GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how any of us can post something that makes this whole case make sense. We were not there, so we could only speculate.
If you follow the story, it appears to be a whole lot of mistaken identity going on. Reminds me of Shakespearean play.

To me there is clearly a backstory/more to the story/missing pieces of the story and that is why it doesn't make sense.

I think when it is all in the open, it will put a Shakespeare play to shame for its simplicity.

Amazing still how the story has changed. BM went from sleeping and being awakened for a shootout in the yard to the GJ testimony about him being "in a game" on X Box and being told to get his gun and go hunting. How will prosecutors ever explain this stuff?????

I totally agree.

If I were hoping that EN would rot in prison for the rest of his life, I would be very very angry right now at the Meyerses for telling lies, withholding information, and generally making this an extremely difficult case to prosecute.

Another thing I was thinking about KK and Zach:

1) would they have any reason to set EN up?

2) are they reliable witnesses (for instance Zach didn't testify)..

3) both called crime stoppers, which is the reward until of LE (so to speak). Do they want reward money? Are they "junkies" (excuse me, but we don't know them....) motivated by money?

Of course I will assume that they are doing their civic duty as good citizens, and it may be KK testified because she had more complete information, but they say EN told them the story and then they waited until they found a news story that matches. But maybe they found a story that matched and then they filled in details of what EN would have said?

This case sets of my hinky meter. I think TM's shooting is much more complicated than EN shot TM. TM died. EN needs to go to jail.

It FEELS like this is a blip in a much larger story-- there is a background here. There is a lot that has been left unsaid. (Like they couldn't find a Stan who was supposedly threatening EN, yet we all know there is a Stan in the neighborhood).

BTW, isn't Stan the one who called LE and had The guy arrested whose name is something like Jong...something)? There is a news article where the GF who was with this boy when arrested stated he did NOT threaten the man and son with a gun but had taken out his cell phone...

I can't declare EN guilty until I know the whole story of what happened that night. LE as far as we are aware doesn't have the Ruger (murder weapon). They don't have the car or the driver. I wouldn't be able to convict EN unless I was satisfied I knew what happened, and right now I don't think we know what happened.

Plus, there are some supposed black guys in this story too.

To me, this isn't a case of mistaken identity at all. This is an incident framed in a much larger story.

Why did no one call 911? The obvious answer is that they were all somehow involved in something illegal and that is why no one called 911. BM could have called while TM was driving. TM could have gone back in the house and called 911 and never left. TM could have called while she was driving.

That no one called 911 is HUGE to me.

They were clearly in over their heads yet they didn't call for backup.

DH and I were assaulted last year (long story, don't want to explain or discuss it... We were't injured) by a methhead and DH grabbed his gun and I called 911. We were instructed to stay put and inside a structure until LE arrived. DH grabbed the gun. I called 911. See how that works? It is the most logical thing to do, even under stress and duress.

LOL, how could he be acquitted? He admitted it.

Because the defense has PLENTY to work with and can fill in the holes with an entirely different story about how they Meyers were the aggressors who were out to get EN and that this incident frames in a much larger story of the M's threatening, intimidating and harassing EN to the point where he feared for his life, his mother's life and his one month old sister's life and since TM and BM hunted him down, he made a split second decision that it was him or them and in order to exit the cul de sac successfully, he would have to spray bullets so they could make the turn and leave.

Add into that fact that the Ms are unlikeable (by a lot and seem to have a lot to hide):

Hung jury, manslaughter, acquittal are on the table.

BTW, I'm not saying the defense is going to use exactly my story. But if anyone doesn't get that Claus brothers will fill in the blanks with a very convincing story that makes EN's not guilty plea look reasonable, then I probably can't help convince you otherwise.

The defense no doubt is conducting their own investigation of all of these players and I'm betting they will come up with a much different point-of-view for all.

BTW, I'm not saying the defense is going to use exactly my story. But if anyone doesn't get that Claus brothers will fill in the blanks with a very convincing story that makes EN's not guilty plea look reasonable, then I probably can't help convince you otherwise.

The defense no doubt is conducting their own investigation of all of these players and I'm betting they will come up with a much different point-of-view for all.

Considering their client admitting to the whole thing, I would like to see what convincing story they come up with.

I wrote some time ago: I believe that initially BM and KM were not intensively questioned due to condition of TM. Perhaps not questioned separately. Maybe at the scene just one of them told the story to police and then the other M just followed along. I think BM and KM had sufficient time to talk things out before the police really got around to hard questions. IMO.

Agree 100% the siblings no doubt had plenty of time to consult each other and dad to craft a story. Possibly hours. Possibly days. They may have initially said "someone followed us home and shot mom" and then the next day, Friday, Le got a statement and then maybe on Saturday interviewed them.

