GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the truth will be a very precious commodity in this trial. The DA is stuck as whatever GJ testimony or other sworn statements will be stuck on the DA. I guess what he could do is just have K and A testify as they seem the most credible of anyone and prosecute based on the EN-perspective rather than trying to tell it from the Meyers-perspective. EN's defense can undermine K and A by saying their hearsay is an imperfect second-hand story, but I don't think they could be successfully gone after as engaging in any willful lies. It would be risky, but then the prosecution would only be left with using the Meyers for victim impact statements during the sentencing phase if there is one.

I can imagine the DA would like to do that. But he can't. If he doesn't call BM & KM, the defense will..... And then the jury will wonder why the prosecution didn't call them, and will wonder what he was trying to hide.

I can't imagine anyone saying "I was in that X colored Y model (or # of doors) car made by manufacturer Z with a couple of dudes" vs "I was in my friend Julius' car with Caesar," or maybe more like "We was ridin' my brah LilJule in his cuz Salad's car"? (Sorry, I stink at making up faux gangsta names.)
I love a good Ceasar Salad!

I've never believed that EN told KK those specific details about the car that picked him up.

Another thing that bothered me about the warrant is the concluding paragraph used to link the statements to the evidence. The part about EN stated (paraphrasing here), "EN told KK the shooting happened near his house. EN is the only person who could have known that."

That doesn't make any sense. Am I the only person who noticed that? Where was it in the evidence that LE knew the shooter lived near the Meyerses prior to learning EN was the shooter?

The only darn person who knew EN lived near the shooting is KK who didn't come forward until AFTER the shooting made mainstream media. She herself said in her GJ testimony tat she called crimestoppers once she saw a news report about a shooting that matched what EN told her. Seriously think about that.

What else in KK's statement came from the media instead of EN?

More baffling to me is how Brandon failed to notice the make and model of "silver car" or at least didn't tell the police. He saw it several times from several different angles and for several minutes at a time. Brandon drove cars. He was raised by a father who is very into cars, even restoring them. EN didn't and probably couldn't care less. A ride is a ride is a ride.
I don't think there's a big difference between silver and grey and tinted and untinted. Maybe the windows looked tinted to BM because he wasn't as close to the car as KM. Or maybe one or the other is wrong about the window tint. But silver and grey are almost synonyms for car colors depending on who is describing it. Google image "silver car" and "grey car" and you'll see.

That clearly is a mistake. Obviously DA meant her and her brother. You can see from the transcript RM didn't testify.

Yes, I think the DA meant brother, but I don't think there is no requirement that if you subpoena someone to testify that they must testify. AFAIK a DA could subpoena 6 people for instance but only actually use 3 based on how a trial was going as the witnesses used in a case it is an option to call them or not. I would for instance think that Altergott would have been subpoenaed, just that he was never called to actually testify since Krisztian showed up and gave consistent testimony from what she had told LE before.

Ok here is another little something that isn't adding up from BM: He mentioned in the GJ Transcript that when he spotted the Audi they were on Starboard or Starborn, he couldn't remember the exact name, which I totally understand and I won't hold that against him.. HOWEVER, I will say that I looked up that street and it's not even close to where he lives, IF I'm reading the map right.. It's near Durango, which is a street he did mention but it's not close to the other streets where he lives.. BUT, there could be another Starboard street near his house that I'm missing.

I'm not sure if they were hunting for him or he became a target of opportunity. KM's testimony went all wonky when saying that she didn't see EN but saw someone else out there that she didn't look at. It was seeing that person and then not being clear on what they themselves were doing where TM subsequently got in the drivers seat and went home. The police have previously denied there was a road rage - in contradiction to what the DA is now saying unless the police have backtracked on that now - so taking the road rage out, you just have TM seeing someone and then going home to get BM with a gun and then driving around the same location that this suspicious person only TM looked at was last seen. That then has the weakness of why TM went after that car since it wasn't EN's car as that then becomes a hole.
The DA didn't take the "minor incident" out of the picture entirely. He's not saying nothing happened.

LE is said there wasn't road rage.

LE said there wasn't an accident.

But the DA is saying there was a separate "incident" of a man stopping them and threatening, "I'm going to kill you and your daughter."

The DA would like us to believe that's the reason TM went and got BM and his gun.

While still wanting us to believe the driver at the "incident" completely separate and uninvolved in what happened to TM and BK a few minutes later.

Then that only means one thing: TM and BM stalked and chased the WRONG CAR.

We know that didn't happen. We do. We weren't born yesterday.

Yes, I think the DA meant brother, but I don't think there is no requirement that if you subpoena someone to testify that they must testify. AFAIK a DA could subpoena 6 people for instance but only actually use 3 based on how a trial was going as the witnesses used in a case it is an option to call them or not. I would for instance think that Altergott would have been subpoenaed, just that he was never called to actually testify since Krisztian showed up and gave consistent testimony from what she had told LE before.

Pretty sure you are held in contempt if you don't testify

I like to see any of you guys at the age of 15 perform at the level you expect her to perform right after your mom had her brains blown out in your front yard.

I really don't have any expectations. You're correct, she's young and it was a traumatic experience. I'm only trying to dissect her GJ testimony. Sure, I draw from my own realities. I'm just trying to figure out if I should place any credence on her view of events.

The DA didn't take the "minor incident" out of the picture entirely. He's not saying nothing happened.

LE is said there wasn't road rage.

LE said there wasn't an accident.

But the DA is saying there was a separate "incident" of a man stopping them and threatening, "I'm going to kill you and your daughter."

The DA would like us to believe that's the reason TM went and got BM and his gun.

While still wanting us to believe the driver at the "incident" completely separate and uninvolved in what happened to TM and BK a few minutes later.

Then that only means one thing: TM and BM stalked and chased the WRONG CAR.

We know that didn't happen. We do. We weren't born yesterday.

I would like to see how you can claim to know. I don't know anything of the sort.

Another thing that bothered me about the warrant is the concluding paragraph used to link the statements to the evidence. The part about EN stated (paraphrasing here), "EN told KK the shooting happened near his house. EN is the only person who could have known that."
That doesn't make any sense. Am I the only person who noticed that? Where was it in the evidence that LE knew the shooter lived near the Meyerses prior to learning EN was the shooter?

Yes, I had commented at the time as that also didn't make sense as LE/DA would have to know affirmatively that the Audi driver knew EN didn't live around there. Also the Meyers themselves said they knew that based on social media before then. Any number of people may have known, which it seemed weird to make such a definitive statement in addition to the shooting near his house of course making national news.

KM also doesn't know how far away from home the "road-rage" incident took place, nor how much time elapsed from the time BM and TM left to search out the "road-rager" until the shootout at her home.

I'm pretty sure if my mom and bro took off with a gun, I'd remember how soon they came home, considering mom ended up dead. I'd be on pins and needles the whole time. Probably calling them and looking out the window as well. I'd love to see all the cell phone logs.
Didn't she end up saying they were away for a few minutes? That's hard to believe she felt that way. As you said, she was probably on pins and needles. That would feel like eternity to me, not a few mintues. A few minutes is like "la de da," not a care in the world that mom and brother went out with a gun after someone who threatened to kill us.

Pretty sure the DA can subpoena you and then not actually call you to testify.

DA didn't subpoena RM because RM isn't a witness. On the other hand, KM's brother did testify at the grand jury. I don't know what else is there to discuss, it's clearly obvious DA misspoke. Or it wasn't transcribed correctly by whoever was transcribing. I noticed another error, where the road rage car supposedly passed Meyer's car in a "bus path" when it clearly should be "bike path."

Pretty sure you are held in contempt if you don't testify

You're required to show up, but if the DA doesn't feel a need to call you that doesn't mean you get punished for the DA deciding not to call you up. It's like with jury duty you are required to show up for the possibly of being a juror, but you're not required to be on a jury or be held in contempt because you didn't get selected.

Um, we means more than one not to mention that clearly she keeps interrupting herself. She was probably nervous.
"My mom looked, but we didn't" seems like she was about to say "My mom looked, but we didn't look." It's reads like she cut herself off at what "we didn't do" because she realized she was about to reveal someone else was in the car with her and TM.

Didn't she end up saying they were away for a few minutes? That's hard to believe she felt that way. As you said, she was probably on pins and needles. That would feel like eternity to me, not a few mintues. A few minutes is like "la de da," not a care in the world that mom and brother went out with a gun after someone who threatened to kill us.

She did. Here is the exchange:

I don't recall.
Q. Some minutes?
A. Yes.
Q. As opposed to seconds. Is that correct?
A. Yes.
MR. STANTON: I have no further questions
of this witness and ask if any member of the Grand Jury
has any questions.

She did. Here is the exchange:

I don't recall.
Q. Some minutes?
A. Yes.
Q. As opposed to seconds. Is that correct?
A. Yes.
MR. STANTON: I have no further questions
of this witness and ask if any member of the Grand Jury
has any questions.

She never said "few minutes." So no, she didn't.

"My mom looked, but we didn't" seems like she was about to say "My mom looked, but we didn't look." It's reads like she cut herself off at what "we didn't do" because she realized she was about to reveal someone else was in the car with her and TM.

Well, I guess she could have said that, but why would she? It makes no sense. What did they do, cover their eyes?

It does seem like she cut herself off there.

My mom looked, but we didn't look.

My mom looked, but we didn't say anything to him.

My mom looked, but we didn't know him.

My mom looked, but we didn't shoot him because Brandon was still at home with his gun.

My mom looked, but we didn't worry about him because he seemed harmless.

My mom looked, but we didn't recognize him as EN because he was too far away and it was dark.

My mom looked, but we didn't go near him because he was messing around with a big gun.

Lots of possibilities there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members