NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
..."they cared about him so much, but after a few weeks of nonstop posting (Websleuths and Slickdeals), nothing."

One of his points is showing how the LL's wife often seems to be "projecting" her own/their life onto Steven's situation. Very convincing, I think.

I believe everyone, including family and LE, know who is involved in this murder. They just need enough evidence to prove it. And, on that note, remember all the "evidence" in the BB garage? Unfortunately, all thrown out on a technicality. They better have solid evidence in this case, or it will go the way of the garage loaded with stolen vehicle, drugs, and guns.

Re: parking.

The streets in the area do not look very wide. Maybe the area forbids parking on the street, and whoever Mr. Koecher was planning to meet explained this?

I don't remember reading that about Anthem, can anyone else recall?

jmho ymmv lrr

I believe the neighbor across the street reported that a moving truck was seen in the front of the house that day. I don’t think we have an exact time for when this moving truck was there but it’s possible that Steven wanted to stay out of the way if he saw the truck. In my opinion it is more likely though that he was either told not to park in front of the house (for obvious reasons) or he has been to this location before and chose to park at the end of the road because he knew where the house was (I.e close by and on the opposite side of the road as he is crossing on foot to the other side early according to the video footage.)

I don't think the police reports stated specifically the moving company vehicle that was at the dimaggios that day. I believe the neighbour said it was a "large moving van".
One can guess it was a U-Haul, and it's probably correct given the area Steven's phone pinged last. <modsnip>
I've read through a lot of the earlier posts here when the topic first started and it doesn't really seem like anyone from his ward really wanted to get involved, although there was a search that Greg Webb was involved in (April 2010 possibly) in the desert that turned up nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a bizarre and sad case.
I know that there was a family member and/or family spokesperson for Steven's case who has not been on here in a while.
I'd like to interview someone connected to the case (family, friend, spokesman, investigator, etc) for my podcast Missing Persons.
We reach an audience all over the USA and around the world, may be a way to get fresh eyes on this case.
If anyone is connected to the case or can get me in touch with someone who is, please message me

I know that there was a family member and/or family spokesperson for Steven's case who has not been on here in a while.
I'd like to interview someone connected to the case (family, friend, spokesman, investigator, etc) for my podcast Missing Persons.
We reach an audience all over the USA and around the world, may be a way to get fresh eyes on this case.
If anyone is connected to the case or can get me in touch with someone who is, please message me

His family does not give interviews about his case, they have made some brief statements publicly here and there for articles but that is it, I get the feeling they didn’t appreciate some of the speculation about Steven’s sexuality.

IIRC @laytonian was right in the thick of things? @Fairy1 also.

jmho ymmv lrr

It’s very unfortunate that the Lat/Longs for the last outgoing call reportedly weren’t recorded in the system by AT&T. I wonder whether there is still a way for a pro to look at the available data and figure it out. As far as I know we still don’t know who was called in that last phone call.

That being said..the other Lat/Longs are known according to the police reports but I wasn’t able to find them. Anybody happen to have the data at hand by chance?

Maybe this was mentioned before and I missed it, but my understanding is that there were no pings from Stevens phone on December 13 from 11:15 am until around 4:30pm(?) when it travelled up northeast to the shady apartments area, then ended up at uhaul area of U5-95 and Russel Road area. I assume then that his phone was off between these times. My guess is he was either getting annoyed with the church members calling him and he turned it off, or he didn't want to be tracked to the house he was going to (maybe knowing he was doing something a bit shady), or something horrifying happened at that house on Evening Lights and his life ended shortly after he got there. Maybe the killer turned off his phone then, but maybe later turned it on to see if anyone was contacting him. Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Theres a really good video here of his travels and phone pings

Last edited:
<modsnip - not an approved source>
It’s funny when I think about seeing Steven’s case on Disappeared years ago that NONE of the info about Brett Bishop and Marc Dimaggio was shared. Maybe at the direction of LE at the time?
There is so much more to Steven’s disappearance than I thought. I know I read about the shady landlord here at WS so that has been floating around for a while. It was the ll who was running pills for a pharmacy right? So far the PI podcast hasn’t delved into that yet unless its after episode 4.
I guess we are waiting to find out if and how BB and MD are connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically MD, unless he was just there visiting once in a while, wasn't supposed to reside there as it was a 55+ community.
You may find that everyone is not required to be 55+. from my Google search it looks like as long as one resident (which could be either, or both, the father/mother) was 55+, then any younger spouse or child over 18 can live there as well.

The 12th anniversary of Steven going missing has come and gone with nothing new. I just happened to drive by the area where his cell phone last pinged today. There's a self-storage there. Made me wonder if he's in one of those units.

The 12th anniversary of Steven going missing has come and gone with nothing new. I just happened to drive by the area where his cell phone last pinged today. There's a self-storage there. Made me wonder if he's in one of those units.

Woah, wouldn’t that be something. Wonder how long those storage units have been there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back