NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need a sign up list? Of who is doing what / when?

Believe09?

http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/missing_persons_adults.html
Missing Person Unit, LVPD
'snip'

You may want to consider the use of posters to aid in the search. If you have posters made up, contact the detective assigned to your case. The department has a list of shelters and other agencies that will assist in distributing the posters.

What can I do....?
You have several alternatives:
1. Social Security Administration Office
600 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas Nevada 89101
If you have a Social Security Number for the person you are looking for, you may write a letter to the missing person, put it in an envelope with his or her name on it. Write another letter to the Social Security Administration Office explaining that you are looking for this person. Be sure to include the Social Security Number of the missing person in this letter. Place both letters in an envelope to the Social Security Administration Office and ask that the enclosed letter be forwarded to the person's last known address.
2. Another option would be to contact the Salvation Army, which has a Missing Persons Locator Program

Also, could we get together our questions for Naegle so she can have a list to answer when she gets time.

Can you give us a roundabout figure that Steven has in his bank account?

Is there anyway to get a quick history printout from his computer?

Can you scan some documents and let us help?

Has anyone sat down and talked with Mr. Security?

What was JZ's statement to police? Has the family spoken to him?
Same with GW..

(not that they are suspects but may hold a clue)
He was with AM's parents for several hours, did he say anything besides where he was headed?

Have Steven's passport, birth cert, been found or is it possible he took them with him?

LVMPD homeless liason Annie Wilson
http://wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1854687
'snip'
Annie Wilson, homeless liaison for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, said officers usually only go into the tunnels when they are called or if they are doing homeless outreach.

If you read this article, I do not think Steven is living in the tunnels. IMO

Naegle

In response to your question, "how can the family get more organized" you may want to have someone from the family contact Project Jason or visit their website http://www.projectjason.org/

They are an organization that specializes in helping families with missing persons. They should be able to speak with someone from your family to discuss what has already been done and what next steps should be.

Hope that helps.

Wow renn - you're fast I was typing out an answer to that- I wasn't sure how to get that info though. Oh wouldn't it be interesting to get a ward list & compare it to the streets we are looking at?

I think, sadly, that we are wrong to assume LE has thoroughly checked out the residents on Evening Lights who live in the area where Steven disappeared, checked out his car, investigated his friends/roommate, etc.

I'm not convinced the focus on Evening Lights Ave itself is productive.

In the timeline (link in my signature here), I have a satellite view of the location. You can zoom in and out. If you look carefully at the neighborhood, you'll see that it's actually a gigantic loop with one egress point: Laurel Heights Lane, which is very near where Steven's car was found.
The person who parked the car, could have walked to any of the 150+ homes in that neighborhood.
Evening Lights Ave is just a short street that is renamed, as it circles around the outside of the neighborhood.

I agree that the neighborhood wasn't fully searched; I'm reading the attention was given to homes that had cars with Utah licenses.
I don't understand why a home with a car from Utah, deserves more investigation than other homes. BUT....unless there is a reason to suspecgt a particular home and get a warrant, there may have been as much investigation as possible.

Has the family knocked on doors in the neighborhood themselves? Maybe you can each take a laptop with the videos loaded on them.

This way you are actually in contact with each person face to face, they may say something interesting about their neighbor.

I'm not convinced the focus on Evening Lights Ave itself is productive.

In the timeline (link in my signature here), I have a satellite view of the location. You can zoom in and out. If you look carefully at the neighborhood, you'll see that it's actually a gigantic loop with one egress point: Laurel Heights Lane, which is very near where Steven's car was found.
The person who parked the car, could have walked to any of the 150+ homes in that neighborhood.
Evening Lights Ave is just a short street that is renamed, as it circles around the outside of the neighborhood.

I agree that the neighborhood wasn't fully searched; I'm reading the attention was given to homes that had cars with Utah licenses.
I don't understand why a home with a car from Utah, deserves more investigation than other homes. BUT....unless there is a reason to suspecgt a particular home and get a warrant, there may have been as much investigation as possible.

I agree that focusing on the specific area where the car was found will most likely not be especially enlightening. But I need to see with my own eyes where that car was found and see if I can make some kind of sense as to why it was there. Interpreting map views is not my thing. I need to see it.

And I don't know that knocking on people's doors and asking if they've seen your son/cousin/brother/friend is going to produce any answers if someone has something to hide.

Im not thinking that someone suspect will show signs, but actually being face to face with a family member may make someone more apt to say "No, I havent seen him, but this guy in this house ......"

Or "ya know, Mr. X used to have a car there all of the time and its not there anymore"

Let's give them a chance to absorb all of this-

Before we all scatter and start ramping up again, we should give them a chance to decide what will work best for them given what they know and what they dont about Steven's case. JMO. Perhaps someone can be a point of contact for Naegle and family..Let's say for example, Fairy sends them an email with the questions that have arisen over the day to day...not that I am volunteering her, just for example.

Laytonian, lost at sea, webrocket,4bb and everyone else knows far more than I do regarding pings, security cameras, hybrid cars and hard drives...

I can post on City Data and Craigslist using the poster of Steven. I can get something going with some LE contacts I have in Las Vegas and the community outreach folks there. I would LOVE it if someone checks with the bishop regarding the ward assignments, but perhaps that has already been done.

But, I want to wait until Steven's family gives their input....does this work for everyone else?

Before we all scatter and start ramping up again, we should give them a chance to decide what will work best for them given what they know and what they dont about Steven's case. JMO. Perhaps someone can be a point of contact for Naegle and family..Let's say for example, Fairy sends them an email with the questions that have arisen over the day to day...not that I am volunteering her, just for example.

Laytonian, lost at sea, webrocket,4bb and everyone else knows far more than I do regarding pings, security cameras, hybrid cars and hard drives...

I can post on City Data and Craigslist using the poster of Steven. I can get something going with some LE contacts I have in Las Vegas and the community outreach folks there. I would LOVE it if someone checks with the bishop regarding the ward assignments, but perhaps that has already been done.

But, I want to wait until Steven's family gives their input....does this work for everyone else?

Yes. Thank you, voice of reason.

Everything Tricia has written about you is true. ;) Great plan.

I'm willing to help in any way; I have years of experience in journalism and PR, and also do graphics.

I agree that focusing on the specific area where the car was found will most likely not be especially enlightening. But I need to see with my own eyes where that car was found and see if I can make some kind of sense as to why it was there. Interpreting map views is not my thing. I need to see it.

And I don't know that knocking on people's doors and asking if they've seen your son/cousin/brother/friend is going to produce any answers if someone has something to hide.

Yup. The answer's always going to be the same: "I'm sorry, no."

I was just reading about the Morse case, and find it interesting that Morse took a cab to a shopping center.

I wonder: could Steven have called a cab to pick him up?

I can be the family contact, since I'm geographically close to them...and have access to local news, etc.

Yup. The answer's always going to be the same: "I'm sorry, no."

I was just reading about the Morse case, and find it interesting that Morse took a cab to a shopping center.

I wonder: could Steven have called a cab to pick him up?

Could be. I'm thinking he would have called from his cell? There should be a record of that and if he did, where he went.

I'm with you Believe09- good plan. I'm here if I can do anything. I have LDS contacts up there. My cousin is in LE in LV - not sure how active he is right now - he has cancer. But I'm here to help - even if I have to fly up to LV - i'm there

Could be. I'm thinking he would have called from his cell? There should be a record of that and if he did, where he went.

Unless he had another phone. Naegle (again) said tonight that his phone records ended on 13 Dec. I'm now wondering about the 14 Dec call to his voicemail, and what number that came from now.

CC~ I'm anxious to hear your information. Ive been wondering all day who on Evening Lights has a connection to Sacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20