NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hi Naegle, see you are here. Any chance you can take a look at post #19 of this thread to look at some of our questions? TIA

A couple other questions I received today are:

Can I include those on tomorrow's list? I've already sent KC today's list of questions.

Can I include those on tomorrow's list? I've already sent KC today's list of questions.

Of course. I just saw her here earlier and thought I would ask. The additional questions were received through PM's.

Questions for Naegle: (Whether passed along by Laytonian or if Naegle reads them herself)

1. I know we have gotten practically nowhere in a lot of our questions regarding Webb on that day. Where was he? Did he make it to the meeting eventually or not? Was his description of the phone conversation on that day accurate? Etc. Etc. Etc. I would like to know a more general question:

What is Webb like? More importantly, is he generally known as being conscientious and on-time OR lackdasical and late?

2. When was the last time Steven was in Vegas before December? Who was he with? What did he do?

3. Did Steven have a particular nickname while he was online? What was it? What was Steven's email? I am not asking for the whole thing. . .just the first part. . .before the "@". If we had this info we might be able to track where he was online. If info on his computer was deleted, then the only other place to track him would be on the Internet itself.

4. Pardon my ignorance but does LDS have anything like Confession that Catholics have? Just taking the chance that some pastor, deacon, priest (whatever you call them in LDS) may have talked to Steven about something in some sort of confessional setting. As long as Steven is not found, these religious leaders might be inclined to keep quiet. But, if they know something maybe now would be the time to spill the beans.

5. Does anyone, besides the Police, know what the answers were from residents on Evening Lights? Did ALL of them really see nothing? Did anyone recognize him? Are they all completely clueless? Did anyone at all seem concerned about a guy disappearing on their street? I gotta ask because this isn't an area where the residents would be distrustful of the cops. I would think the residents would tell the police everything they know. I would just like to know what they said.

Just some more insights. It seems funny to me that Steven was supposed to be conscientious but was driving all over the place on essentially his rent money that he was not paying his landlord. Wasn't he a couple of months behind?

For a guy who was hurting for money allegedly, he sure didn't seem like he "watched" his money. I don't care how efficient your car is-driving around up to SLC, to Ruby Valley, wherever else is nothing but wasting time and money. Unless, there was a real reason to do it. Usually, if people are conscientious and have no money, they stay at home and try to find a consistent job in the newspaper, online, etc.

I am reminded that not far from Evening Lights on Eastern Ave at the 215 there is a big nursery, one of the bigger ones in the city. And we all know how people-men looking for work-hang out at those places trying to get the attention of cargo van drivers, contractors, U-Haul drivers, etc. I wonder if landscaping was being done that Sunday on Evening Lights? Maybe Steven, looking for work, stopped at that nursery, hooked up with a landscaper and the landscaper told him to meet him on Evening Lights at noon. It doesn't seem like Steven was dressed to do landscaping but he cleaned windows and put up decorations so he might have been helpful in other ways. That seems more plausible than him meeting someone on a golf course. In the end, it still doesn't explain what happened. Could Steven have gotten hurt on the job, owner got antsy, and dumped him? Hard to believe that happened.

I am doubtful about the idea that he left the country. Even if he had his passport, somebody else paid cash for the ticket, and he took no luggage, eventually he would have to show ID and his name would have to match the name on the passenger list. I would think that that would be one of the first things LE checked. But, now that I think of it, the Henderson Executive Airport is. . .technically. . .within walking distance of Evening Lights. The rules would not be as stringent there as at McCarran being that all of the planes at the Executive Airport are privately owned. But, Steven would have passed a thousand people walking there. And surely a cabbie would remember driving somebody to that airport from the Evening Lights neighborhood. I SUPPOSE it's possible. Pay cash to some private plane owner to fly to some other city. And jump a passenger jet from another airport? I guess it's possible.

The tough thing about Steven's disappearance is that there are a lot of scenarios in which he could have put himself into, especially when this guy seems to be just driving all over the place and being vague about his itinerary. I would still like to know, just for my own knowledge, if Webb is a guy who is known for being late and non-punctual. Because if he is known as always being on time every where he goes but that particular Sunday he was late (doesn't matter if he eventually made it to that meeting or not) that would get my attention.

Questions for Naegle: (Whether passed along by Laytonian or if Naegle reads them herself)

I've logged them.

Our new list is already up to 20. I'll send it to her, after she's had
time to answer today's batch.

I would like to point out that Laytonian created and regularly updates an excellent timeline here. You can find it below her signature daily. The videos of Steven and his car can be found there, as can a great deal of additional, valuable information.

Thank you, Laytonian.

1. I know we have gotten practically nowhere in a lot of our questions regarding Webb on that day. Where was he? Did he make it to the meeting eventually or not? Was his description of the phone conversation on that day accurate? Etc. Etc. Etc. I would like to know a more general question:

What is Webb like? More importantly, is he generally known as being conscientious and on-time OR lackdasical and late?

2. When was the last time Steven was in Vegas before December? Who was he with? What did he do?

3. Did Steven have a particular nickname while he was online? What was it? What was Steven's email? I am not asking for the whole thing. . .just the first part. . .before the "@". If we had this info we might be able to track where he was online. If info on his computer was deleted, then the only other place to track him would be on the Internet itself.

4. Pardon my ignorance but does LDS have anything like Confession that Catholics have? Just taking the chance that some pastor, deacon, priest (whatever you call them in LDS) may have talked to Steven about something in some sort of confessional setting. As long as Steven is not found, these religious leaders might be inclined to keep quiet. But, if they know something maybe now would be the time to spill the beans.

5. Does anyone, besides the Police, know what the answers were from residents on Evening Lights? Did ALL of them really see nothing? Did anyone recognize him? Are they all completely clueless? Did anyone at all seem concerned about a guy disappearing on their street? I gotta ask because this isn't an area where the residents would be distrustful of the cops. I would think the residents would tell the police everything they know. I would just like to know what they said.

Just some more insights. It seems funny to me that Steven was supposed to be conscientious but was driving all over the place on essentially his rent money that he was not paying his landlord. Wasn't he a couple of months behind?

For a guy who was hurting for money allegedly, he sure didn't seem like he "watched" his money. I don't care how efficient your car is-driving around up to SLC, to Ruby Valley, wherever else is nothing but wasting time and money. Unless, there was a real reason to do it. Usually, if people are conscientious and have no money, they stay at home and try to find a consistent job in the newspaper, online, etc.

I am reminded that not far from Evening Lights on Eastern Ave at the 215 there is a big nursery, one of the bigger ones in the city. And we all know how people-men looking for work-hang out at those places trying to get the attention of cargo van drivers, contractors, U-Haul drivers, etc. I wonder if landscaping was being done that Sunday on Evening Lights? Maybe Steven, looking for work, stopped at that nursery, hooked up with a landscaper and the landscaper told him to meet him on Evening Lights at noon. It doesn't seem like Steven was dressed to do landscaping but he cleaned windows and put up decorations so he might have been helpful in other ways. That seems more plausible than him meeting someone on a golf course. In the end, it still doesn't explain what happened. Could Steven have gotten hurt on the job, owner got antsy, and dumped him? Hard to believe that happened.

I am doubtful about the idea that he left the country. Even if he had his passport, somebody else paid cash for the ticket, and he took no luggage, eventually he would have to show ID and his name would have to match the name on the passenger list. I would think that that would be one of the first things LE checked. But, now that I think of it, the Henderson Executive Airport is. . .technically. . .within walking distance of Evening Lights. The rules would not be as stringent there as at McCarran being that all of the planes at the Executive Airport are privately owned. But, Steven would have passed a thousand people walking there. And surely a cabbie would remember driving somebody to that airport from the Evening Lights neighborhood. I SUPPOSE it's possible. Pay cash to some private plane owner to fly to some other city. And jump a passenger jet from another airport? I guess it's possible.

The tough thing about Steven's disappearance is that there are a lot of scenarios in which he could have put himself into, especially when this guy seems to be just driving all over the place and being vague about his itinerary. I would still like to know, just for my own knowledge, if Webb is a guy who is known for being late and non-punctual. Because if he is known as always being on time every where he goes but that particular Sunday he was late (doesn't matter if he eventually made it to that meeting or not) that would get my attention.

Great to have you back here fasteddy! You make some excellent points. There are many scenarios that could fit here. Seems we're nearly back to square one, doesn't it?

Many of us wonder what has been covered - or discovered - with GW. I don't believe we will learn the answer to that anytime soon - but I certainly hope LE knows!

I've not had any luck finding the DI services office on Flamingo, but will try again tomorrow. If Steven came to Las Vegas to "start over" this could quite possibly be the way for him to do it. As I stated on Saturday, they have employment and family assistance programs. And both of the possible sightings of him have been in the areas where these offices are located.

Great to have you back here fasteddy! You make some excellent points. There are many scenarios that could fit here. Seems we're nearly back to square one, doesn't it?

Many of us wonder what has been covered - or discovered - with GW. I don't believe we will learn the answer to that anytime soon - but I certainly hope LE knows!

I've not had any luck finding the DI services office on Flamingo, but will try again tomorrow. If Steven came to Las Vegas to "start over" this could quite possibly be the way for him to do it. As I stated on Saturday, they have employment and family assistance programs. And both of the possible sightings of him have been in the areas where these offices are located.

Compared to the new location out on Craig Rd, the E Flamingo location is difficult to see. It sits far back from the road, and is a completely different-looking building. Whatever services they have, may be accessible from inside. It's not the big complex like on Craig. Here's what it looks like: http://snurl.com/u7aes

I'm supposed to be painting a bathroom right now, before the new fixtures and flooring are installed. But this case keeps drawing me back in.

Compared to the new location out on Craig Rd, the E Flamingo location is difficult to see. It sits far back from the road, and is a completely different-looking building. Whatever services they have, may be accessible from inside. It's not the big complex like on Craig. Here's what it looks like: http://snurl.com/u7aes

I'm supposed to be painting a bathroom right now, before the new fixtures and flooring are installed. But this case keeps drawing me back in.

Thank you Laytonian! I think I know right where that is. I was too close to Boulder Highway yesterday and couldn't make it there on time today. I noticed that the DI offices on Craig were behind the thrift store and not "advertised" in any way. I think one would have to know what to be looking for.

Thank you Laytonian! I think I know right where that is. I was too close to Boulder Highway yesterday and couldn't make it there on time today. I noticed that the DI offices on Craig were behind the thrift store and not "advertised" in any way. I think one would have to know what to be looking for.

You're welcome. It looks like there's a strange A-frame building that sits almost right on Flamingo....just before you get to the DI.

You're welcome. It looks like there's a strange A-frame building that sits almost right on Flamingo....just before you get to the DI.

I'll find it tomorrow. I think it's important to have a face to face with the folks there. Don't you think?

Snipped for space:
I have held the theory that Steven was looking for work when he disappeared. But,try as I might, I cannot visualize any scenario that has a potential employer murdering him, either in a home in Anthem, or out on the links. The stats of people murdered while interviewing for a job must be tiny ; in fact I have never heard of it happening.
----------------------------------
Actually, it is not uncommon. Especially for women. They are lured there by the "prospecting employer".
I remember about one case and the ad was from C/L.

Snipped for space:
I have held the theory that Steven was looking for work when he disappeared. But,try as I might, I cannot visualize any scenario that has a potential employer murdering him, either in a home in Anthem, or out on the links. The stats of people murdered while interviewing for a job must be tiny ; in fact I have never heard of it happening.
----------------------------------
Actually, it is not uncommon. Especially for women. They are lured there by the "prospecting employer".
I remember about one case and the ad was from C/L.

I remember that too though I don't know if it's "common." But why would they just leave his car there waiting to be found?

I wonder if Steven's family has determined whether he had a Craigslist account? Don't you have to join to answer ads there? Another question for Naegle, I think.

A few comments…
LDS “confessionals” if someone has committed a sin they are asked to tell
their Bishop and ask for forgiveness from the person they sinned against.
Also… if Steven was having a problem paying his rent and went to his Bishop
the church would have helped him!
Him being behind 3 months ( I think that’s what I heard) and not using
the money from his mom and grandmother makes me think something was
going on even before he went to Vegas.

Snipped for space:

I remember that too though I don't know if it's "common." But why would they just leave his car there waiting to be found?

I wonder if Steven's family has determined whether he had a Craigslist account? Don't you have to join to answer ads there? Another question for Naegle, I think.

We've asked for his email address, as well as his cellphone number.
Model of phone and carrier, too ;)

The offices by the DI are usually:
Employment center (you would go here to apply to work for the DI etc.)
A Store for LDS members to purchase their temple clothes and garments.
and a Counseling center.
If you do go to the DI and give them a flyer I would also suggest giving one
to the offices!

I wonder if anyone can weigh in on Steven's personality-did he have the capacity to plan something like this? What I am trying to get to is that planning a disappearance in this fashion sort of leads me to believe that a man who could put his loved ones through this is a man who either felt his choices were limited here or he had a little sadism (maybe the wrong word...) in his makeup.

I definitely don't think we are being told "everything" about Steven, personally. JMO

I want to know more about the week prior. His work schedule, the dates on the receipts, etc. He WAS up to something then. I'd like the timeline fine tuned.

The quote of (paraphrasing). That's just Steven. What is just Steven?

I would like the question I asked earlier be posed to Naegle regarding the sleep walking. Did he ever drive before while having an episode of sleep walking? If he slept in his car Sat. night--possibility.
It was said he became violent during one of these with a former roommate. Who's to say, if he did stay somewhere with someone, that this might have happened again; and things got out of hand. Maybe the person(s) was not aware
that he had done this before.

The offices by the DI are usually:
Employment center (you would go here to apply to work for the DI etc.)
A Store for LDS members to purchase their temple clothes and garments.
and a Counseling center.
If you do go to the DI and give them a flyer I would also suggest giving one
to the offices!

Thank you! I did leave one at the DI store on West Craig last weekend, but the offices weren't open. My daughter offered to drop one there this week, but I was waiting to find out if Steven's family did that while they were here. I haven't heard yet, so I guess we'll do it anyway!

Ella's mom ---thanks for adding my questions -
all the new post have my mind spinning again - I think my hubby is feeling neglected b/c I can't get this off my mind.
Oh sometimes in the LDS church the "confessional" I don't think is as secretive or as strict as the catholic church, of course if things are said in confidence they are kept in confidence - there have been times that I have known bishops go to parents when kids have come to them to confess though.

I definitely don't think we are being told "everything" about Steven, personally. JMO

I want to know more about the week prior. His work schedule, the dates on the receipts, etc. He WAS up to something then. I'd like the timeline fine tuned.

The quote of (paraphrasing). That's just Steven. What is just Steven?

I would like the question I asked earlier be posed to Naegle regarding the sleep walking. Did he ever drive before while having an episode of sleep walking? If he slept in his car Sat. night--possibility.
It was said he became violent during one of these with a former roommate. Who's to say, if he did stay somewhere with someone, that this might have happened again; and things got out of hand. Maybe the person(s) was not aware
that he had done this before.

Where did you see a reference about sleep-walking? I don't recall that!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste