NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with others that wonder about a craigslist angle. I do remember that others tried to find listings from the timeframe Stephen went missing and they had already aged out and no long showed on the site. Not sure if anyone used Wayback machine though.

Does anyone know where he stayed the night of the 12th? Was it like him to not sleep at home frequently or out of the ordinary?

And this is a theory, a crazy one, but something to think about...

Is it possible he showed up at his appt, maybe to clean windows or hang Christmas lights, and he fell off a ladder or was injured and the homeowner, fearing prosecution, covered up the accident by disposing of the body?

That doesn't really explain why he parked where he parked, though.

I think SK was doing something he was personally ashamed of and was trying to hide it. I think he met someone he thought he could trust and is either still on the lam or has met a terrible end.

Hello to all! I've been lurking on Steven's thread for a while and usually don't post, but I saw where there was an unidentified body found in July of 2011 in a wash near Sam Boyd Stadium -- not far from where Steven disappeared. I saw this mentioned on the google map, but have not seen where any media outlet has stated that the body was identified.
You all know this case inside and out -- did I miss this identification?

I have been searching through the unidentified john does on NamUs found in Nevada since 2009 and it's so sad to see that there are too many that have a "low" chance of being resolved.

Well, I decided to reach out to Clark County Coroner's office to see if this July 2011 body was ever id'd and also to see if there are other possible john does in their files that might (God forbid) be Steven.

Here's Rick's reply:
Hi Nola, our John Doe that was found on 7/10/11 was ID'd by prints as a local homeless man, found his daughter and son and notified them. He died from a cocaine and alcohol toxicity. Since the missing person (SK) has a NV connection, I'll check on any other Doe's that may be candidates. I'll let you know. Thank you as always. Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July. Rick

I'm with others that wonder about a craigslist angle. I do remember that others tried to find listings from the timeframe Stephen went missing and they had already aged out and no long showed on the site. Not sure if anyone used Wayback machine though.

I just tried using the Wayback machine. I actually have no idea how to use that website -- I did a simple search and I could find listings for Las Vegas (on Craigslist) for 2009, but I wasn't able to find postings for December 2009.

I will keep trying, though.

I did find these interesting "Safety Tips" from the '09 Craigslist:

When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:

Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe
Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home
Be especially careful when buying/selling high value items
Tell a friend or family member where you're going
Take your cell phone along if you have one
Consider having a friend accompany you
Trust your instincts

Does anyone know if a thorough ground search was done at the area of the last cel ping? It would seem a logical place to search. It's worrying that the last ping appears to be at the entrance of a huge wilderness area.
I'm just fascinated by the fact there is one part of the story the family and LE have chosen not to reveal. I just can't get past it. Is it the reason SK was in Henderson? The name of the person he was in SCA to see? What?

Also, I wonder if SCA had a gate house? I would assume LE spoke with them if there is one, but you never know. I know the Sun City development by me has a gate with a gate house, so it would seem you have to check in with someone before entering.
I read a comment on another website that suggested Steven was considering working at some sort of bar/restaurant opening in the area, and that someone in SCA had ties to the restaurant, so it's possible he would have hopped into someone's car at SCA to go check out the location. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else that I can find unless it was already discussed here (sorry!). I know because of Steven's faith this may have been considered an inappropriate place for him to work, but he was in dire straights and needed $$$, but I don't know if it's legit or not.

Also, I wonder if SCA had a gate house? I would assume LE spoke with them if there is one, but you never know. I know the Sun City development by me has a gate with a gate house, so it would seem you have to check in with someone before entering.
I read a comment on another website that suggested Steven was considering working at some sort of bar/restaurant opening in the area, and that someone in SCA had ties to the restaurant, so it's possible he would have hopped into someone's car at SCA to go check out the location. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else that I can find unless it was already discussed here (sorry!). I know because of Steven's faith this may have been considered an inappropriate place for him to work, but he was in dire straights and needed $$$, but I don't know if it's legit or not.

Interesting, I’ve been following this case almost from the beginning and have never heard or seen that written anywhere.

I googled restaurants around that area and don’t see any that involve gambling or strippers (norms in Vegas). I don’t understand why Steven’s family/religion would be opposed to him working at one of the local restaurants (that all seem to be fast food or family restaurants) unless it was a bar and they were opposed to him working in a place that served alcohol.

Okay, I found the website where a poster discusses Steven working at a bar. Very interesting, this poster seems to have more info than most about this case than others. I don’t know if I’m allowed to link to the website but it can easily be found by googling Steven Koecher forum, the thread isn’t very long. Now I’m just trying to figure out the names of the people he/she is referring to. I hope this poster is truly onto something here…

I wasn't sure if I could link to that thread, but if you google Steven Koecher cell phone pings it comes up.
When I look at that cel ping map, I just get a bad feeling that he went into that nature reserve. Maybe he was in Henderson for a job prospect that didn't pan out and he became despondent. Maybe it wasn't nefarious, just a scam of some kind. Maybe he rode with someone to a location, found out the job wasn't legit, got mad, and stormed off? I don't think he walked from SCA to the area of the last ping.

Does anyone know if a thorough ground search was done at the area of the last cel ping? It would seem a logical place to search. It's worrying that the last ping appears to be at the entrance of a huge wilderness area.
I'm just fascinated by the fact there is one part of the story the family and LE have chosen not to reveal. I just can't get past it. Is it the reason SK was in Henderson? The name of the person he was in SCA to see? What?

No areas around the pings were searched. It is a VERY large area and there are several open desert areas. I personally requested a search from a local private organization and they declined due to the size.

As for the missing piece of info that was being held back: the family withheld that SK's passport was not found in his apartment. However, when they packed up his stuff a few weeks after he went missing, his passport was found. Nothing else has been withheld.

SCA does not have a gatehouse. They have an information booth that you can pull into upon entering the community, but most people pass right by.

I have heard the bar/restaurant theory. The place suggested is an interesting theory -- it is a very trendy place. However, I don't know that the connection to SCA and the owner/manager of the restaurant is a valid connection. Can you IM me that website talking about it?

SCA does not have a gatehouse. They have an information booth that you can pull into upon entering the community, but most people pass right by.

I have heard the bar/restaurant theory. The place suggested is an interesting theory -- it is a very trendy place. However, I don't know that the connection to SCA and the owner/manager of the restaurant is a valid connection. Can you IM me that website talking about it?

I sent you a PM with the link. Hope I did it right!
The interesting comments start on page 3.
If anyone else wants to read that particular board just google "Steven Koecher cel phone pings" and it comes up within the first couple hits. The page is by a lady named Cheri.

Has anyone ever read this? I just found it after googling “Steven Koecher bar” and clicking on this link: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t55884.htm

I have refrained from coming forward as I didn't trust the heads of the SGPD at the time, but I have information on the Koecher case and probably the Powell case that should positively be thoroughly investigated.

On December 7th 2009, someone matching Josh Powell's description entered a Strip Club. It was either Josh himself or his brother who were at that club. I remember a lot of things about them, and they weren't shy of drinking.

I have a photographic memory and have refrained from any discussion. In the summer of 2009, I saw Stephen Koecher alive several different times over near the official Saint George Utah bar.

They call this place "The One and Only". I knew Steven Koecher from around that area specifically Dixie State, but just never got to know him. On more than one occasion I saw a car that matched this description, parked outside of "The One and Only" official bar.
http://thesop.org/attachments/2010-002/244..._1298240411.jpg

This somewhat destroys the story that Powell has never been to St. George or been seen near Koecher's place. Later that year in December, I officially attended "The One and Only" after having an altercation earlier. I was nearly arrested for simply walking around Dixie College, so already I had been very distrusting of officers. The whole day was spent avoiding any further contact with police and those who attended this bar were there for similar reasons.

I met Steven Koecher at "The One and Only" in December of 2009 and got to know him better. He was a cool bloke, and we became first-name friends. Definitely not perfect but no one who would just run away either. Most of us in the bar were Mormon, and only use cash for payment. At approx 10 PM, a young man arrived in from New York asking where all the bars and strip clubs were.

He asked me off the bat and his friend asks me where to get drugs for official distribution. Assuming I know the police scene, he wants the lo-down on me getting drugs back to their suppliers. For a minute there I even penned him as being an informant, but wrote it off. He asked Steven and Jim similar. Young, about twenty four mentioning Powell's name. Powell, meaning Josh's brother was in the bar. I saw Powell and I swear that the younger guy was doing errands for him.

I asked Steven Koecher where he was going so late, and he said into Vegas due to "debt problems". Jim, one of the other regulars suggested they were hitting the Vegas strip clubs and he was going to get a face full of *advertiser censored*. I was speaking out loud about Swine Flu, as Steven was concerned about the connections between law enforcement and the Swine Flu. He said he was going into Las Vegas to get answers about the Flu, which greatly shocked me as days prior I had gotten deathly sick with the Swine Flu but managed to beat the disease using Colloidal Silver. Koecher believed Harry Reid had something to do with Swine Flu, and besides taking a load off in the clubs, he wanted to get into Nevada to investigate. Made no sense to me. I was asked three separate times by Powell's friend, to obtain drugs when I told him off. Most of the people in the bar were members of the Southern Utah Militia which I wanted to join. I asked Jim, outside of earshot of Powell, where I could go to get a loaded gun with a permit. He gave me the name of James over at Garts Brothers. I was fed up with law enforcement and most people there, including this Powell character, seemed to enjoy thrashing Obama especially Jim and Steve Koecher. A young woman who looked disturbingly like Susan Powell, was having a drink on the other side of the bar while the younger Powell made snide jokes near the bartender.

Something was very wrong here as Steve acted like he knew me, even though we didn't know each other that well.

One weekday not long before this incident, I had been walking near South River Road in Saint George and law enforcement stopped me and demanded my name. They asked me if I was Jay Stephens, the Jay Stephens from Dixie Campus. I said "Yes". It turns out Steven Koecher & Jay Stephens were very good friends, even going to the same branch. I look nearly just like Koecher's friend Jay Stephens. Koecher mistook me for being him, and I've wondered what truly happened ever since. One thing is for sure, my friend Koecher was concerned about Swine Flu; had a loaded shotgun and was never heard from again that same day/night. Powell the younger was at that bar, and I've wanted to know what happened ever since.

That wasn't the last time I came across Powell. Later after investigating the Militia and looking for a way to join, I attended a huge party at the Elk's Lodge in Saint George, Utah. I had heard about this place before but figured it was only rumors. I remember seeing Cody and a man matching the profile of Josh Powell, running around inside the Lodge, dancing and drinking. Elk's Lodge in Saint George is one of the biggest hot spots in Southern Utah if you want to make an impression. At this time, Koecher had disappeared so I was very upset and looking into what in the hell could have happened the night he mentioned his debt problem. I drank a Corona Extra and followed Powell and another man, Randy, around the party. The guy from the One and Only was there who had asked me about the drugs, I never forget a face. It was truly chilling to see any of these guys as I barely ever follow the news, fearing city cops are truly corrupt. I knew there was something way off with the outlandish way they were acting, especially Tyler who is interested in pot.

Has anyone ever read this? I just found it after googling “Steven Koecher bar” and clicking on this link: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t55884.htm

Why Koecher would visit a bar where Powell also happened to show up in December of 2009, is absolutely beyond me to understand. I could tell Koech was more like my friend Greg when not in the bar, down to earth, straight, concerned for his whole city. I have no idea whatsoever what would possess Koecher to act like he did that night, nor can I explain the Susan Powell sighting being at an alcoholic bar they frequent. All I do know is it gnawed at my conscience and would not let go. "The One and Only" is only a good 30 miles away from an abandoned road in Saint George, two hours away from the Las Vegas subdivision and Henderson, Nevada.

Several men made mention of going out to Henderson Nevada to hit the clubs, specifically Jim, Collin, Matt, Steven Koecher and the odd man from New York. It was strange for me because the Powell man, the guy who had just got here from New York, rushed into me and asked me where to get the drugs. I had never seen this guy before in my life is why it was odd. He clearly was connected to the Powell brothers, as he acted like he had never been in Utah and had Henderson, Nevada as a clear-cut focus.

I don't know what brought up all the ruckus about Henderson, NV, but I also don't know what possessed me to ask to join a militia. I carry a taser gun on me at all times. Saint George Police identified me as being Jay Stephens several times, so I never would have come forward with any of this to them. They aren't well trusted inside the gated community.

I just want to know the truth about Koecher and what actually happened to him. Going by what we witnessed, I have no idea how Josh Powell could claim to have never known Steven Koecher. I also can't add up the story that shows Powell knew each and every single thing about Koecher's whereabouts, in the time-line leading up to December 20, 2009 without him personally knowing Steve Koecher beyond a reasonable doubt. I also refuse to believe Powell could come up with such a detailed story about his wife and Koecher, if he did not have personal interactions including of/and around his apartment.

I have not a single clue how Powell became obsessed with this city known as Henderson, Nevada but I want to get to the bottom of that place, because this is the city that was mentioned over & over at "The One and Only" obviously. Also the bars only accept cash for the most part, it keeps cops out because apparently credit cards just aren't used to buy drinks or talk business.

A few of the members at the bar were Militia members and nearly all of them Mormon. Powell and the drug addict are the ones who stood out the most, like loose screws possibly. The girl in question's face definitely appeared to be Susan though I'm not sure she was cognizant.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WXLFWO0XInQ/TFZv...0/st.george.jpg
She had been friends with these girls, seen posing in front of a Temple, which contradicts the story that she never had seen Saint George. I suspect there is a lot of contradictions no one has a clue about.

This is the man seen more than once at Elks Lodge. At times, people carried some type of drug like pot in order to pass it around.
http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/1661/166147/16614751.jpg

I suspect more and more that Steven wasn't telling me the full truth and he was in a financial crunch of some kind. I suspect that Josh Powell knew Steven Koecher directly, even to the point of knowing Steve was becoming a Militia member and taking trips to Nevada. I suspect that not only did Josh concoct the story, but Susan and Steven really were having an affair for certain. Josh found out about it and rather than snap, Josh enlisted Steven's help to get rid of her. Because he is disturbed, Josh had to create the perfect alibi. I have seen this repeatedly in three-way insurance scams. Josh hangs a financial golden carrot above Steven's head, if he will manage to get Susan out of the way and plant a story that reads like Steven and Susan ran away together. Steven could take Susan off to the tropics, before getting on a boat to Brazil using passports paid for by Josh's company. It would look official, like Steven had run off with her. Then Josh would collect half the insurance money or Steven would collect it and pretend to hand it to Josh. Only there was disagreement, so I suspect Josh had to delete all the computer records. The files on Koecher's hard drive probably reveal how Josh and Koecher were acquainted. Josh became jealous of Koecher, ordered him to a remote location and threatened his life.

Koecher, then following orders tried to make Susan disappear. When Susan reappeared, Josh threatened to kill him; but Susan then interrupted and hassled Josh about the policy money. Due to the altercation, something happened where Susan "accidentally" fell over and killed herself with the help of circumstances known only to Steven or Josh. The murder was never intentional, that is why since all this time, Josh has been acting so distraught.

Steven is hopefully, in my best guess......alive assuming a disguise somewhere. The alternative scenario with Susan is they are both alive, and Steven's father was killed due to "poisoning" just in case he didn't keep Susan kidnapped. Steven's dad was a very big Newspaper Editor for the Salt Lake Tribune, who could have blown this story wide apart....had Josh's family allowed him any chance to survive. If Steven is alive, I firmly believe he must know that his dad was poisoned. I have never known this Steven Koecher to be someone who would willingly hurt somebody, so in my observation....Josh or someone above...was dangling a carrot and forcing Steve to do back-flips in order to financially not go homeless. Then Josh would pin the kidnapping or murder on my friend Koecher who I cannot believe ever wanted anything to do with Henderson, Nevada.

I'm looking at the time lines and the facts as I know. I believe all pre-paid calls to and from Steven Koecher's phone should be subpoenaed, and any calls between Jay Stephens & Steve Koecher as they could provide a huge amount of evidence. It will tell the tale if/when Steve Koecher's friends confess he was seeing Susan, and had met them at least one time at a bar. I just want to know what Koecher was into once and for all. I know none of it adds up. Koecher was a Ron Paul advocate just like myself, he would never have traveled to Henderson, Nevada if there wasn't something big there.

whoa. I hadn't read this but I had read about it. not sure what to make of all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme