NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't explain it. Ruby Valley originally on the 8th, then on the 9th 11am. Gas on the 9th....time???, in St. George the 9th at 6pm.
Date: Dec 13thIf the the last call from church was at 11:15, this would have been a "just make it" trip to Henderson at 12.
But the phone calls put him there at an earlier time. ???

You lost me.

Oh. OK. Two different dates. BBM is info I added.

Yes, according to GW, he said he was in "Vegas" during the first call...

To get from his home to that Henderson neighborhood, would have been over two hours, because he'd have had two fairly-lengthy drives on surface roads.

But look at ALL the possibilities for the 8th and 9th....and then move Travis Hansen to the 7th, Ruby Valley back to the 8th. Wendover to the 8th (remember, no actual receipt for that).

There's two SLC receipts unaccounted for. If we knew THOSE locations, dates, times.....we could have an indication he stopped in SLC on the 8th to see someone, maybe even stayed the night.

BUT THEN, we still have him driving back to Nephi and Springville on the 10th.

:banghead:

You know what doesn't really fit? The temple.

But, let's not forget that KC Naegle did describe Steven as " spontaneous" , in reference to the driving.She stated that he was known to up and drive long distances when he felt the urge. I would think that his church friends would also be aware of this trait of Steven's, and so they might not have nailed down his presence and absence with great accuracy. Because to them it might have been just Steven being Steven ? Maybe nothing sisnister ? JMO

But, let's not forget that KC Naegle did describe Steven as " spontaneous" , in reference to the driving.She stated that he was known to up and drive long distances when he felt the urge. I would think that his church friends would also be aware of this trait of Steven's, and so they might not have nailed down his presence and absence with great accuracy. Because to them it might have been just Steven being Steven ? Maybe nothing sisnister ? JMO

You didn't look at the maps and calculations, did you?

http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/home/koecher-html/odd-links

This isn't cute "spontaneous" driving, if those sightings are accurate.

Which do you call "spontaneous"?
The 102 mph or 121 mph required to traverse between Ruby Valley and the St George temple?

You lost me.

Oh. OK. Two different dates. BBM is info I added.

Yes, according to GW, he said he was in "Vegas" during the first call...

To get from his home to that Henderson neighborhood, would have been over two hours, because he'd have had two fairly-lengthy drives on surface roads.

But look at ALL the possibilities for the 8th and 9th....and then move Travis Hansen to the 7th, Ruby Valley back to the 8th. Wendover to the 8th (remember, no actual receipt for that).

There's two SLC receipts unaccounted for. If we knew THOSE locations, dates, times.....we could have an indication he stopped in SLC on the 8th to see someone, maybe even stayed the night.

BUT THEN, we still have him driving back to Nephi and Springville on the 10th.

:banghead:

You know what doesn't really fit? The temple.

Thanks for clarifing that.:blushing: I should have. I thought the pings were that Steven's cell was in Henderson earlier in the day. ?? Couldn't you make it to Henderson in appox. 1:45 mins?

Yes, the dates and times on those purchases would be great to have..... (holding hand on butt).

Your right, the temple does not fit.

Laytonian,
Yes, I know what you think, and I know what you mean ; to you,to me, it is not "spontaneous" driving.But, what I think is that the church members might be simply mistaken sometimes, with regard to the time line. If he liked to up and take road trips, they wouldn't be surprised if he was not around at certain times, it might not have been that memorable to them.KWIM ? And of course,we don't actually know what KC Naegle meant by the spontaneous driving comment. We just do not know how far he actually would drive when he was in the mood. IMHO.

Laytonian,
Yes, I know what you think, and I know what you mean ; to you,to me, it is not "spontaneous" driving.But, what I think is that the church members might be simply mistaken sometimes, with regard to the time line. If he liked to up and take road trips, they wouldn't be surprised if he was not around at certain times, it might not have been that memorable to them.KWIM ? And of course,we don't actually know what KC Naegle meant by the spontaneous driving comment. We just do not know how far he actually would drive when he was in the mood. IMHO.

Unless they're having fun with us at the BH7th, I think the ward activities director is pretty credible in confirming the date of the 9th for the temple...and that was after someone else mentioned it spontaneously.

Of course, maybe "fooling with those internet gossips" could be a fun ward activity....but not very ethical.

I believe they believe it was the 9th, but I never believe anyone 100% ;)

If you are broke, and can't pay even 1 mos. rent, let alone 3, why in the world spend money on gas driving like that all over the countryside? This was not driving around the local area looking for a job apparently. Where are the people or facts that could back any of that up? Not in the phone calls that we know about. ???

Just another thought....but... most people get paid at the end of the week...why was he paid on Tues. or Monday? This sounds more like someone quiting and asking to be paid up-to-date. To be paid $100 on any of those days would have been a 5-15 min. encounter. Something that probably would have happened first thing in the morning, if he did not work that day. Which we haven't heard, happened. JMO

Thanks for clarifing that.:blushing: I should have. I thought the pings were that Steven's cell was in Henderson earlier in the day. ?? Couldn't you make it to Henderson in appox. 1:45 mins?

Yes, the dates and times on those purchases would be great to have..... (holding hand on butt).

Your right, the temple does not fit.

The unaccounted for "ping" was the Overton cell tower on the 12th.

Laytonian....I am getting out maps and calendar for December. Of course I do not think it can be done - the trip from RV to Wendover to St. George.
I believe he was in St. George for services, and it was well documented.
My gut is that the RV trip was on another day. The $100 could have been given to him on any day and any time.

We still have conflicts. IIRC, Jaxon decided by himself that the gas was purchased on the 9th, in Wendover.

