NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello all. Thought I would check in. If your not aware already, I am one private investigator associated with former law enforcement and other experienced PIs. Our team is working with family members in the disappearance of SK. I will share with you that during our investigation we have asked for and received police reports from Henderson PD and St. George PD. We were unable to get a report from Las Vegas PD. Either they don't have one or, they did not want to provide one. We have also conducted a telephonic interview with the neighbor who claims to have witnessed SK leave that fateful Sat night and the Ruby Valley residents he visited. In one of the reports, two pings and the GPS coordinates of these pings was provided by LE. We are very much interested in how LE translated one of these pings into the GPS coordinate provided in the report. Attempts to reach the detective for this query go on. "Things don't happen fast enough"we sometimes say. Keep in mind, we are not LE. Our abilities are limited. One other possible scenario to consider IMO, SK ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and met with of random act of violence. Some folks out there have a low opinion of the LDS community.We are considering this among the other scenarios even mentioned on this site. The trip to Ruby Valley seems benign to me. The trip is accounted for using basic math, receipts, bank statements and phone calls. The motive is unclear other than to clear his head after his telephonic argument with his father and to reach out to a friend. In a former occupation of mine, it was normal to work for over 24 hours. I calculate his trip kept SK up for approx. 20 hours. I believe he slept upon arriving back home. The trip to Overton NV is interesting to us. Someone saw something that Saturday I believe. Video captured something that Saturday. Cameras are everywhere. What happens to disappearances happened here. 7 to 10 days of pseudo intense investigation and TV coverage. Then nothing. SK's car should have been processed for fingerprints and DNA. It was not. Until remains are found or someone comes forward. We may never know what happened. Again someone saw something or knows something if you read this come forward and free your conscience. We have set up an anonymous tip line. 385 437 3900.

Hello all.
If you have not heard already, human remains have accidentally been discovered by an Archaeologist in Topok, AZ. Google it and you'll find the story. Topok is some distance South of Henderson, NV. We are watching this closely.

“Authorities say they have found human remains in a remote area of the Arizona desert.

The Mohave County Sheriff's Office says its deputies discovered the remains Wednesday morning in Topock, a small town that lies between Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City in western Arizona.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...orities-find-remains-in-remote-part-of-desert

“An archeologist conducting work in a remote area located human remains outside Topock on Wednesday.”

Human remains found near Topock

Hello all.
If you have not heard already, human remains have accidentally been discovered by an Archaeologist in Topok, AZ. Google it and you'll find the story. Topok is some distance South of Henderson, NV. We are watching this closely.

Topok is over a hundred miles from where Steven was last seen. Is there reason to believe he was in Arizona for some reason?

Hello all. Thought I would check in. If your not aware already, I am one private investigator associated with former law enforcement and other experienced PIs. Our team is working with family members in the disappearance of SK. I will share with you that during our investigation we have asked for and received police reports from Henderson PD and St. George PD. We were unable to get a report from Las Vegas PD. Either they don't have one or, they did not want to provide one. We have also conducted a telephonic interview with the neighbor who claims to have witnessed SK leave that fateful Sat night and the Ruby Valley residents he visited. In one of the reports, two pings and the GPS coordinates of these pings was provided by LE. We are very much interested in how LE translated one of these pings into the GPS coordinate provided in the report. Attempts to reach the detective for this query go on. "Things don't happen fast enough"we sometimes say. Keep in mind, we are not LE. Our abilities are limited. One other possible scenario to consider IMO, SK ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and met with of random act of violence. Some folks out there have a low opinion of the LDS community.We are considering this among the other scenarios even mentioned on this site. The trip to Ruby Valley seems benign to me. The trip is accounted for using basic math, receipts, bank statements and phone calls. The motive is unclear other than to clear his head after his telephonic argument with his father and to reach out to a friend. In a former occupation of mine, it was normal to work for over 24 hours. I calculate his trip kept SK up for approx. 20 hours. I believe he slept upon arriving back home. The trip to Overton NV is interesting to us. Someone saw something that Saturday I believe. Video captured something that Saturday. Cameras are everywhere. What happens to disappearances happened here. 7 to 10 days of pseudo intense investigation and TV coverage. Then nothing. SK's car should have been processed for fingerprints and DNA. It was not. Until remains are found or someone comes forward. We may never know what happened. Again someone saw something or knows something if you read this come forward and free your conscience. We have set up an anonymous tip line. 385 437 3900.
Good insight, what specifically intrigues you about the over tonight stop? -(I'm the one you guys met with in Murray)

Here is the statement from his cousin regarding that:
@Naegle said earlier in this threat "You have it right. Steven's been known to sleep in his car if he's traveling alone. He did have a shaving kit in the car with him and... losts of coats. I don't know what to think about that."

Hmmm. I wonder how for long he'd "been known to sleep in his car". Is this something that he'd been known to do over the past years, or past months?

I also wonder what "lots of coats" means. Three? Five? Ten? I sort of think the "lots of coats" just means that he'd been sleeping in his car, like the shaving kit: A single guy renting an apartment likely might not have an extra blanket(s), but might have an extra coat or two. Still, if lots of coats is five or ten, etc., what does that mean???

I am curious about Overton as well. It’s off the beaten path and is sort of a pain to get to. Once you’re there, there isn’t a whole lot to do there and there only are a handful of places on the main road. I do believe there is a fairly large (in comparison) LDS community there.

I read on the timeline that he had plans to go to a church members home for home teaching. Is it possible he was doing that in Overton and in Anthem? Perhaps called to offer his religious fellowship and was met with foul play at his stop in Anthem?

Others have discussed that he may have been running drugs. This could very well be the reason for being in Overton and Anthem.

Also, it was the height of the recession and there were lots of homes starting to be abandoned. Could there have been any in Sun City during this time that might have served as a meeting place/safe house, etc?

On a side note, sex traffickers have been known here to keep homes in nice areas and to move their victims in and out of the home through the garage via the cloak of night. Many people use their garages as their main entry and exit out of their home (instead of their front doors) and no one thinks much about their neighbors leaving when it’s dark and coming home before sunrise as many folks work graveyard here. Maybe this method was used to move him out of the area without anyone noticing.

Finally, the areas where Steven’s phone pinged off the tower off Arroyo Grande (decent area - looks like a stop at the Green Valley Grocery Convenience store/gas station) Whitney Ranch (apartments and possibly Target shopping center) and Russell/515 (gateway to Boulder Hwy meth heads and heroin junkies) could be someone else using his phone...maybe given to them for helping to roll a victim. And that person could have either been heading out of town by hopping on the freeway or making their way to the weeklies on Boulder Hwy.

From the Disappeared show, does anyone know which IHOP he was reportedly seen at? There is one at Boulder/Flamingo. Lots of tweakers and junkies around there...lots of homeless too (both drug induced and mentally ill). Did that lead ever come back as being legit?

I have been looking at the ping timeline and some things stand out to me:

The Overton ping is interesting. It’s fairly early in the morning for a Saturday and Overton is approximately 80 miles from St. George, if Steven spent the night at his house he would’ve had to wake up very early to drive to Overton. What was going on in Overton early on a Saturday morning that made Steven drive there? I noticed there is an LDS church there, was he attending some kind of service or event? And what was he doing for the next several hours? The next ping shown is back in St. George at 9:02 pm.

I also noticed there is a LDS church very close to the cell ping on 12/13 at 9:53 a.m. Is it just coincidence that it is also very close to another LDS church? Was he traveling for some kind of church related activity that we don’t know about?

On 12/13 between 9:53 am and 4:36 pm there are no pings, what was he doing? It’s hard to imagine he spend this entire time alone, with no interaction with anyone. The pings are only about 7.5 miles apart, was he in that vicinity (Silverado Ranch & Green Valley South that entire time?

I feel like someone out there knows why he was traveling.

I am curious about Overton as well. It’s off the beaten path and is sort of a pain to get to. Once you’re there, there isn’t a whole lot to do there and there only are a handful of places on the main road. I do believe there is a fairly large (in comparison) LDS community there.

I read on the timeline that he had plans to go to a church members home for home teaching. Is it possible he was doing that in Overton and in Anthem? Perhaps called to offer his religious fellowship and was met with foul play at his stop in Anthem?

Others have discussed that he may have been running drugs. This could very well be the reason for being in Overton and Anthem.

Also, it was the height of the recession and there were lots of homes starting to be abandoned. Could there have been any in Sun City during this time that might have served as a meeting place/safe house, etc?

On a side note, sex traffickers have been known here to keep homes in nice areas and to move their victims in and out of the home through the garage via the cloak of night. Many people use their garages as their main entry and exit out of their home (instead of their front doors) and no one thinks much about their neighbors leaving when it’s dark and coming home before sunrise as many folks work graveyard here. Maybe this method was used to move him out of the area without anyone noticing.

