GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob is a hired lawyer's worst nightmare. I wonder what the kids think of his rants/postings as well. Maybe confusion is his tactic. Well, or maybe he's just confused. IDK. It's too crazy. I'm seriously gobsmacked by his latest revelations.
It's a mystery to me. Perhaps he's hoping they'll view it as a nuisance settlement and settle for what it would cost to go to trial.

I thought RM was in CA when this happened so why is he the one speaking and not BM or KM? They were there that night.
Good point. I'm guessing he feels he's TM's spokesperson since she can't speak for herself.

Wow, the trial date is pretty close and I hope they do stream it live.
I was shocked the trial date is just a couple of months away.

If they stream it live, my life will be over! :)

I thought RM was in CA when this happened so why is he the one speaking and not BM or KM? They were there that night. Wow, the trial date is pretty close and I hope they do stream it live.

Witnesses aren't supposed to talk to the press.
So BM and KM shouldn't be talking. And as far as I can tell they haven't.

Hey there, Jjenny! I was just thinking about you, wondering if you're still a fan for the prosecution after RM's latest mindbender.

Can the defense call RM as a witness to testify what BM and KM told him about this neverending story?

Finding a way to get RM on the witness stand would be a dream come true! :D

Witnesses are allowed to talk to the press.

That's not to say that BM & KM shold be talking. They shouldn't be, and neither should Bob. But I hope he doesn't stop.

IMO, it seems he is threatening to sue the DA since the DA hasn't made a statement correcting inaccurate statements made by LE and the media.

About the lawyer he hired. He must not be a good lawyer since RM is still running his mouth. LMAO!
I am sure the lawyer required a retainer...doubt it is contingent!

It's very soon for a trial, not sure what that is about unless NV is that quick.

If trial is streamed, RM will be showboating daily. Not sure how state will control him!

Witnesses are allowed to talk to the press.

That's not to say that BM & KM shold be talking. They shouldn't be, and neither should Bob. But I hope he doesn't stop.

I have no idea what you mean by "allowed." I guess you can't make them not to talk, but I don't have any doubt they were asked not to.

Can the defense call RM as a witness to testify what BM and KM told him about this neverending story?

Finding a way to get RM on the witness stand would be a dream come true! :D

Whatever he was told or not told is hearsay. He isn't a witness.

It's a mystery to me. Perhaps he's hoping they'll view it as a nuisance settlement and settle for what it would cost to go to trial.

Good point. I'm guessing he feels he's TM's spokesperson since she can't speak for herself.

I was shocked the trial date is just a couple of months away.

If they stream it live, my life will be over! :)

Mine too ;)

I think there's always at least one lawyer who will take a lawsuit for a percentage.

I have no idea what you mean by "allowed." I guess you can't make them not to talk, but I don't have any doubt they were asked not to.

"allowed" means "not prohibited."

"Asked not to" is very different. Police are always "asking" people not to talk to the press. They can't stop them, though, because they're allowed to, and it doesn't mean they're "not supposed to."

Whatever he was told or not told is hearsay. He isn't a witness.
Why not? If the prosecution can call hearsay witnesses, EN's two friends, why can't the defense? RM's hearsay of TM and BM's stories is the same as EN's two friends hearsay of EN's story.

"allowed" means "not prohibited."

"Asked not to" is very different. Police are always "asking" people not to talk to the press. They can't stop them, though, because they're allowed to, and it doesn't mean they're "not supposed to."

If they are asked not to talk, it's a good thing they don't.

I'm thinking that this latest round of babbling from Bob might be an indication that LE has been getting tough in their questioning of RM, BM & KM. Pressing hard for the truth. Indicating that they don't believe their earlier statements.

I think Bob realized that his earlier stories aren't being believed -- so he comes out with yet another new version, and also lawyers up because he recognizes that he and his family may be getting themselves into legal hot water.

Why not? If the prosecution can call hearsay witnesses, EN's two friends, why can't the defense? RM's hearsay of TM and BM's stories is the same as EN's two friends hearsay of EN's story.

Judge decides who prosecution can and can not call.

If they are asked not to talk, it's a good thing they don't.

Not necessarily.

We have freedom of speech and freedom of the press for some very good reasons. One of those reasons is that government should not be able to operate in secrecy. That includes criminal investigations and prosecutions.

Meyerses who are smart won't talk to the press, because it'll be less they can be impeached on in court. But that doesn't mean that it's necessarily a "good thing" that they don't talk, and it certainly doesn't mean that it would be a good thing if witnesses never talked.

Not necessarily.

We have freedom of speech and freedom of the press for some very good reasons. One of those reasons is that government should not be able to operate in secrecy. That includes criminal investigations and prosecutions.

Meyerses who are smart won't talk to the press, because it'll be less they can be impeached on in court. But that doesn't mean that it's necessarily a "good thing" that they don't talk, and it certainly doesn't mean that it would be a good thing if witnesses never talked.

If I were a witness in a criminal case and was asked not to talk, I wouldn't be talking. So, yes, I consider it's a good thing.
By the way, why doesn't EN talk? He can certainly talk if he wanted to. I guess that doesn't concern you.

If I were a witness in a criminal case and was asked not to talk, I wouldn't be talking. So, yes, I consider it's a good thing.

I for one think that it's a very good thing that RM has talked as much as he has. We have been able to learn a great about this case that we wouldn't have known otherwise. We might all think EN should be convicted of first-degree murder and get the death penalty. But because RM has opened his mouth so much, we've learned that it's not as cut-and-dried as what was originally reported.

That's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member