But if it was (the day AFTER Ruby Valley), he'd have had to average 76 miles per hour down the two lane roads, all the way to St George....or 94+mph via the freeways.
We need to know the time on that Pilot station transaction, and I've given up on that.

We need to create a board game called "Steven's Travels".
It's like Monopoly, where you put little cards (with locations) onto a calendar and try to make them all fit without overlapping ;)

I dibs the copyright on that game ;)

If you are broke, and can't pay even 1 mos. rent, let alone 3, why in the world spend money on gas driving like that all over the countryside? This was not driving around the local area looking for a job apparently. Where are the people or facts that could back any of that up? Not in the phone calls that we know about. ???

Just another thought....but... most people get paid at the end of the week...why was he paid on Tues. or Monday? This sounds more like someone quiting and asking to be paid up-to-date. To be paid $100 on any of those days would have been a 5-15 min. encounter. Something that probably would have happened first thing in the morning, if he did not work that day. Which we haven't heard, happened. JMO

But if he quit, why was he passing out window washing flyers on the 11th?
(IF he was. Heck, we don't know if he wasn't just casing a neighborhood for some reason, or for some person....speculation.)

Hollyblue,
Yes, you're right, most people wouldn't go driving around if they are broke.Most people. There are many things about Steven himself that I wonder about. The self isolation, the seeming lack of any meaningful friendships or any relationships . The sparseness of face to face contact before he vanished. I wonder what on earth he did with his time. Most people could not, and would not live like that, day after day. And so, it could well be that the driving was just aimless. I believe that there was something wrong with Steven in that last month, something causing him real distress. And the answer to the puzzle is contained in that "something wrong ". JMO

Didn't someone verify supposedly that they did "sealings' in the Temple on the night of the 9th of December with SK in the St. George Temple at 6:30pm?

The reason I ask is because if so than I believe that is pretty credible as it only requires very few people. But if it was an "Endowment" then maybe there is more room for mistakes in time frames... Just to shed some light for what its worth

Edit: This also leaves for another thought... If there are less people to verify.. Did it really happen after all?? Sorry this case if driving me too crazy now!!

We still have conflicts. IIRC, Jaxon decided by himself that the gas was purchased on the 9th, in Wendover.

But if it was (the day AFTER Ruby Valley), he'd have had to average 76 miles per hour down the two lane roads, all the way to St George....or 94+mph via the freeways.
We need to know the time on that Pilot station transaction, and I've given up on that.

We need to create a board game called "Steven's Travels".
It's like Monopoly, where you put little cards (with locations) onto a calendar and try to make them all fit without overlapping ;)

I dibs the copyright on that game ;)

I think this would be the most mind boggling game anyone could ever play!! LOL

I tend to think there were a lot of things SK was doing that he didn't want his parents to know. Not necessarily that he was doing anything wrong or bad, but that maybe he was just sick of hearing it. I know my mom (thank god she doesn't read this board!) nags my brother terribly every time he calls - about anything and, it appears, everything. And she wonders why he doesn't call :)

I am thinking that SK definitely wanted to put distance between himself and his family. The move to St. George was pretty far from them, while still being in the same state.

I guess I wouldn't totally be shocked if he showed up in some part of the country, buildling a life under his own name, doing his own thing. Maybe he was just fed up. I hate to think this because of everything his family and friends have indicated about what kind of person he is. But it still comes from them. And there are people in this world who carry on great pretences and then just decided it's too much stress and too much expectation and they give it all up - much to their family and friends shock.

And remember - SK just turned 30. I know this was a HUGE time for reflection for me (where I was, where I wasn't, my career, my relationships, etc.)

Didn't someone verify supposedly that they did "sealings' in the Temple on the night of the 9th of December with SK in the St. George Temple at 6:30pm?

The reason I ask is because if so than I believe that is pretty credible as it only requires very few people. But if it was an "Endowment" then maybe there is more room for mistakes in time frames... Just to shed some light for what its worth

Edit: This also leaves for another thought... If there are less people to verify.. Did it really happen after all?? Sorry this case if driving me too crazy now!!

I wonder. The first mention was posted on Feb 3rd, on the FB page....almost two months after Dec 9th.

This may be a question that the Bishopric could solve for us, by maybe even checking the temple records to see if Steven's card was swiped at entry?

Hollyblue,
Yes, you're right, most people wouldn't go driving around if they are broke.Most people. There are many things about Steven himself that I wonder about. The self isolation, the seeming lack of any meaningful friendships or any relationships . The sparseness of face to face contact before he vanished. I wonder what on earth he did with his time. Most people could not, and would not live like that, day after day. And so, it could well be that the driving was just aimless. I believe that there was something wrong with Steven in that last month, something causing him real distress. And the answer to the puzzle is contained in that "something wrong ". JMO

I agree. But if your truly hurting financially, you don't have finances to go socializing and do much of anything besides pay the bills (hopefully) and go grocery shopping when needed. I could understand his going to church...this would include the socialization and eats every now and then. Young men love that at church socials..at least mine. The only galavanting and gas burning I would be doing besides that is work related....or emergencies. This is not the case. What possible scenario would make that amount of traveling 'reasonable' when you can't even pay the rent???? Why would he put "gas money" ahead of a priority like rent? and so much of it.... Was there an "EMERGENCY"? If there was no prior proof in the weeks past of this type of intense travelling?

Hollyblue,
Well, the church was going to help Steven jobwise ; they had promised to find him employment after the 1st of the year. Meanwhile, he had a block of time, with no structure at all that I can see. He might well have looked at the driving as recreational, preferable to staying in the house alone. Who really knows ? I'm beginning to think that he was always just a bit "out of sync" with everyone, but we don't exactly know for sure. I don't really understand where the people who know him are ; they don't seem all that visible anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme