GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why KM didn't list BM as a resident of the house, yet BM said he lived there.

Things like this are going to trip up the prosecution case.

He was asked if he lives there--maybe he moved back home.

Are you pointing out the swearing in to tell the truth?

Why did the siblings get such a small detail different about whether BM was a resident of the house?

One says he was. One says he wasn't. Who lied?

Every person was told:

By law, these proceedings are secret and you are prohibited from disclosing to anyone anything that has transpired before us, including evidence and statements presented to the Grand Jury, any event occurring or statement made in the presence of the Grand Jury, and information obtained by the Grand Jury.

Failure to comply with this admonition is a gross misdemeanor punishable by a year in the Clark
County Detention Center and a $2,000 fine. In addition, you may be held in contempt of court punishable by an additional $500 fine and 25 days in the Clark County Detention Center.

And go back and read Brandon's testimony about where he lives.

The shortcut would be, when they left the 1st shooting scene, right on Alta, right on Carmel Peak, left on Mt. Shasta. The longer way, which may be the way they actually went, would be right on Alta, right on Cimarron, right on Cherry River, right on Carmel Peak, right on Mt. Shasta. Had they taken the short cut, they would be arriving at Mt. Shasta almost the same time as the Meyers arrived.
My point is the driver might have missed the shortcut EN told him to take. Missed the street and that's how they ended up on Mt. Shasta. Read the GJ testimony about how he describes the shortcut. At first, it didn't make sense since the officer was saying they were on Cherry River. EN said something like he knew a short cut that involved making a left and being right at his house. But if they turned down Carmel Peak from Cherry River, they would have been missing his house, wouldn't have needed a shortcut because his house was there, and Mt. Shasta would have been on the right, not the left.

But then I realized the officer wasn't clear in the GJ testimony about where EN was located when he said he knew the short cut. Based on the warrant, EN would have been on Alta when he said he knew a short cut, and that would have Mt. Shasta on the left from Carmel Peak. It's possible the driver turned left too soon and they ended up on Carmel Peak by accident instead of Cherry River to head to EN's house.

EN said he had plans with a couple of girls, but he cancelled because he didn't want them to get hurt if someone was coming to hurt him. That's how he could have ended up there longer than he planned to be there. He passed up quite a few rides because he was afraid to leave the park until the buick was gone.

I got that the girls were supposed to arrive some time after he first arrived there, not that he was dropped off there for that. I think he arrived at the park before the 'driving lessons' where he was probably at the park for at least an hour before the girls were supposed to arrive. A drug deal could have gone bust in that time, so he told the girls not to come and instead called someone else.

Was he talking about the Buick driving past his (EN's) house, or was the Audi driving past EN's house? Ok I'm not quite sure now where EN lives, I thought it was on the same side of the street as the park, and if so he is only a few houses down from that and the Meyers would not have actually past EN's house to get to Mt. Shasta because Mt. Shasta and Carmel Peak is the beginning of where the park starts, or ends depending on what direction you are coming from.

Basicially, if you are standing in front of the Meyers house looking at the street, EN lived behind their across the street neighbors.

BM was under oath when he testified to the GJ. I'm pretty sure that his GJ testimony can (and will) be used during his trial testimony.

The relevant portion of Nevada's hearsay rules. BBM.
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-051.html

NRS 51.035  “Hearsay” defined.  “Hearsay” means a statement offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted unless: 1.  The statement is one made by a witness while testifying at the trial or hearing;
2.  The declarant testifies at the trial or hearing and is subject to cross-examination concerning the statement, and the statement is:
(a) Inconsistent with the declarant’s testimony;
(b) Consistent with the declarant’s testimony and offered to rebut an express or implied charge against the declarant of recent fabrication or improper influence or motive;
(c) One of identification of a person made soon after perceiving the person; or
(d) A transcript of testimony given under oath at a trial or hearing or before a grand jury; or

Meaning, when you testify to something under oath at a trial or GJ that's not hearsay. And it can be used in court. The Claus Bros. will have a lot of fun with KM's & BM's GJ testimony.
Awesome!!!

And to me, it makes more sense that the Meyerses took BM's gun and went hunting for EN, than to believe that a 15-year-old girl's very first ever driving lesson was at 11pm to practice parallel parking, and that on the way home from the driving lesson they had a road rage incident with some random driver (who was not EN and was not EN's Audi-driving friend), and that when they went out looking for the road rage driver they happened to encounter instead the local drug dealer who just happened to think that someone was out to get him that night.

But I won't derail the thread by arguing with others who think KM is a paragon of truthfulness about that night. :) I'll just state outright what I believe, which is that there was no driving lesson and no road rage that night.

I don't necessarily believe any of the stories in that I can see how there was two trips made, but not due to driving lessons. There is an important inconsistency in the description of the car from BM and KM. KM goes out of her way in saying the windows weren't tinted in being able to say she knew how many people were in the car, while BM says the windows were tinted - actually he says it twice in his testimony that the windows were tinted. That's two different cars they're describing and this was not a minor detail.

I don't know that they're friends. I think EN was her boyfriends' dealer and then when she got him for a boyfriend EN became her dealer as well (she says in her testimony that EN had been her dealer), which she became closer to EN than her boyfriend had as even though her boyfriend had known him twice as long they weren't nearly as close.
That's what I assumed, but Sonjay said she is a closer friend to EN than her boyfriend is. I'll need to really look at this since we all have different views. But what sonjay shared indicates that it's possible KK is the friend of EN more than her boyfriend is.

Do you guys think it's possible that LE had KK wear a wire and talk to EN again after she called crimestoppers?

I'm guessing he/she didn't even notice it.

DA was so very particular about whether BM & TM were "bending down" or "leaning back" during the shooting, but he doesn't even notice whether or not BM lives at the Meyers residence on Mt. Shasta.

Yes, that's a very plausible explanation.

I don't see how that confession proves M1, so I don't see a reason to deal. EN said he couldn't understand why they drove by his home and then when he got on Mt Shasta he saw multiple people in the car and what looked like someone running in to get even more weapons. EN is saying he saw at least three people with his confession. I don't think EN's confession is a slam-dunk for the prosecution, particularly if there's any video footage from the school, etc. that undermines the prosecution claims. EN had a far more clear level of escalation (hide, get in the car, flee, brandish while fleeing and then shooting and then driving back when car drove by home) than the Meyers while the Meyers seemed to escalate things far quicker and be the aggressors.

With what we have right now, I feel like it is M1. He confessed that he shot at Brandon while he was running away from him. That kid needs to never see the outside of a prison again.

Was he talking about the Buick driving past his (EN's) house, or was the Audi driving past EN's house? Ok I'm not quite sure now where EN lives, I thought it was on the same side of the street as the park, and if so he is only a few houses down from that and the Meyers would not have actually past EN's house to get to Mt. Shasta because Mt. Shasta and Carmel Peak is the beginning of where the park starts, or ends depending on what direction you are coming from.

It's not clear from what EN allegedly said there, but I do know that the Claus brothers are trying to get footage from by EN's house.

Do you guys think it's possible that LE had KK wear a wire and talk to EN again after she called crimestoppers?

She testified that she was really freaked out, and didn't want anyone to know that she was the one who called Crimestoppers. I doubt they asked her, and if they did, I doubt she would have agreed. She sounds like a nice girl who probably smokes a little weed now and then.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that LE likes to put innocent civilians potentially in harm's way by doing that sort of thing if they can possibly avoid it.

He wound't need a shortcut to his house if he was driving by his house when he said it. ;)

Something we can all agree on. That means the DA is going to have a problem with this part.

I can't even think of a different word the transcriptionist could have mistaken it for that makes sense in the context of the testimony, not to mention that Brandon repeated the words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member