NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, how do you get around that picture? It is sooooooooo close!

It's one of the closest I've seen - and the rest of the physical description is a match.

Plus, (reading more about him now) his big rig truck was found abandoned at a rest stop. He was apparently a trucker. Curious if that rest stop was enroute to CA from TX. The bball cap found near the body has also been referred to as a "trucker" cap (on eBay).

I'm guessing detectives are checking again with relatives as there's no dna/dental on file.

ETA: Just read the above comment about the woman companion who was returning to CA. This is looking strong. I hope the sister can be found quickly.

I'm trying to find what part of California the Downs family originated since Blake's sister said they were renowned veterinarians.

That happened to me when I was following a murder that's currently in the news. I ended up stumbling upon a missing person and wandered down that rabbit hole.

Speaking of rabbit holes...

This thread has such a comprehensive list of missing reddish-haired white males between 6' and 6'-3" in this age range that you all could move on to each case of unidentified bodies matching this description after lcsodetective and mmarty solve this NV case.

Yup that'd be the rabbit hole! I first said WOW do we have threads for the people on this list!? Already wandered there. OY.

They're renowned animal treaters, not vegetable eaters.

:floorlaugh:

LMAO! Still drinking my coffee! I'll edit my post. Thanks.

You were still on your first pot ? :coffeews:

Thanks for the laugh. I have been taking a brain break if it hasn't been obvious, but I have been learning so much about UID and matching missing just from watching you all. :lurk:
But I am so glad because every here and there I take a break and look in on UID's because, and especially recently, missing / murdered children, teens and murdered mothers becomes a burn-out. Then when the news and LE info dries up the thread goes - well, off. Out of 30 cases I am following about 6 are active with none having recent developments.
You guys are awesome and I just wanted to say thanks.

So for a bit I will be watching and learning :lurk::websleuther:

:cheers:

Thanks for the laugh. I have been taking a brain break if it hasn't been obvious...
I'm getting a little loopy. I've gone 24 hours without sleep a couple of times in the past week shortly battling a sinus infection and flu at the same time. I took it easy yesterday, but apparently that wasn't enough to jumpstart my brain. :D

That is very interesting. Someone should go ahead and private message his sister and ask her about the t-shirt and his hair color. The detectives posted a photograph of our UID's hair back near the start of this thread so as to help us understand what they mean by "reddish brown". I would think his sister might be able to look at it and say if it's a possible match for hair color, as Tom is listed as having blonde hair, while in his photo posted in this thread it looks reddish brown instead.

I've noticed when checking the NaMus site that the first (abbreviated) page will say "blond" on some of these, but when you open up the file, page by page, it'll say "blond/strawberry. To me, his photo seemed to be strawberry blond or red, though others have said they thought it looked darker than that.

There is an L. D***es veterinarian in Dublin, CA just out side of SF.
He spells his last name differently with an E, but maybe Blake's sister spelled it wrong in her pst. There's a vet near LA who spells D**ns without an E. Does anyone have an ancestry account to figure out if either of these vets have a relative named Jennifer who would be the appropriate age today?

Bringing this over from Thomas's thread Another bizzare irony is that there is the case of Diane Downs in Oregon who shot her 3 children in 1983. Diane escaped prison in the beginning of July 1987 in Oregon and was not apprehended for a couple weeks. They did however find her in Oregon. The irony is that she was from California and has ties to Arizona with a man she was having an affair with. Now do I think she could have hitchhiked a ride with a trucker? Yes. But to end up in Texas kill the truck driver, get him to Nevada to leave him in the desert and then return to Oregon?? Plus the month would have had to been July when he disappeared instead of August. It is ironic though.

Which brings me to the fact that the woman's real name may not of been Jennifer Downs (Downes) and her family may not have been the renowned vets in california. Especially if she did do something sinister to Thomas Blake. I doubt she would have given her real name.

See #1623 - at bottom refers to Bay area
That's not the only vet in California with the last name D**ns. And this one spells it with an E. Blake's sister spelled it without an E. We can't assume this is the vet related to Jennifer without doing more research.

Also, if the doe is Thomas Blake and this mystery woman was the last one with him, how did she get his body to Northern Nevada (and why) if she killed him and if she didn't and they where just victims of robbery where is she?

That is very interesting. Someone should go ahead and private message his sister and ask her about the t-shirt and his hair color. The detectives posted a photograph of our UID's hair back near the start of this thread so as to help us understand what they mean by "reddish brown". I would think his sister might be able to look at it and say if it's a possible match for hair color, as Tom is listed as having blonde hair, while in his photo posted in this thread it looks reddish brown instead.

I'm shooting her a message...did anyone else notice that her username is bird**m?

Bringing this over from Thomas's thread Another bizzare irony is that there is the case of Diane Downs in Oregon who shot her 3 children in 1983. Diane escaped prison in the beginning of July 1987 in Oregon and was not apprehended for a couple weeks. They did however find her in Oregon. The irony is that she was from California and has ties to Arizona with a man she was having an affair with. Now do I think she could have hitchhiked a ride with a trucker? Yes. But to end up in Texas kill the truck driver, get him to Nevada to leave him in the desert and then return to Oregon?? Plus the month would have had to been July when he disappeared instead of August. It is ironic though.
Not to mention it's years apart from when our guy was found in 1992.

Which brings me to the fact that the woman's real name may not of been Jennifer Downs (Downes) and her family may not have been the renowned vets in california. Especially if she did do something sinister to Thomas Blake. I doubt she would have given her real name.
Blake's sister seems to think he purposely disappeared. She also mentioned that he could have been trafficking drugs. I'm sure she didn't make that up out of the blue. If he disappeared on purpose and continued to smuggle drugs, he could have ended up dead in Nevada five years later without Jennifer being involved whatsoever in his life by that time.

Also, if the doe is Thomas Blake and this mystery woman was the last one with him, how did she get his body to Northern Nevada (and why) if she killed him and if she didn't and they where just victims of robbery where is she?

I'm not at all familiar with the case, but from what little I've read so far, it appears his truck was left at a truckstop--so they or he (with her premeditated help) could've been accosted there under gumpoint and driven/killed elsewhere. If she was an accomplice, she could've just requested he pull off for a rest break at that particular stop.

I'm shooting her a message...did anyone else notice that her username is bird**m?
I already sent her a message, and I'm sure others have too. I hope she sees them. I'll bet the Sheriff's department in Texas can reach her if our detectives want to contact them. There's also conflicting info about whether there is DNA or not.

Where'd Steleheart's post go? I was just about to respond to it! Guess he changed his mind.

Not to mention it's years apart from when our guy was found in 1992.

Blake's sister seems to think he purposely disappeared. She also mentioned that he could have been trafficking drugs. I'm sure she didn't make that up out of the blue. If he disappeared on purpose and continued to smuggle drugs, he could have ended up dead in Nevada five years later without Jennifer being involved whatsoever in his life by that time.

This is probably what her parents believed and passed down to the sister. Possibly why the parents didn't want to talk about it all those years. It was likely based on the witness at the store saying Thomas was in there that very morning ( after his truck sat for 3 days). Without surveillance from the store it is hard to know if it was really Thomas. If it was Thomas and he did have a drug addiction and went off by himself how did his body end up in NV? Was there evidence of growth (ie beard) that would have been from him being homeless and wandering? Could he have gotten a place and lived in NV for quite some time and then met his demise?

I just can't see that after disappearing for years he ended up in a Nevada desert wrapped in a painters/movers tarp. It is possible but I would not focus solely on him. Personally I don't think he's alive and probably died when his truck was abandoned. truckers don't just leave their trucks, wallet, and other stuff to go on a drug jaunt. Especially running for 3 days.

Okay, I just shot Blake's sister a private message with a photo of the tee that our illustrious Steleheart put together. Also a link to this page 65 of this thread.

Again, has anyone noticed that her usename is BIRD**M??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro