NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed this case, and happened to catch the ID episode on Steven, and now am very interested.

It seems that the two things he was searching for in life were 1) a job; 2) a wife. And IMO, it is one of those (more likely a job) that brought him there.

I personally was glad they addressed the lack of connection to the Susan Powell case, not only so that is "out there" and dealt with in Steven's case, but for Susan as well.

I need to read the previous threads but have read through the timeline.

I wondered why Steven didn't park in front of his destination but instead parked at the end of the cul-de-sac. Is there no on-street parking in the ---neighborhood?

Welcome! I've seen you around WS, but not here.

I don't have a theory on the parking place, but whether someone told him to park there, or if he somehow found it himself:

---It's one of only two dead-ends in all of Sun City Anthem, that doesn't have homes around it.
---Parking there means the car isn't tied to someone's home.
---On-street parking for longer than "quick visits" isn't permitted.
---Parking there means it unlikely someone will complain. It took what, four days?
---It looks like a good spot away from security cameras ;)

If you allow a slight chance that *someone else* parked the car that day, then it removes the "how the (blank) did he find THAT spot" problem. In that case, the car-parker would know about the parking spot (maybe he worked construction when those homes were built????) but maybe not be aware of the security cameras on the nearest home.

After watching the show, I am even more convinced Steven didn't just decide to walk away from his life. As the show mentioned, you wouldn't tell someone where you are (when he said he was in Las Vegas) when you are planning on disappearing.

so the PI was lying when he publicly stated a year + ago that the tip came from a trusted source? As you can see, I did not believe him then.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the word anonymous. I deal with anonymous sources all the time -- it doesn't mean I don't know who the are, it just means I don't reveal their identity to anyone.

Wow! That's a great timeline and lots of detailed info laytonian!

Watching the show and reading - things that puzzle me:
Why was Steven in Las Vegas and the Dec 14th morning call to his voicemail. Wouldn't that be something only he could do since it would require a PIN code?

I haven't followed this case, and happened to catch the ID episode on Steven, and now am very interested.

It seems that the two things he was searching for in life were 1) a job; 2) a wife. And IMO, it is one of those (more likely a job) that brought him there.

I personally was glad they addressed the lack of connection to the Susan Powell case, not only so that is "out there" and dealt with in Steven's case, but for Susan as well.

I need to read the previous threads but have read through the timeline.

I wondered why Steven didn't park in front of his destination but instead parked at the end of the cul-de-sac. Is there no on-street parking in the neighborhood?

I find it interesting the place he parked was nearest to the residence of a former US Marshall with survellience cameras. No connection to the neighborhood has been found....that we know of. No friends or family know of any connection, nor no phone or computer connection.

This is why I think SK disappeared on his own...with help. If he had been going there for a reason of a job, relationship, etc. there would have been traceable info found. Even for something nefarious, imo, because he would have been thinking he was coming back. Not suicide, because he could have done that in SG. Why take the trouble to drive to that particular neighbor and WALK some place to commit suicide.

I didn't watch the program because I knew it would just be a brief overview of his case, but find from posts here stating that they didn't play the real video survellience and no mention of the calls that day, which were only hours before his disappearing puzzling, along with the changing information of his trip to N. Utah. What info coming forward would have changed the information his mother had given regarding his location(s) and time period during her press conference in Feb? She and LE surely had the phone and bank records at that time. Something to think about, since we haven't been told what that was.

He's somewhere out there and he had help. JMO

I find it interesting the place he parked was nearest to the residence of a former US Marshall with survellience cameras. No connection to the neighborhood has been found....that we know of. No friends or family know of any connection, nor no phone or computer connection.

This is why I think SK disappeared on his own...with help. If he had been going there for a reason of a job, relationship, etc. there would have been traceable info found. Even for something nefarious, imo, because he would have been thinking he was coming back. Not suicide, because he could have done that in SG. Why take the trouble to drive to that particular neighbor and WALK some place to commit suicide.

I didn't watch the program because I knew it would just be a brief overview of his case, but find from posts here stating that they didn't play the real video survellience and no mention of the calls that day, which were only hours before his disappearing puzzling, along with the changing information of his trip to N. Utah. What info coming forward would have changed the information his mother had given regarding his location(s) and time period during her press conference in Feb? She and LE surely had the phone and bank records at that time. Something to think about, since we haven't been told what that was.

He's somewhere out there and he had help. JMO

bbm

That particular neighborhood, I don't know -- but people who want to kill themselves frequently travel out of their area because they don't want family or friends to be the ones who find the body.

bbm

That particular neighborhood, I don't know -- but people who want to kill themselves frequently travel out of their area because they don't want family or friends to be the ones who find the body.

That's true, but there is plenty of wilderness around SG, yet he chose to drive to elite suburbia?

That's true, but there is plenty of wilderness around SG, yet he chose to drive to elite suburbia?

I don't know. I don't know what he was thinking or whether that's what happened. I don't think it makes sense to anybody but the person doing it.

I do know there are quite a few of the unidentified people we've been looking at, both men than women, who traveled apparently randomly for some distance until they finally reached the end, whatever that meant for them. There's a woman who apparently took a bus into a rural/suburban cemetery, then set herself up with a Christmas tree and other tokens next to the children's graves. There's a guy who walked into a Target store, went into the men's room, and shot himself. There's a man who walked in front of a train after hitch-hiking halfway across Canada. There's a woman who asked the cabbie, "How far will $17 take me?" And when he let her out, she climbed over a protective fence and threw herself off a cliff into the ocean. There are quite a few who checked into anonymous motel rooms before they checked out.

I'm not saying that is what Steven did. Only that it could be.

I think my fiancee thought I was going to blow a gasket when they brought up Susan Powell. That was time that I felt could have been spent on other "facts". Like his calls with G. I think that his erratic driving should have been mentioned more and plotted out on a map for people to see.
KC did a great great job. Overall, I believe it was well done and my thoughts are with his family and friends. His father's passing is a tragedy.

Why was Steven in Las Vegas and the Dec 14th morning call to his voicemail. Wouldn't that be something only he could do since it would require a PIN code?

My VM is set up that if I call from my own phone - I do not need to entire a pin #. Just saves time. It's possible that his was set up that way. However since there wasn't a record of unusual calls to/from his phone - what would have been worth someone calling the voice mail for?

What puzzles you, is what puzzles everyone. If anyone had those answers, Steven might not be missing.

Only if your phone is set up that way. I really don't know anyone who has to enter a PIN to call their messages. (Do you enter a PIN to listen to regular calls??) I just press "messages" and it dials automatically.

Thanks for the compliment. Those few pages result from months of piecing puzzles together, fending off insults, accusations from the Powell family and their surrogates, and working with others with good logic (I always credit Lato for putting together the important nugget: that he had to have travelled via I-15 and thus is was impossible for him to drive to Ruby Valley on Dec 9th).

My VM is set up that if I call from my own phone - I do not need to entire a pin #. Just saves time. It's possible that his was set up that way. However since there wasn't a record of unusual calls to/from his phone - what would have been worth someone calling the voice mail for?

In checking the phone records, it seems that he often turned his phone off (to preserve battery life? to hide his travels?)

Like on Dec 12th. His phone communicates with an Overton NV tower ....but not again until he's in Mesquite (back north almost to St George) about 8 hours later.

So we know he had his phone with him.....but we don't know where he was in the meantime.

After watching the show, I am even more convinced Steven didn't just decide to walk away from his life. As the show mentioned, you wouldn't tell someone where you are (when he said he was in Las Vegas) when you are planning on disappearing.

....or maybe you would, if you were planning to leave your car there and go somewhere else.

This is THE most frustrating case. But it's good to see activity here again!
Some of us were talking to the walls for awhile ;)

I didn't watch the program because I knew it would just be a brief overview of his case, but find from posts here stating that they didn't play the real video survellience

You don't understand why they recreated the first video?
Because showing the actual neighborhood would invade the privacy of the residents. The second video was shown.

and no mention of the calls that day,

They were mentioned. You should have watched the show.

along with the changing information of his trip to N. Utah.

What changing information?
Are you talking about the drive to Ruby Valley?
It's been confirmed for months, which day he took that drive.

What info coming forward would have changed the information his mother had given regarding his location(s)

The info that "came forward" was that he had attended his Temple on Dec 9th, which Steven's mother did not know about at the time of the press conference. Remember, that information was posted on the Facebook page, but not under the "last time I saw Steven". It was mentioned as an aside, under "How did you know Steven?"

Mrs Koecher was understandably upset and doing her best at that press conference.

I feel sorry for her, having had her husband hounded to death by outside parties with sinister intent.

In checking the phone records, it seems that he often turned his phone off (to preserve battery life? to hide his travels?)

Like on Dec 12th. His phone communicates with an Overton NV tower ....but not again until he's in Mesquite (back north almost to St George) about 8 hours later.

So we know he had his phone with him.....but we don't know where he was in the meantime.

Good point. Since he was driving so much - he may not have had a car charger and wanted to save battery power. He did have his phone on when he talked to G though.

Do we know when his cell last pinged? I know the last call time and date. Did it ping anywhere after that? There is so much information here and I may have missed this.

What puzzles you, is what puzzles everyone. If anyone had those answers, Steven might not be missing.

Only if your phone is set up that way. I really don't know anyone who has to enter a PIN to call their messages. (Do you enter a PIN to listen to regular calls??) I just press "messages" and it dials automatically.

Thanks for the compliment. Those few pages result from months of piecing puzzles together, fending off insults, accusations from the Powell family and their surrogates, and working with others with good logic (I always credit Lato for putting together the important nugget: that he had to have travelled via I-15 and thus is was impossible for him to drive to Ruby Valley on Dec 9th).

BBM
I have to enter a PIN to hear my messages.

I think my fiancee thought I was going to blow a gasket when they brought up Susan Powell. That was time that I felt could have been spent on other "facts". Like his calls with G. I think that his erratic driving should have been mentioned more and plotted out on a map for people to see.

They had to bring it up. As you can see, there are still those interested in pushing that scenario, for obvious reasons.

KC did a great great job. Overall, I believe it was well done and my thoughts are with his family and friends. His father's passing is a tragedy.

KC and I have emailed; I told her everyone had only praise for her.

I was shocked to see Rolf, in that show. He had aged several years, since Steven went missing.

Good point. Since he was driving so much - he may not have had a car charger and wanted to save battery power. He did have his phone on when he talked to G though.

Do we know when his cell last pinged? I know the last call time and date. Did it ping anywhere after that? There is so much information here and I may have missed this.

The last cell tower contact was the voicemail check.

Nothing at all, after that.

They had to bring it up. As you can see, there are still those interested in pushing that scenario, for obvious reasons.

KC and I have emailed; I told her everyone had only praise for her.

I was shocked to see Rolf, in that show. He had aged several years, since Steven went missing.

I am only glad they brought it up because it was essentially discounted. Didn't stop me from ranting while they did!

I am only glad they brought it up because it was essentially discounted. Didn't stop me from ranting while they did!

No ranting here. It was just a duty they had to fulfill, and it gave LE a chance to toss it out the cat door. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice