GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what is going on here anymore. I will check back for an update but every time I see this story it changes. I don't think she left to hide the car. Especially if she knew who it was. I think that she was going to find them with her son.

Top clear up any questions about if the Meyers told police they knew the suspect:

8 News NOW asked Captain Chris Tomaino about what Meyers said.

Murphy: "Captain, did police know that the Meyers family knew the suspect and if so, why weren't we given a more accurate description? It seemed like it was more of a general manhunt rather than someone they knew."

Captain Chris Tomaino, Metro Police: "That's accurate and that didn't all come together until today."

Murphy: "So police did not know the Meyers family knew him until today?"

Captain Tomaino: "We did not know that."

http://mobile.8newsnow.com/article.html#!/2336/de05c9314153c5c66e159da9a0704f5e

LE will work to get to the bottom of this mess. I'm sure they didn't appreciate the family deliberately omitting facts.
I'll bet the sketch artist has a story about them, too. They were wasting the artists time, all the while they knew exactly who at least one of the suspects were.
What is the real story?? What is the root motivation? Why was it far preferable to grab a gun and hop in the car rather than stay home, lock the door and call 911?

Top clear up any questions about if the Meyers told police they knew the suspect:

8 News NOW asked Captain Chris Tomaino about what Meyers said.

Murphy: "Captain, did police know that the Meyers family knew the suspect and if so, why weren't we given a more accurate description? It seemed like it was more of a general manhunt rather than someone they knew."

Captain Chris Tomaino, Metro Police: "That's accurate and that didn't all come together until today."

Murphy: "So police did not know the Meyers family knew him until today?"

Captain Tomaino: "We did not know that."

http://mobile.8newsnow.com/article.html#!/2336/de05c9314153c5c66e159da9a0704f5e

HastingsChi thanks for the link.

bbm I take it that no one in the police department wondered why they had a description including eye & hair color yet they were sketchy on the vehicle description. That info did not raise eyebrows. hmmm idk jmo

HastingsChi thanks for the link.

bbm I take it that no one in the police department wondered why they had a description including eye & hair color yet they were sketchy on the vehicle description. That info did not raise eyebrows. hmmm idk jmo

JMO, We don't know that. A good detective would listen, listen, listen, and notice what's missing. They take it in, and then see if it adds up. Daddy showed up dressed as a "car guy". That would be a possible (not for sure) tip off that this family is into/pays attention to cars.

JMO, We don't know that. A good detective would listen, listen, listen, and notice what's missing. They take it in, and then see if it adds up. Daddy showed up dressed as a "car guy". That would be a possible (not for sure) tip off that this family is into/pays attention to cars.

bbm What don't you know?

bbm What don't you know?

From your post: "That info did not raise eyebrows. hmmm idk jmo"

-------------------------------------------------------
We don't know whether or not that info was considered suspicious. I'd tend to think LE was raising an eyebrow about the families various evolving statements from pretty early on. Of course, they keep that to themselves. Let the family keep talking.

He flat out says police didn't know that Meyers family knew the suspect.

Well that seems obvious. If the police knew they would have arrested him sooner. Law Enforcement is not going to just leave the guy out on the streets if they believe he is armed and has already killed someone and THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO HE IS AND WHERE TO FIND HIM.

So we are once again back at the familes lies. Firs they didn't know who did it, then they did and they told LE but LE was too busy giving out traffic tickets to go pick him up, so instead they put out a bogus sketch.

You have to love that the husband is irate that people don't believe their multiple, ever changing stories.

At this point, as skeevy as it feels to even type this, I have a feeling the long walks, counseling and so forth may have gone a little farther than it should have and some really bad stuff went down as a result.

I really don't believe this has anythihg to do with Road Rage, that's for sure.

From your post: "That info did not raise eyebrows. hmmm idk jmo"

-------------------------------------------------------
We don't know whether or not that info was considered suspicious. I'd tend to think LE was raising an eyebrow about the families various evolving statements from pretty early on. Of course, they keep that to themselves. Let the family keep talking.

Oh Ok I get you now. That makes my first assumption pretty much correct, the captain is a liar. jmo idk

I'm starting to wonder if another car was ever really involved after all the lies that this family has told! Half way kidding but ya never know! We need a flow chart of the stories that have changed!

I think there may have been another car, but I don't think this has a thing to do with Road Rage.

Well that seems obvious. If the police knew they would have arrested him sooner. Law Enforcement is not going to just leave the guy out on the streets if they believe he is armed and has already killed someone and THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO HE IS AND WHERE TO FIND HIM.

So we are once again back at the familes lies. Firs they didn't know who did it, then they did and they told LE but LE was too busy giving out traffic tickets to go pick him up, so instead they put out a bogus sketch.

You have to love that the husband is irate that people don't believe their multiple, ever changing stories.

At this point, as skeevy as it feels to even type this, I have a feeling the long walks, counseling and so forth may have gone a little farther than it should have and some really bad stuff went down as a result.

I really don't believe this has anythihg to do with Road Rage, that's for sure.

bbm me neither.

Oh Ok I get you now. That makes my first assumption pretty much correct, the captain is a liar. jmo idk

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't agree at all the the captain is telling untruths. I think LE are working hard on an evolving investigation.

While I have some sympathy for the family, as the mother is dead, I still think this was the "perfect storm" for something to happen. So many different stories, personalities, etc. It will take a bit for the LE to get to the truth. (and we may never know what it is either!)

I think this is a perfect example of what my nanny use to say "when you go looking for trouble, sometimes it finds you". Not that it excuses the fact that a woman lost her life, just shows why it's so important to stay calm and make safe decisions.

From wf's link above:

"On Thursday afternoon, police arrested 19-year-old Erich Milton Nowsch Jr. as helicopters buzzed overhead and SWAT teams swarmed a private drive about a dozen miles from the Las Vegas Strip. Police said the suspect had been under surveillance since the road-rage incident. And, as the action unfolded nearby, Richard Meyers lost it."

Okay....I'm even more confused now....

From wf's link above:

"On Thursday afternoon, police arrested 19-year-old Erich Milton Nowsch Jr. as helicopters buzzed overhead and SWAT teams swarmed a private drive about a dozen miles from the Las Vegas Strip. Police said the suspect had been under surveillance since the road-rage incident. And, as the action unfolded nearby, Richard Meyers lost it."

Okay....I'm even more lost now....

Maybe during their investigation they talked to a lot of people. Possibly neighbors who knew about the park "meetings" or other sorta odd stuff. Just speculating. The big tip off to me is that so much seems to have occurred in a rather small range of area.
People probably noticed things about one, the other, or both families.

About Daddy losing it...Well, maybe he's starting to figure out that he's not in the drivers seat. I think there is possibly quite a back story here.

I just saw this on the news and had to come here.
I told my husband there was something wrong from the beginning of the story.
That most people here at WS was thinking the same thing.... and now I really really want to know what the neighbor 19 yr old has to say about all this.

Now I'll go back and read all y'all's wonderful insight as this unfolded.

I know grief is deeply personal and losing your life partner in such a sudden and violent act could explain some inexplicable thoughts and behavior. But I have to say, for someone in the midst of the most horrible grief he puts some odd things on his facebook. That's all.

I had to raise an eyebrow when initially after the shooting there were only a couple of images of his wife on there, and actually not so many of his family besides the dog......then a couple of days ago several more images of the deceased wife were added, almost as if an afterthought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23