NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wonderful, Guinevere!

Just be prepared. John Doe might start getting a sense of humor sometimes. The twitter rules require a certain amount of general tweeting. We only have so much information to work with, and I can't be a spammer with the same stuff all day. And wit can/does attract people. I'll get a feel for it quickly based on responses---generally people "follow" shortly after posting a tweet because that's the only time most people see it. That's how I've been able to figure out which tweets are attracting which people. So don't think I've gone over the deep end if he makes a joke or two here or there. lol

This one didn't get much love from you guys. Did you not like it?

"You might not even know I'm #missing. You might think I #abandoned you."

Based on a few discussions in this thread with some WS members saying some families don't consider their loved ones missing, I created this tweet to inspire people who think their family members walked out of their lives to realize something might have happened to them and look at the page.

Oh, and this one is to shame the media into covering this:

"Being a John Doe isn't glamorous news, but it's important news."

I attracted a TV news anchorperson from Portland as a follower with this tweet this morning. I'm hoping I can catch the attention of more of them if more can see it. I'm not allowed to keep tweeting the same tweet.

ETA: It is working. I am attracting media. Please don't judge which ones are good or not. I'm getting action from the ones you think aren't as good. I can't constantly spam those four states #. I need to spread my # topics around. You never know which # will work without trying. This isn't just for media but getting the public to notice too. Missing and abandoned might work.

Thanks! :)

Lets think of tweeting some celebrities with ties to missing, lost, justice, etc. Socially conscious famous people who love the poor and forgotten. Like ??

I did ask Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures who is in to the paranormal really, but lives in NV and has lots of followers ... Hopefully he will retweet .. :)

My thoughts on the underwear differences - the pair suspected to be on the victim when he died was nothing but waistband. The pair that was presumably extra and not on a decomposing body were not themselves decomposed as bad.

My suspicion is that items located on a decomposing body will get exposed to fluids and other decomposing biological matter which would deteriorate more quickly due to all of the bacteria, insects, molds, etc that happily "eat" decomposing biological matter, whereas a pair of underwear in the woods wouldn't be saturated/tainted/affected by biological material and therefor wouldn't attract the same "decomposers" and therefor would deteriorate at a different rate.

GG, thank you for bring me back to earth, LOL. Yes it is fluids, decomposition, moisture and especially biological - bacteria, proteins, enzymes, insects, and all the other actions that non contact artifacts are less effected by.

I did ask Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures who is in to the paranormal really, but lives in NV and has lots of followers ... Hopefully he will retweet .. :)
I saw that, and the other idea you did too. Thank you. I attracted a couple Vegas rappers on my other twitter account when I was tweeting about the Tammy Meyer's case. That was sort of scary for a moment since the defendant in the case is a rapper. But I've decided I'm going to invite them to follow John Doe. They have MASSIVE following. At first I hesitated because their following isn't our age group, but their following could be the children of our John Doe. In case they were truly stalking me, I'll invite them via my main twitter. That way they might actually participate and retweet a few things. Look at me, exploiting scary rappers. LOL

Just found this thread recently from the posting at the top of the WS forums, and I wanted to commend everyone here for their effort. It's great to see this cooperation with LE as well. Hopefully, this poor soul can get his name back, and there will be justice.

James T Dimick: maybe this is more info? this one sounds a lot like our UID

Namus 8654
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8654/0/
strawberry hair

Description: http://www.missingin.org/reg4670/james_t_dimick.htm
Clackamas County Oregon missing 1989 Age 30 63"

He's very large, though. did he shrink?

He's #26 on the list - still pending (seen post #137)) - he is still pending because his dentals have not been uploaded to Namus, now Detectives have to get in contact with the Portland PD to see if they can upload the dentals.

I received a response from a guy who knows much more about vintage t-shirts.

He thinks its a band/concert shirt or a Harley shirt. He's doing an in-depth search.

In the meantime, he gave me this link for finding album covers: http://seekacover.com/

Also, I reached out to the Audubon Society for help with the bird identification. Still waiting for a response from that.

I thought Harley Shirts too and looked at a whole carp load of them tonight. Didn't see anything that looked like an eagle with a sun behind it.

It would be good if a mod could edit the first post of this thread to indicate the t-shirt has been identified, as well as the artist.

Hi everyone. Popping in as I saw Tricia's tweet about the great work here.

I didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned!

I started thinking of the Grateful Doe case and how the likely match was never listed as missing. Social media helped break the potential match. I see Miss Muffet is on that with the twitter account. I'd recommend contacting the WS member who worked on Grateful Doe and did a lot of work on red*it and imgur. This is right up her alley and she could be a great partner on the SM side.

ETA: member name is greymetal. Can't link at the moment on my phone, but her social media thread is up top on the Grateful Dead subforum at the moment :)

He's #26 on the list - still pending (seen post #137)) - he is still pending because his dentals have not been uploaded to Namus, now Detectives have to get in contact with the Portland PD to see if they can upload the dentals.

Re: Dimick.

Thanks: I was just adding more detail. He evidently weighed 230 lbs and had strawberry blond hair.

On your list, wenwe4, what does # "on the list" mean?

Thanks: I was just adding more detail. He evidently weighed 230 lbs and had strawberry blond hair.

I believe the # is the # of the post in this thread they were mentioned in?

For Dimick he was the 26th person suggested on this thread. I have listed the post (p137) where he was first mentioned. If he has been mentioned again on the board with more links/info for that same person - you will see the subsequent posts i.e. (p137, 1774). HTH

I believe the # is the # of the post in this thread they were mentioned in?
Post they are mentioned in are listed ie: (p1776)

ETA: If anyone is looking for the most recent alpha list (currently #1753) check the "tags" below. I try and update every 100 posts or so.

Not sure if my partner has excluded him already, but Dimick is ruled out based on dentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro