, trust me, info is out there!)

@othram , folks are calling your name....

And, records-wise, 2002 wasn't that long ago. City, county, state, & federal governments have records going back before that; utility companies likely do as well.

(Old genealogist, trust me, info is out there!)
Thanks we will look!

Unidentified Person/NamUs #UP71455
Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found:May 3, 2020
Location Found: Las Vegas, Nevada
Estimated Age Range--

Circumstances of Recovery: Human remains were found by a homeowner while excavating his backyard in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Last edited:
Yeah NAMUS is helpful, but their map pins -- not very accurate.

Not enough long bones for a height estimate? Likely the pelvis present to determine gender.

Have to agree -- how much time & effort was applied here?

jmho ymmv lrr
Probably. I think if we found maybe arm or leg bones we could determine her height, which could give us some clues as to her age.

I mean, c’mon you don’t see 8 years olds that are 5’5” (average woman height) every day! Although one time I came across a case where a pelvis was found, that was the only remain from that particular UID. They somehow determined that particular man was about 5’2” even with just his pelvis.

I’m sure her pelvis was present, maybe also a skull, if no pelvis, skull can be used to identify gender.

Anique Beauregard could be a possible match:

what do you think?

I think it's possible. I was just looking at her thread. This feels like a case where the woman was visiting this or a nearby house, passed away accidentally (or possibly during a crime), and someone panicked and buried her in the yard. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back