Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mary Silvani is what the chart says.

And the only picture they have is not very good but it does look strikingly like Carl's reconstruction. Wish I could see a better close up.

Mary Silvani is what the chart says.

And the only picture they have is not very good but it does look strikingly like Carl's reconstruction. Wish I could see a better close up.

Thanks. Was listening to the press conference on my phone so it was hard to see the chart.

Here’s a couple articles about Curry’s other crimes and eventual suicide. Imgur

59678039_2432526350111449_4427811463393968128_o.jpg

Press conference mentioned that Curry is a suspect in a fourth, presumed murder where the victim’s remains have never been located. I believe they are referring to James DeWitt Robinson. Some of his belongings were discovered on Curry’s property: Imgur

He is not listed on NamUs or The Charley Project, but I can’t find anything confirming he has been found, so I think this is the guy they’re talking about.

RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11 and AP) — Washoe County homicide detectives have uncovered new DNA information in their cold case investigation into the shooting death of a woman found near Lake Tahoe in 1982.

The woman has been identified as Mary Edith Silvani who was 33-years-old at the time of her death.

She was born on September 29, 1948, and is buried at Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Cemetery in Reno.

WCSO to announce major breakthrough in 37-year-old murder investigation

Came across this--I guess they thought she was or might have been in San Diego at some point?
Request 18-2478 - NextRequest - Modern FOIA & Public Records Request Software

Most of Curry's crimes and activities seem to have been in northern California. It'd be interesting to know how both of them wound up in Nevada.

Well, Sheep’s Flat seems to be a hiking trail near Lake Tahoe—so that’s very close to California. You can go driving around Lake Tahoe and pop into California, back into Nevada, etc.

His MO seems to have been to shoot people he knew...I wonder if he DID know her. (I missed the first part of the press conference.)

Came across this--I guess they thought she was or might have been in San Diego at some point?
Request 18-2478 - NextRequest - Modern FOIA & Public Records Request Software

Most of Curry's crimes and activities seem to have been in northern California. It'd be interesting to know how both of them wound up in Nevada.

They said during the Press Conference that she was born in Michigan but moved to California as an adult and most likely lost contact with her family sometime after her move to CA (her parents are not alive to ask). I suspect he took her body to NV to dispose of her. MOO.

Well, Sheep’s Flat seems to be a hiking trail near Lake Tahoe—so that’s very close to California. You can go driving around Lake Tahoe and pop into California, back into Nevada, etc.

His MO seems to have been to shoot people he knew...I wonder if he DID know her. (I missed the first part of the press conference.)

yes but he has bay area history and that is 4 hours away. however, many of us take weekend jaunts to Tahoe.

We don't know if they knew each other. As Charlie99909 stated, there is a lot more to the story, and eventually it will be told and/or others may figure out some of it. But as a volunteer for DDP, we've signed NDA's and cannot tell the story beyond what LE officially states.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back