NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I also feel there is a a piece or several pieces of info we don't have that could make all the difference.

I for one am still intrigued by the coats, receipts in the car, and final tower location, Webbs travelings that day. Also, the tidbit Naegle cant yet share.

Those things could either bring this into a more focused frame or send us all in wildly different directions.

I think Steven met someone who lives very close to the area where his car is parked.I feel strongly that he had been over there before,possibly quite a few times. I do not see this being a situation involving foul play. There is one benign situation for him walking out of his old life : falling in love. There is a saying that love is like a virus, and the older one is when it first strikes, the harder it hits. And now his life is really complicated by all of the attention focused on him.I think he'll contact his family in the future. JMO

The SUV theory has been examined. The driver works for the home based mortgage company he pulled up in front of. I dont suspect any connection there.

Citizen: "His cousin said that he didn't have any long term relationships? Could this be because of whatever he was doing did not allow for one? I would be crazy to be 30, especially in Utah, with a spouse or significant other...doesn't even sound like he was dating currently."

I could see this if it weren't for the fact that he was 30. He had nine years to date girls long term. So that means that whatever is consuming his time consumed it from immediately after or soon after he got home from his mission. Thats fine but 9 years is a really long time to be doing whatever it was he would be doing and not draw any suspicion from family or friends.

Also, if whatever it was kept him from girls it probably would keep him from completing a degree, or a job, or family vacations, etc...

Steven did have jobs. He does have a college degree.
There have been posts on FB from girls he dated previously.

I think Steven met someone who lives very close to the area where his car is parked.I feel strongly that he had been over there before,possibly quite a few times. I do not see this being a situation involving foul play. There is one benign situation for him walking out of his old life : falling in love. There is a saying that love is like a virus, and the older one is when it first strikes, the harder it hits. And now his life is really complicated by all of the attention focused on him.I think he'll contact his family in the future. JMO

You could be very very right.

Steven did have jobs. He does have a college degree.
There have been posts on FB from girls he dated previously.

Which was exactly my point. I dont think whatever occured has been going on long term (as in 9 years). Its more recent than that.

So I wonder if the man who has the surveillance of Steven might have turned over tapes from other days that might also have captured him???

Im open to any idea but motive is just a part of the picture here.

If I were to go to the grocery store people could say it was because I was hungry. Or that I was buying food for my wife. Or that I was getting food for a homeless guy. Or I was looking for a job. Or... etc etc etc.

Add in the facts that I took a back route that lasted 40 minutes longer than it should have and that my receipt says I bought $400 dollars worth of stuff and half of it was booze. That changes a lot of things.

My point is we have a lot of pieces to make mesh here. If love really is a motive we should be able to make it fit.

I think if Steven knew he was leaving his life and he wasn't ever coming back he would have taken a last opportunity to see his family. 3 days earlier he had his chance but didn't. They were on apparently good terms. He had presents in his car for his family. He made appointments for the next day. If it is true that Steven wanted to disappear he has done a textbook job of covering his tracks and making them lead in different directions. Its almost like he did TOO good of a job to disappear to believe it.

It can make a person do things that baffle the people around them ; in fact it's a given that people outside the couple involved can never "get it ". I am the most responsible of people, but ... when I think about the first time I fell head over heels in love , well, let's just say I was not myself. And if that falling in love was complicated by worries about acceptance from others, it might make it even more complicated. Time will tell,I think.

The SUV theory has been examined. The driver works for the home based mortgage company he pulled up in front of. I dont suspect any connection there.

Citizen: "His cousin said that he didn't have any long term relationships? Could this be because of whatever he was doing did not allow for one? I would be crazy to be 30, especially in Utah, with a spouse or significant other...doesn't even sound like he was dating currently."

I could see this if it weren't for the fact that he was 30. He had nine years to date girls long term. So that means that whatever is consuming his time consumed it from immediately after or soon after he got home from his mission. Thats fine but 9 years is a really long time to be doing whatever it was he would be doing and not draw any suspicion from family or friends.

Also, if whatever it was kept him from girls it probably would keep him from completing a degree, or a job, or family vacations, etc...

I see the SUV differently: we have someone we believe had a noon appointment somewhere, and the SUV pulls up within 2-3 minutes. It's Sunday at noon.
What better place to meet, than where one of the people (a) does not live and (b) is familiar with the address? UNLESS LE knows where the SUV driver was for the next hour or two, nothing should be ruled out.

I AGREE with you, when you say that whatever meant Steven's job history was spotty, affected all other areas of his life.

That indicates someone totally unacceptable to his family, and church friends.

It'd be interesting to know if Steven has long-term friends outside of his church relationships (where, when you move, you make all new friends because you're then assigned to a new ward).

I dunno. I do believe he was walking away from his life, but I'm not sure he was walking into a new one. That new life would have to involve someone willing to pay ALL of his expenses, because he has no money that we know of. He's a nice-looking boy, but he doesn't seem the gigolo type.

The only thing we haven't covered is whether he had any documents about changing your identity....

Love and passion are the most powerful of emotions. And if someone falls in love with a person who is "unsuitable " -- for any reason--, it then becomes an " us against the world " situation. The couple is pulled closer together. It becomes more romantic i.e. an " I will give up everything to be with you " type of scenario.And age doesn't seem to dilute the impact falling in love makes on us. Steven was a 30 year old man ; this is the most likely thing that transpired in his life. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of foul play.

Ok here's my update on GW. It's not everything, but it's more than I knew before. I'm still working on hammering it out though.

GW called Steven at 8:57 utah time. It was on the records. GW asked Steven if he could attend a meeting (I thought the meeting was in the evening, but that's not verified yet) in his place. Steven said he was in vegas, but would attend if he was needed. GW replied that he was on the road back to St George so he would go to the meeting himself.

Seth Aboud called Steven at 10:47 and asked if he would announce in church that people were getting together for basketball on wed the 16th. Steven said he couldn't because he was in vegas. Seth asked if Steven would be at basketball he said no.

Paul Doxey called Steven around 10:10 and asked if he could couver GW's meeting. Steven said he was in vegas. Paul said nevermind. Paul wrote this on FB, but it is not confirmed!

Thank you, Naegle.

I've updated my informal timeline with that new information; I'm assuming the times you give, are the times Steven received the calls (if my brain isn't time-zone scrambled by now!)

Is it typical for a flurry of calls to go out like that, before an LDS church meeting? I don't know what a PEC is, or when the church meeting would be....but these calls almost seem like "Hey, we'd better round up Steven and get him to participate -- even if we only have him stand up and announce basketball."
Is this meeting a planning meeting, rather than a worship? (Seeing that a discussion of basketball is planned.)

Would it be out of character for Steven to NOT attend basketball? Was it a Jazz game, or local college game? (Thinking that he may not have attended, due to ticket prices.)

If anyone's interested:
http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/home/koecher-html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members