NV NV - Multiple Sets of Human Remains Found in Lake Mead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering what kind of personal items, from which they determined the 1980's, could withstand that many years of being underwater? Maybe a watch?

BBM

I do... in case I forget my keys at home, I can open the service door with a CC.

As to the wallet, I don't think there was a wallet with ID cards, or the investigators wouldn't have "to scan missing persons cases from the 1980s to search for clues" as stated in the article.

It must have been something very specific... as someone who loves vintage items and wears/carries them all the time, I can't think of an item that could reveal that kind of information.

MOO JMOO
I would guess that while some vintage items are still used/carried today, others are generally not.

For some reason I seem to only be able to pull 70s items from my brain rather than 80s things, but maybe the 80s version of things like really wide and loud-patterned ties, platform shoes, etc.

BBM

I do... in case I forget my keys at home, I can open the service door with a CC.

As to the wallet, I don't think there was a wallet with ID cards, or the investigators wouldn't have "to scan missing persons cases from the 1980s to search for clues" as stated in the article.

It must have been something very specific... as someone who loves vintage items and wears/carries them all the time, I can't think of an item that could reveal that kind of information.

MOO JMOO
It could be any number of things when you think about it. I think the above mentioned watch could be a good example. Maybe a Walkman, a filofax, a bank card from a defunct bank, a ticket from a concert, a make of shirt or belt and so on.
I guess we just have to be patient and wait.
My husband who fancies himself a comedian offered up "its Jimmy Hoffa" sigh.
I'm hopeful that a family will soon find out what happened to their loved one though. Moo.

This case is interesting. Not only does it highlight the effects of environmental impacts, it sounds like something out of a crime show. Quite tragic he was in there for so long and the fact they said more bodies could be in there waiting to be discovered by the receding water is unsettling.

I would guess that while some vintage items are still used/carried today, others are generally not.

For some reason I seem to only be able to pull 70s items from my brain rather than 80s things, but maybe the 80s version of things like really wide and loud-patterned ties, platform shoes, etc.

Now that you mentioned it, the only item from the 80s I can think of is my first Swatch, everything else is from the 70s or earlier. Mostly costume jewelry, wristwatches and a couple of clothing items.
The 80s fashion was still "wearable" in the early 90s, same with the 70s fashion... still "wearable" in the early 80s. Plus, not everyone is into fashion or can afford to follow the latest fashion trends. So... I really don't think the investigators determined a period of time through a piece of clothing. JMO MOO MO

Vegas police: Body found in barrel was of man who was shot

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas police believe a body found inside a barrel in the newly exposed bottom of Lake Mead was that of a man who had been shot.

Homicide Lt. Ray Spencer also said Tuesday that shoes worn by the man were manufactured in the middle and late 1970s, indicating that the killing likely occurred between the middle 1970s and early 1980s, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

What a way for a humans life to be ended and then their body discarded :(

Hopefully this person has family who are needing answers of where their missing loved one is, they can at least have that, small consolation I'm sure, but it is an answer.

In the image (genuinely was surprised to actually see this gentleman's remains in the barrel) it kinda looks like there's holes in the shirt, and a pair of brown shorts or trouser material on leg bones? moo

Trying to imagine how nervous some guilty parties right be right now, not just the person who killed this poor soul in a barrel, but anyone who might have dumped any other victims who are yet to be found, imo, speculation.

Regarding identifying items that were recovered with the UID, wondering if something like a medical device of some sort spilled out of the barrel, such as a pacemaker, hip joint etc.. imo.

Trying to imagine how nervous some guilty parties right be right now, not just the person who killed this poor soul in a barrel, but anyone who might have dumped any other victims who are yet to be found, imo, speculation.

Regarding identifying items that were recovered with the UID, wondering if something like a medical device of some sort spilled out of the barrel, such as a pacemaker, hip joint etc.. imo.
Most guys that were dumping bodies back in the late 70's - mid 80's are probably dead or in a nursing home right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202
Back