Finally, the areas where Steven’s phone pinged off the tower off Arroyo Grande (decent area - looks like a stop at the Green Valley Grocery Convenience store/gas station) Whitney Ranch (apartments and possibly Target shopping center) and Russell/515 (gateway to Boulder Hwy meth heads and heroin junkies) could be someone else using his phone...maybe given to them for helping to roll a victim. And that person could have either been heading out of town by hopping on the freeway or making their way to the weeklies on Boulder Hwy.

From the Disappeared show, does anyone know which IHOP he was reportedly seen at? There is one at Boulder/Flamingo. Lots of tweakers and junkies around there...lots of homeless too (both drug induced and mentally ill). Did that lead ever come back as being legit?

I don’t know anything about that area but just googled Overton and the population is only 1,671. Wow, I had no idea it was that tiny. Okay, not much could bring Steven here, what exactly was he doing on early on a Saturday morning in this little town? I know drug running is a popular idea but that early on a Saturday? Not that I know a ton about selling drugs but it seems like an odd time if that’s what he was doing.

I don’t know anything about that area but just googled Overton and the population is only 1,671. Wow, I had no idea it was that tiny. Okay, not much could bring Steven here, what exactly was he doing on early on a Saturday morning in this little town? I know drug running is a popular idea but that early on a Saturday? Not that I know a ton about selling drugs but it seems like an odd time if that’s what he was doing.

Welcome aboard!

Remember that we're talking about selling prescription drugs. Not sure how many threads you've read, but IIRC Steve's landlord apparently had a network of places to pick up leftover or unused pills, and sell those on to other people?

So, one might expect the 'courier' from the prescription service at an arranged time?

(Landlord has had some legal trouble, cited previously.)

JMHO YMMV

Koecher did not walk away from his life and become a homosexual lol. Perhaps he reverted to Islam, is married with 2 daughters, and lives in San Francisco.

Has anyone ever looked closely at Steven’s Facebook page? There are some pics from May 2009 that he uploaded from his cell phone, a couple of them are of a building imploding, it looks like they were taken from an adjacent building. I’d like to know where those pics are from. Vegas is known for imploding buildings, I’d be curious to know if that’s where he took the pics. If so, that means he was travelling there long before he disappeared, he may have known Vegas better than anyone would’ve guessed. A relative comments on one of the photos asking where it was taken but Steven did not respond.

My understanding is that Steven was attempting to ignite a relationship with a woman he felt good about and set up a family. He had already been considering Islam for some time and asking the questions internally but he felt like if this woman went along with him he could build himself a family and "keep up appearances" within his community and his church. Despite the woman rejected him outright and informed him she only "liked him as a friend". The woman also informed him she had met someone else almost right away. It crushed him. She made it quite plain she was not interested in him "in that way" yet he had staked everything on this. In Islam we understand that Allah (swt) guides whom he wills. This rejection from the woman to Steven was his "qadar" as we say. For had the answer been anything different he likely would have not embraced Islam at least in that point of time. Yes he did take on a different name. Maybe he will share his story on a youtube dawah platform one day.

Koecher never was involved in drugs, homosexuality, gambling, or usury. He is a peaceful and very private man and works in an Islamic bookstore.

It's a sad indictment that even now Steven would be shunned by his former "community" simply for finding a truth shared by over 1.8 BILLION people worldwide (remember we are not talking about an obscure cult from some backwater village of Mongolia here) this is a universal guidance for all times and places. But in some parts of America explaining to one why you are revert to Islam is akin to telling them you just landed from another planet.
I know that we all want to please our family by doing what they expect when we are younger. It is only natural because our parents raise us to be what they feel is in our best interest. To be true to ourselves is what is important and I understand pressure of pleasing one's family and church. I'm sure his family would like to at least know that he is ok and happy with his life.
I have always felt Steven is alive. Maybe its the placement of the car or the fact that the christmas presents where left in the car for his nieces and nephews, or maybe because of the phone being discarded where it pinged near the interstate.
What Steven needs to know is that it is not illegal for an adult to walk away. There are no repercussions for coming forward and telling his family the truth so they know and can know his wife and children. Make sense? I hope he does resurface so many on here also will know the truth that he is ok.

That’s weird, the Google ping map states that particular call pinged near Nellis Airforce Base in North Las Vegas. I wonder who put out that info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back