NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth mailing them a poster and asking if anybody remembers seeing him around Christmastime. Depending on where the ward is, it's probably not that common to have strangers drop in for services.

This is something we discussed (and suggested) earlier: having the LDS Church do a "broadcast email" to all of their churches, with the alert about Steven being missing and including the poster as an attachment.

That way, they could forward it to their members OR at least post it on the bulletin board.

The website we non-members have access to, doesn't have email addresses.

BUT....we have some very good LDS members here who could start that ball rolling, because they'd know exactly how to start something like that.

I was thinking about printing it out and snail-mailing it to those addresses.

I think your idea is great! It would probably get just as much notice by the members as an email. They might even put it on the doors that go into the building. Elizabeth Smart posters were everywhere in our buildings and I'm several states away.

The ward email lists are very restricted (or at least they are supposed to be) as to content--church related activites only.

there are probably Mormon churches within a quarter mile of every cell tower in the inter-mountain west. Purely coincidental in my book.

there are probably Mormon churches within a quarter mile of every cell tower in the inter-mountain west. Purely coincidental in my book.

Yes, I imagine it's purely coincidental, but if we know he was in the region, having more eyes looking out for him can't be a bad thing.

I think you have a great idea!

I was just thinking of covering ALL the churches in that area. (Plus, I only have a black-and-white laser printer ... so I can't volunteer.)

I only have a black and white printer also, but we've been thinking of upgrading. I'll see what spouse has to say...

I only have a black and white printer also, but we've been thinking of upgrading. I'll see what spouse has to say...

I'm sure someone here has a color printer, and can print out three or four posters, and mail them. We did have one, but the business printer was our upgrade ;)

(Frankly, I think doing those kinds of contacts would have been a worthwhile project for Steven's St George church friends.)

I'm sure someone here has a color printer, and can print out three or four posters, and mail them. We did have one, but the business printer was our upgrade ;)

(Frankly, I think doing those kinds of contacts would have been a worthwhile project for Steven's St George church friends.)

They seem as helpless as newborn kittens, as my grandmother used to say...

It's true! A friend of mine suggested I have social anxiety. I think I'm just an introvert. <shrug> :)

In any case, I hope I did not offend with my comments about Steven possibly having Aspergers. It just seems to me that many of his actions can be explained by Asp/ADHD or a mental illness (I suggested bipolar possibly, with all the driving) and not because he had a secret life.

I do not think you have offended anyone. Especially Bill Gates! Asperger people are so bright. I think it helps us understand people more, and why they do the things they do. Hearing about SK, makes me think there may be asperger's. learning about the things he did, and things people say about him

My daughter has been in a study over 25 years. Started with UCLA/University of Utah. The research is amazing.

I am not trying to label anyone, but it helps me understand why SK did things he did. This is just my opinion.

I think my persona fits with OCD -- and the only reason I chuckled about the Aspergers's is because I recognize myself.........so please don't anyone take offense : )

Well, in my family, there is autism, MS, ADD, bi-polar, depression,OCD, and I do not think we are much different then other families. My daughter who is autistic, her Dr. said, "its amazing when you meet the families of these people, how many traits they share with other family members".

Well, in my family, there is autism, MS, ADD, bi-polar, depression,OCD, and I do not think we are much different then other families. My daughter who is autistic, her Dr. said, "its amazing when you meet the families of these people, how many traits they share with other family members".

I kinda think we all have "something", to one degree or another. The human brain, its circuits and chemicals, are so complicated.

Plus, the alternative is that we'd all be alike. Right?

It'd be nice if we could find a solution to the things that handicap so many, without losing individual identity.

Nonmembers cannot access information on lds.org. You can only access that site with your temple # (no respect, whatever the formal name is) and a password.

Phone:
The last incoming call that SK answered, was from the men at church (the "missing" call that PD said he had SA make at about 11:10am). That's apparently the last time anyone talked to him.

The last outbound call has *always* been the call to VM on the morning of Dec 14th. It's on the timeline.

Between those two things, there was obvious phone activity (ie, the "pings").
It's on the map that jaxon put together.
But Steven wasn't making calls, except occasionally to VM. Maybe a text or two, per jaxon's map.

The more I think about the phone and church theory, I think I just fell into the "coincidence" trap that's so easy to do, when you're purposely googling something and it comes up.

laytonian, if I could get a clarification, did the except occasionally to VM include 4:36pm or anytime between noon and 7am? I thought VM at 4:36pm was LL leaving a VM when call was unanswered. There is some thought that it meant that someone also called and checked VM right after that.

Can you straighten us out on that? thanks.

rd

It's obvious the poor guy couldn't navigate his jobs, rent, girl friends properly. Driving over a thousand miles from the time he left church on the 9th till a neighbor saw him on the 12th at 10:30 speaks volumes about his mental state.

He didn't seem to even have a healthy diet. Junk food exacerbating any mental problem he may have had.

I so wish we could figure out what he was doing in Anthem. Grrrr...

I was feeling abnormally geeky today and had some time so I went in search of cell phone towers in the Henderson area. I also signed up at the atttower.com site. I found quite a few more towers than what is listed there. Here are there approximate locations (I will leave it up to someone else who is tech savvy to put these locations on a Google map if they wish)

Tower 1: 100 yards south of American Pacific/Arroyo Grande Intersection

Tower 2: 50 yards north of Stephanie St./Patrick Lane intersection. Tower is on top of building. This one is abnormally large and has many "antennas" on it.

Tower 3: 200 yards south of Warm Springs/Stephanie St. intersection. Pretty tall.

Tower 4: 50 yards south of 95 on Warm Spring. Small one but tall.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Tower #2 was the one that picked up the last signal from Steven's phone. I also seem to remember that on that cell phone list there was an "American Pacific" one. I believe that is tower #1.

I also believe that I missed a few. It's hard looking for them and driving in traffic at same time. But, I think I found at least two of the ones mentioned on those cell phone records.

Now that I look at it I may be wrong about the last ping coming from my Tower #2. The ATT Tower map has one at Russell/95. I went through there today but did not see one. Like I said, I was driving at the same time.

On the other hand, Tower #2 could be the "Whitney Ranch" one because Whitney Ranch Rd. is only a block away. It's possible but not sure.

laytonian, if I could get a clarification, did the except occasionally to VM include 4:36pm or anytime between noon and 7am? I thought VM at 4:36pm was LL leaving a VM when call was unanswered. There is some thought that it meant that someone also called and checked VM right after that.

Can you straighten us out on that? thanks.

rd

The 4:36pm call to VM occurred an hour before an incoming phone call, like the phone had been completely off between the calls from St George.

I was feeling abnormally geeky today and had some time so I went in search of cell phone towers in the Henderson area. I also signed up at the atttower.com site. I found quite a few more towers than what is listed there. Here are there approximate locations (I will leave it up to someone else who is tech savvy to put these locations on a Google map if they wish)

Tower 1: 100 yards south of American Pacific/Arroyo Grande Intersection

Tower 2: 50 yards north of Stephanie St./Patrick Lane intersection. Tower is on top of building. This one is abnormally large and has many "antennas" on it.

Tower 3: 200 yards south of Warm Springs/Stephanie St. intersection. Pretty tall.

Tower 4: 50 yards south of 95 on Warm Spring. Small one but tall.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Tower #2 was the one that picked up the last signal from Steven's phone. I also seem to remember that on that cell phone list there was an "American Pacific" one. I believe that is tower #1.

I also believe that I missed a few. It's hard looking for them and driving in traffic at same time. But, I think I found at least two of the ones mentioned on those cell phone records.

You can find online websites that will (claim to) show ALL cell towers in a city - and when you view Vegas, it's like a Christmas tree lot.

You will see many towers that are not AT&T, but you won't know who they belong to. And if they're "generic", only the equipment would be registered with the FCC. Then there's the ones on the trailers.

With all of the possibilities involved in a cell connection (and him being "roaming"), I really don't think we can "track" his movements that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon