Found Deceased NV - Madelyn Lingenfelter, 19, Reno, 19 Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
modsnip / removed as no link to information, against TOS, and acc responses
*modsnip*
I always wondered why no press conference when she went missing. I constantly bugged the local media and RPD for lack of coverage and why no plea. This has me so heartbroken and disgusted with how Reno handled this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m with you Gypsyblue. I felt an immediate need to help Madelyn as soon as I saw her picture. Many of us felt this draw to her and now, I just feel this deep sorrow. I wonder to myself, what happened to cause her to get to such a hopeless place and I think - if only she knew how many people cared about her. My deepest sympathy to all Madelyn’s family and friends, and gratitude to all the people who showed up here with the sole purpose to help this young lady. I really do think you all are the best of the best. You are amazing. Thank you!!

RPD just said that now after the autopsy they are confirming it's suicide. So she was there the whole time. Something doesn't seem right...
Please provide a link acc to TOS, otherwise this kind of posts may be removed

Not sure why this is in violation, but here is the article stating it was suicide.

Missing woman's body found off Mt. Rose Highway
Thank you, now is clear!
it is a violation if you do not state a source and from your posting it was not obvious that you s0sre reffering to an article or that this one was already linked before.
E.g. just add the link in your post next time

Someone please give me scenarios or enlighten me on how you rule COD a suicide on skeletal remains in less than 3 days. That's a really short investigation imo for a missing girl found less than half a mile from her car in an area previously searched. So upsetting to me.
I agree.. to me it seems like the body (remains) were planted after the search, there is no way that many people could miss her like that...plus it is hard to determine COD on a skeleton.. unless she had a broken hyoid bone, but that can also be strangulation not just a hanging..

I agree.. to me it seems like the body (remains) were planted after the search, there is no way that many people could miss her like that...plus it is hard to determine COD on a skeleton.. unless she had a broken hyoid bone, but that can also be strangulation not just a hanging..
You would be surprised. Ashley Meiss was found many more months later after disappearing and she was found in the very small patch of woods about 100 to 200 feet behind her apartment. There was the teacher in Maine that was found not far from her home in an area searched at least three times.

One of the things that isn't obvious (due to the lack of details released in suicides) is that searchers often do not look up. Women 15-34 choose hanging 47 percent of the time. So if there is an indication that self harm is possible searchers should remember to look up in the trees when searching. Now I don't know if that is the case here but that is one explanation for not finding her quickly and it wouldn't be until the body falls or leaves fall where she would be seen without looking up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back