Because the defense has PLENTY to work with and can fill in the holes with an entirely different story about how they Meyers were the aggressors who were out to get EN and that this incident frames in a much larger story of the M's threatening, intimidating and harassing EN to the point where he feared for his life, his mother's life and his one month old sister's life and since TM and BM hunted him down, he made a split second decision that it was him or them and in order to exit the cul de sac successfully, he would have to spray bullets so they could make the turn and leave.

Add into that fact that the Ms are unlikeable (by a lot and seem to have a lot to hide):

Hung jury, manslaughter, acquittal are on the table.

And it's all plausible. It's not some wildly improbable fairy tale that the defense would be spinning, but an entirely plausible interpretation of events. We know EN had told friends prior to that night that he thought people were after him. We know that BM & TM went hunting for EN. We know they chased him.

And we know that the Meyerses have been telling lies from day one.

Yes, the defense has a lot to work with, and the prosecution has a lot of very difficult problems to overcome.

And it's all plausible. It's not some wildly improbable fairy tale that the defense would be spinning, but an entirely plausible interpretation of events. We know EN had told friends prior to that night that he thought people were after him. We know that BM & TM went hunting for EN. We know they chased him.

And we know that the Meyerses have been telling lies from day one.

Yes, the defense has a lot to work with, and the prosecution has a lot of very difficult problems to overcome.

Speculation!!!!!:

I'm going to venture to guess when Claus brothers investigates TM and BobM, they will find several unsavory things. :moo: :cow:

I also wonder if it will get to the point that the feds will take over. I suppose it isn't too late for that?

People involved in illegal activities don't call 911. EN I'm going to speculate is a drug dealer and had a lot of weed in his back pack. Not going to call 911.

TM and BM: what was their excuse? If they are innocent citizens with nothing illegal that will be found out, then they have no reason to not rely on society's structure to protect them.

TM and BM were handling business on their own it seems.

So..... I'm confused about something.

Under the latest version of the story, TM & KM were having their innocent driving lessons, and they were in a road rage incident with a complete stranger -- the spiky-haired dude -- who was alone in the car.

And they escaped and arrived home safely.

Tell me again why they went back out? They didn't know the spiky-haired dude and he didn't know them — so he didn't know where they live. TM wasn't afraid he would follow them home, and she wasn't trying to lure him away from the house.

Spiky-haired dude was just some random guy who in all likelihood would have been long gone by the time TM got back out on the road with BM & his gun.

So...... why did TM & BM set out to hunt for him? Why would TM have thought that a silver car sitting near the school was the same car that road-raged her earlier over on Durango or Westchase?

Well, according to Bobm, the decision to go back out was the one and only bad decision she ever made in 25 years. (I'm sure there is a link somewhere).

Well, according to Bobm, the decision to go back out was the one and only bad decision she ever made in 25 years. (I'm sure there is a link somewhere).

Her one and only bad decision in 25 years. Wow. What terrible, terrible bad luck, that she made that decision to go hunting for a spiky-haired road rage guy and ended up chasing a neighborhood kid who had a .45 handgun with him because people had been threatening him, his mother, and his baby sister.

People involved in illegal activities don't call 911. EN I'm going to speculate is a drug dealer and had a lot of weed in his back pack. Not going to call 911.

TM and BM: what was their excuse? If they are innocent citizens with nothing illegal that will be found out, then they have no reason to not rely on society's structure to protect them.

TM and BM were handling business on their own it seems.

EN's mother is a law abiding citizen. What reasons would she have to not call police if somebody is threatening to skin her and her 1 months old daughter?

In this article:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ceded-vegas-shooting-29674401?singlePage=true
there's a lawyer named Samuel Schwartz quoted who is said to be representing the Meyers family.

This Samuel Schwartz?
http://www.lawyer.com/samuel-schwartz.html
He's primarily a bankruptcy & real estate attorney.

The comments on this story show exactly why the prosecution has a huge problem. The family is unlikeable and the majority of posters seem to perceive that TM was out for some vigilante justice.

She is perceived as the aggressor. (As much as one can establish from internet comments)

The comments on this story show exactly why the prosecution has a huge problem. The family is unlikeable and the majority of posters seem to perceive that TM was out for some vigilante justice.

She is perceived as the aggressor. (As much as one can establish from internet comments)

According to the family's own story, that's exactly what she was doing.

Her one and only bad decision in 25 years. Wow. What terrible, terrible bad luck, that she made that decision to go hunting for a spiky-haired road rage guy and ended up chasing a neighborhood kid who had a .45 handgun with him because people had been threatening him, his mother, and his baby sister.

It reminds me of Scott Peterson's great luck that he was acting single, dating and had told people his wife died and by golly she disappeared and was found dead. Now he is single again which is what he wanted. How lucky for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member