NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay: What was the deal with the subpoena for the computer? I don't recall that every being explained?

I asked a retired detective who I know socially about why a computer would be subpoena'd for a missing persons case, and he said it probably had to do with privacy laws. He said that in most states, you can't legally look at somebody else's computer, not even if you're the parent and they're missing. So they probably had to get some kind of authorization before the computer tech would look at it.

He wasn't familiar with Utah or Nevada laws, so this was just an educated guess on his part. I repeat it for what it's worth, which could be nothing.

Like I said, the odds of Steven catching a flight after midnight from the Henderson Executive Airport are like 1 in a million.

I don't think we know the exact time of the last ping.

Maybe Steven and BDW stayed in a hotel overnight before flying out in the morning.

Good luck on the search Fairy and FastEddy. Hope you find some clues to help us bring Steven home.

Don't step in any BS--or should I say coyote poop.

I asked a retired detective who I know socially about why a computer would be subpoena'd for a missing persons case, and he said it probably had to do with privacy laws. He said that in most states, you can't legally look at somebody else's computer, not even if you're the parent and they're missing. So they probably had to get some kind of authorization before the computer tech would look at it.

He wasn't familiar with Utah or Nevada laws, so this was just an educated guess on his part. I repeat it for what it's worth, which could be nothing.

Thank you!

I was reading something yesterday, about data forensics and how expensive it was: about $4,500 for a complete forensics exam. http://www.evestigate.com/

I'm wondering whether the family "forced" the subpoena, so that the investigators would pay those costs.

I'm wondering whether the family "forced" the subpoena, so that the investigators would pay those costs.

I can see LE resisting, saying SK had just walked away from his life, leave him alone, etc... It could well have taken the family some time to get anyone to take them seriously (or just do it to shut them up?).

Any idea how many searchers they are going to have ?

I can see LE resisting, saying SK had just walked away from his life, leave him alone, etc... It could well have taken the family some time to get anyone to take them seriously (or just do it to shut them up?).

Why wouldn't the PI do it?

Any idea how many searchers they are going to have ?

They're aiming at 45-50 (and I think they've got it). Based on some groups I'm hearing about, they may have double that. There's several people driving in from out of state (and that doesn't mean St George).

If I'm right about the search area, they should have good coverage.

Why wouldn't the PI do it?

Well, I don't know, but from what we've gathered (and that's not much) the PI doesn't seem to have achieved much. Or if he/she has, we don't know about it. Dunno!

I'll be there. I'm driving down there from salt lake at 2 am.

Laytonian, I missed a day in reviewing posts. I don't always participate, but always follow the posts. I've made arrangements to be able to join in on the search Saturday, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to send you a message with my e-mail address. I usually log on late in the evening, but I'll make a point of logging on to WS Friday morning.

Now, if the Family & PI have too many confirmed searchers already than I won't join them, but on the other hand they can just send me home if this is the case. I'm local, and have been in the LV area for approx 15yrs, so I just may be of some use in some manner I figure.

Laytonian, I missed a day in reviewing posts. I don't always participate, but always follow the posts. I've made arrangements to be able to join in on the search Saturday, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to send you a message with my e-mail address. I usually log on late in the evening, but I'll make a point of logging on to WS Friday morning.

Now, if the Family & PI have too many confirmed searchers already than I won't join them, but on the other hand they can just send me home if this is the case. I'm local, and have been in the LV area for approx 15yrs, so I just may be of some use in some manner I figure.

Sin City - check Laytonian's signature line - post #186 above.

Sparked by a tip, a small army of volunteers plans to scour the Henderson (Nev.) Executive Airport area on Saturday as part of the ongoing search for Steven Koecher, a St. George man missing for the past five months.
Rolf Koecher, father of the 30-year-old man who disappeared Dec. 13, said information that Steven might be found in the desert terrain south of the airport was generated by a private investigator.
"The tipster would like to remain anonymous, but he or she is known to a private investigator who is working with us, and he trusts this person very much," Koecher told The Salt Lake Tribune Friday.

The father acknowledged that prospects for finding his son alive seemed slim, but the Koecher family is hoping for closure from a team of nearly 40 searchers when they fan out on foot and in all-terrain vehicles beginning 8 a.m. The search is planned to conclude before noon.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14851880

I will be keeping Steven and all the searchers in my prayers. Stay safe!

Tip leads to planned Nevada search for missing St. George man
By Bob Mims

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 04/09/2010 08:00:14 AM MDT

Steven Koecher, 30, has been missing five months. A search for him is planned Saturday near Henderson, Nev. (Tribune file photo)Sparked by a tip, a small army of volunteers plans to scour the Henderson (Nev.) Executive Airport area on Saturday as part of the ongoing search for Steven Koecher, a St. George man missing for the past five months.

continue at link below.....
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14851880

Frankly, I think it's better to have a few too many, in case some others back out.

I've got a huge blurb at the top of the timeline page right now, with contact info. There's two email addresses, and they're being monitored, (See my sigline, as LATO recommended.)

We just can't recruit or advertise this search here; but we can answer questions.

New search set in Henderson for missing Utah man

Associated Press - April 9, 2010 10:55 AM ET

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The father of a 30-year-old Utah man who vanished in December says searchers plan to comb an area near a southern Nevada airport for clues about his disappearance.

Rolf Koecher says a tipster told a private investigator hired by Steven Koecher's family to look in desert terrain south of the Henderson Executive Airport outside Las Vegas.

continued at link below...
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12283824

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members