GUILTY NV - Micaela 'Mickey' Costanzo, 16, West Wendover, 3 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wow....this girl was so full of jealousy and hatred....this boy has ruined his life and the life of others because he couldnt stand up to his green eyed girlfriend......what a little witch

Murder trial dates set in killing of West Wendover teen
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=16936122

(snip)
Patten, 18, and 19-year-old Toni Fratto are accused of killing 16-year-old West Wendover High School student Micaela "Mickey" Costanzo on March 3. The cases of each defendant are being held separately. Both were bound over for trial following preliminary hearings in Elko, Nev.

Fratto's case is now scheduled to begin Feb. 13, 2012, and Patten's on March 12, 2012. Both trials are expected to run two weeks

Patton's own attorney admits the death penalty would be hard to avoid. Can the DA go ahead and prosecute a defendant that pleads guilty to avoid the death penalty? I want to know those details because I'm nosey that way. But Micaela's mother deserves to know how and why this happened. IMO.

The lawyer for one of two teens accused in the March 2011 killing of a Nevada classmate said Friday that the 19-year-old will plead guilty to first-degree murder.
Attorney John Ohlson told The Associated Press that Kody Cree Patton will enter the plea Wednesday in Elko.
"It was the sensible thing to do," Ohlson said Friday, adding that if some of the details about the killing came out at trial, "it would be difficult to avoid the death penalty."

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=15...to-plead-guilty-in-nev-killing&s_cid=queue-11

"Your blood runs cold, Mr. Patten. There shall be no possibility of parole."

Those words from Elko District Judge Daniel Papez Friday prompted cheers from the family of murdered West Wendover High School student Micaela "Mickey" Costanzo.

The final chapter in the 2011 brutal killing of 16-year-old Micaela was written Friday in an Elko courtroom when 19-year-old Kody Cree Patten was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21844616&ni...role-for-murdering-classmate&s_cid=featured-2

This upcoming March marks two years since the body of a 16-year-old girl was found near West Wendover. Two classmates pleaded guilty in Micaela Costanzo's death, but both gave completely different stories about the murder.
The case will get new attention Friday night, when "Dateline NBC" airs a special featuring the journals of one of the killers.

More:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23610271&ni...ht-on-west-wendover-homicide&s_cid=featured-2

Anyone know what phone service provider Micaela had?

wow....this girl was so full of jealousy and hatred....this boy has ruined his life and the life of others because he couldnt stand up to his green eyed girlfriend......what a little witch

BINGO> You got it exactly right.

I am watching DATELINE on this case. And I watched the interviews with the suspects. And it is so obvious. You look at how beautiful Mickey was---just a pure natural beauty. And the killer, the jealous girlfriend was homely, and plain looking. I think she was very jealous of Mickey and her boyfriends long time crush on her. JMO

Wow, watching Dateline and find this whole story shocking. They are so young but were so evil. I totally agree that the Toni was the driving force. Kody is evil too imo but I think she was the boss at least in the murder of this sweet girl. Pure evil!

Wow, watching Dateline and find this whole story shocking. They are so young but were so evil. I totally agree that the Toni was the driving force. Kody is evil too imo but I think she was the boss at least in the murder of this sweet girl. Pure evil!

I agree. Kind of reminded me of the Texas Cadet murder case, all about jealousy.

I was getting angry listening to her parents trying to sell the abuse angle. It was obvious BS, imo, and they had already said how wonderful Kody was when they took him in etc. Kody had no motive to kill her without Toni.

I wish she was doing life as well, she will likely get out.

BINGO> You got it exactly right.

I am watching DATELINE on this case. And I watched the interviews with the suspects. And it is so obvious. You look at how beautiful Mickey was---just a pure natural beauty. And the killer, the jealous girlfriend was homely, and plain looking. I think she was very jealous of Mickey and her boyfriends long time crush on her. JMO

I was watching and thinking the same thing.

Just finished watching the Dateline episode of this tragic crime.
*graphic below, sorry *

Imo, Toni might have been the one doing the cutting on Mickey's face -- the act seems like Toni wanted to 'deface' Mickey; like when kids write on a monument to mess it up.
Strange that Kody wouldn't say that in court to save his own skin, though.
I think Toni should have received life without parole. jmo.

Sick, just sick!! I think she was the driving force. When she said the "designated" location, it sealed the deal for me. The designated murder location! DUH!!

Toni's parents suffer from Anthony Disease too. "Woe is me, I won't live to see my daughter out of prison...wahhhhhhhhhhhhh". OH SHUT UP. I wanted to reach thru the TV and smack both of her parents. At least it seems Kody's parents tried to do the right thing in the beginning.

I saw the Dateline story. So sad and unfortunate that Mickie found herself between these two and their twisted relationship. I agree that Toni's family tried to downplay her involvement. Just like Diane Zamora's family did in the Texas cadet murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back