NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been so interested and fascinated by all the search accounts. Thanks to all who searched and for the informative and detailed info...Just a few thoughts...my heart goes out to Steven's Mother after reading about her at the search and her willingness to chat with the WS'ers. I can't imagine what she must be going through and she must be a strong lady to be there and interact with all. I was interested in her info on Steven's speech pattern and the term "halting". I had never heard of that before, so I did some searches for info...honestly I didn't find much...but on every search I did it seems that it is the same as stuttering or some form of stuttering. It can be exacerbated by nervousness. I read some message boards of people with the condition and it was interesting to hear their comments. It has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence of course, but hearing them describe their frustrations with communicating at times was interesting...and I got the impression it could be hard in the workplace. Also, a few mentioned a connection to epilepsy as well...it made me think (this will date me!) of the singer Mel Tillis...he was a stutterer, but never had a problem when he sang...

Hey - I know who Mel Tillis is and I'm NOT old!

In Steven's case, it's not stuttering. He was said to pause abnormally long in the middle of sentences. His Mom said it was really prevelant when he returned from his mission, which they chalked up to the fact that he had been speaking Portugese for two years and had to readjust back to English.

It's just recently, I believe, it seems the "problem" seemed to be worsening. To me, it sounds like it was just an innocent little quirk in Steven. But if it was getting worse, it could mean something more, IMO.

Maybe the directions didn't come from MapQuest or any website. Maybe they were given to Steven personally, verbally.

We just need to figure out by whom.

True -- PLUS we need to look at that map of Sun City Anthem again.

If LE were to somehow subpoena MapQuest/Google/Bing/et al to produce the IP records of all requests for navigation to addresses in SCA's Overlook Village, it would likely turn out to number in the thousands.

Even if only one person per month looked for directions to a particular Overlook Village address, that would be about 2400 requests in a year.

Nice post for you searchers on SK's FB.

Warning not for anyone to go out to the search area or SCA--open investigation.

FastEddy4---If the person from SCA who requested a copy of A's post wants to meet up with you----you'd dang well better let us know in advance exactly where your going. :)

I'm going to have to see PROOF this is an open, LEGAL investigation. From what I've seen, LE doesn't really give a hoot.

What if my Grandma lives happens to live in SCA? What if I dropped an earring in the search area yesterday and I want it back? As far as I know, it's not a crime seen and it's a free country!

She doesn't and I didn't but, just sayin'.

I don't think he committed suicide either. I tend to think he just decided to go his own way. He hadn't had any luck with jobs since his college graduation. He loved music, but felt it would destroy him. I think he threw himself into trying to find a good job and the church....when that seemed to fail...(ie: going straight) he threw up his hands and said "hey" and booked. That or someone took advantage of him---foul play---that we can't find anything in his past or recent daily livings that would point to. ???

Remember this call at 7:57 am Dec.13 "President GW calls Counselor Koecher, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. Webb says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. Call lasts two minutes."

And this one at 9:47 am Dec. 13th "Receives call from Clerk Seth Abboud, asking Steven (due to officiate at the 1:00pm church service?) to announce 16 Dec basketball. Steven says he can't, because he's in Vegas."

If he ran off, why would he even answer these calls? He offered to drive back to St. George for President GW and attend an 11 am meeting. That's not a person that's run off. He has a good, helpful attitude.

I didn't mean he'd been there previously. If he had why was he let go? I meant as he was driving to the house he spotted the address before he parked.

If he'd been there previously, what was different about this time?

Could be a number of things:

They wanted to test him.

Something went wrong this time.

They were on drugs.

Etc.

I'm going to have to see PROOF this is an open, LEGAL investigation. From what I've seen, LE doesn't really give a hoot.

What if my Grandma lives happens to live in SCA? What if I dropped an earring in the search area yesterday and I want it back? As far as I know, it's not a crime seen and it's a free country!

She doesn't and I didn't but, just sayin'.

Just relaying the msg here. I totally agree with you. I'm very fond of my earrings!:angel:

He had also been battling depression.

I don't know if he tried to self medicate himself out of that or not. Not good. This is why I wanted to know if Steven was given something from a doc, over the counter--homepathic, or otherwise. Big difference....and the last two may have mental or physical side effects. Not too big on prescription psych drugs either---without a good diagnosis and da#m good doctor.

I remember during the Hasanni Campbell case people were posting maps and directions like crazy. I unfortunately can't get the hang of it. Google maps doesn't allow me to copy & paste maps, only directions. We also sleuthed who owned what property on the Lindsay Baum case. I guess it wouldn't be possible here since we don't know anyone who lives in Anthem & quite possibly it would be against the TOS, since no one has been named a suspect. So, until we know who he was going to see we can't sleuth anyone!

Remember this call at 7:57 am Dec.13 "President GW calls Counselor Koecher, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. Webb says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. Call lasts two minutes."

And this one at 9:47 am Dec. 13th "Receives call from Clerk Seth Abboud, asking Steven (due to officiate at the 1:00pm church service?) to announce 16 Dec basketball. Steven says he can't, because he's in Vegas."

If he ran off, why would he even answer these calls? He offered to drive back to St. George for President GW and attend an 11 am meeting. That's not a person that's run off. He has a good, helpful attitude.

Maybe that's not all that was said. JMO

Maybe Stephen was depressed but felt he could overcome it by himself.

Maybe Stephen was depressed but felt he could overcome it by himself.

He had apparently mentioned to someone he was taking something that seemed to help. What in the world was it?

I wonder how long he had been taking it? Have to be careful because some of those meds can cause suicidal thoughts -- hopefully he was under close watch by a doctor.

I wonder how long he had been taking it? Have to be careful because some of those meds can cause suicidal thoughts -- hopefully he was under close watch by a doctor.

Exactly. And some of the others can send you into la la land. Not to mention heart or liver problems, etc.

ETA: Just wonder what the effects could be on someone not prescribed meds, but decided to take a "freinds"? ---to see if it helped?

He had apparently mentioned to someone he was taking something that seemed to help. What in the world was it?

It was never confirmed exactly what it was. So whether it was RX, over the counter or herbal. I do not know.

It was never confirmed exactly what it was. So whether it was RX, over the counter or herbal. I do not know.

True - we don't know and I sincerely doubt Steven would have revealed it to anyone.

He could have been buying RX drugs on the street - he didn't have insurance. Even if they were holistic or homeopathic drugs, they could have affected him negatively if he wasn't aware of any underlying conditions.

Bottom line, it's just another factor we have to look at here.

Right RubyRed. Maybe I should explain my upset on this discussion. I have read of too many teens and young adults--and adults who have been given meds and then they turn around and kill someone. This happened in the case of a grandson of a sweet co-worker I worked with. The boy beat his mother to death. (16)

They go off the meds and bang---someone's dead. JMO-but I think they are prescribed too often. I can understand in extreme cases, but most "adjustments" can and should be made through good counselling and include the family. I think these meds change the mind so much they have a hard time or never re-coup....and the trigger so dramatic when they stop medicating that the mind just snaps. It's a very controversial subject I know, but just my twocents.

Right RubyRed. Maybe I should explain my upset on this discussion. I have read of too many teens and young adults--and adults who have been given meds and then they turn around and kill someone. This happened in the case of a grandson of a sweet co-worker I worked with. The boy beat his mother to death. (16)

They go off the meds and bang---someone's dead. JMO-but I think they are prescribed too often. I can understand in extreme cases, but most "adjustments" can and should be made through good counselling and include the family. I think these meds change the mind so much they have a hard time or never re-coup....and the trigger so dramatic when they stop medicating that the mind just snaps. It's a very controversial subject I know, but just my twocents.

So you're thinking he went OFF whatever meds he was on? Would that be anti-depressants?

So you're thinking he went OFF whatever meds he was on? Would that be anti-depressants?

I have no clue in Steven's case Fairy1. We don't know if he was on meds or starting taking them and then stopped because of money issues. OR if he was was experimenting with the "others". Like I said, I don't know what the reactions would be on someone who was not diagnosed to start taking them (like a friend)--maybe that would really screw things up.

My own mother experienced something tramatic in her late teens and a "friend" convinced her to take one of HER mother's pills to help calm her down. It was heart medication and just about killed her.

Hey - I know who Mel Tillis is and I'm NOT old!

In Steven's case, it's not stuttering. He was said to pause abnormally long in the middle of sentences. His Mom said it was really prevelant when he returned from his mission, which they chalked up to the fact that he had been speaking Portugese for two years and had to readjust back to English.

It's just recently, I believe, it seems the "problem" seemed to be worsening. To me, it sounds like it was just an innocent little quirk in Steven. But if it was getting worse, it could mean something more, IMO.

I find this interesting and at the same time troubling too. Something to think on. Oh, and Mel Tillis, me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lafan