NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trump attorney Alina Habba said in a statement Monday, "Ms. Carroll's 11th-hour attempt to amend her complaint exposes the true motivation behind her numerous lawsuits."

E Jean Carroll seeks damages from Donald Trump for CNN remarks​

In a new complaint filed on Monday, Ms Carroll is seeking unspecified damages for remarks Mr Trump made a day later during a town hall event on CNN.

It is part of a lawsuit filed in 2019.

[...]

In the amended complaint, filed in US District Court in New York, Ms Carroll's attorneys argued that awarding her "very substantial punitive damages" would punish Mr Trump and "deter him from engaging in further defamation".

Mr Trump has not yet commented publicly on the new filing.

Trump attorney Alina Habba said in a statement Monday, "Ms. Carroll's 11th-hour attempt to amend her complaint exposes the true motivation behind her numerous lawsuits."

Interesting info about Alina Habba:

In September 2022, U.S. District Court Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks dismissed a 2022 suit brought by Habba and Trump against Hillary Clinton, John Podesta, Jake Sullivan, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and numerous other public officials, private citizens, and private entities that Trump sought damages against for alleged conduct surrounding the 2016 presidential election.[30] Dismissing all of Trump's claims, Middlebrooks concluded that Trump's complaint was not just inadequate in any respect but was inadequate in all respects and expressly reserved the right to consider sanctions against Trump's attorneys at a later date.[30][31]

Two months after issuing that decision, Middlebrooks sanctioned the Trump lawyers, including Habba, Michael T. Madaio, Peter Ticktin and Jamie Alan Sasson, were assessed $50,000 penalties, plus $16,000 to cover the legal fees paid by one of the defendants.[32] Later in In January 2023, he ordered Habba Madaio & Associates, and Trump to pay $938,000 in legal costs for 31 defendants, including the Democratic National Committee, Hillary Clinton, and former FBI director James Comey.[33][34] This Order currently pending appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.

Also:

Donald Trump will appear in court by video today for his second hearing in his criminal case after he became the first US president in American history arrested and charged with a crime.

The former president will appear virtually in Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday afternoon so that Judge Juan Merchan can make sure he understands the terms of the protective order in the case.

Donald Trump will appear in court by video today for his second hearing in his criminal case after he became the first US president in American history arrested and charged with a crime.

The former president will appear virtually in Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday afternoon so that Judge Juan Merchan can make sure he understands the terms of the protective order in the case.

Trump “understanding” and actually abiding by the terms of the protective order are two very different things, as we know.
JMO.

Were these posts by Trump actually today?! If so, that says it all.

JMO

Yes. And yes.

“I don’t know E. Jean Carroll, I never met her or touched her (except on a celebrity line with her African American husband who she disgustingly called the ‘Ape,),” Trump wrote. “I wouldn’t want to know or touch her, I never abused her or raped her or took her to a dressing room 25 years ago in a crowded department store where the doors are LOCKED, she has no idea when, or did anything else to her, except deny her Fake, Made Up Story, that she wrote in a book. IT NEVER HAPPENED, IS A TOTAL SCAM, UNFAIR TRIAL!”

He wasn’t done:

“The Carroll case is part of the Democrats playbook to tarnish my name and person, much like the now fully debunked Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax, the 51 Intelligence Agents, FBI/Twitter Files, and so much more. It is being funded and tried by Democrat operatives, although this was denied by them, and when they got caught in the lie, the Clinton appointed judge would not let us use it in trial. Time will prove him to be highly partisan & very unfair. Where’s the dress she said she had?”

Yes. And yes.

“I don’t know E. Jean Carroll, I never met her or touched her (except on a celebrity line with her African American husband who she disgustingly called the ‘Ape,),” Trump wrote. “I wouldn’t want to know or touch her, I never abused her or raped her or took her to a dressing room 25 years ago in a crowded department store where the doors are LOCKED, she has no idea when, or did anything else to her, except deny her Fake, Made Up Story, that she wrote in a book. IT NEVER HAPPENED, IS A TOTAL SCAM, UNFAIR TRIAL!”

He wasn’t done:

“The Carroll case is part of the Democrats playbook to tarnish my name and person, much like the now fully debunked Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax, the 51 Intelligence Agents, FBI/Twitter Files, and so much more. It is being funded and tried by Democrat operatives, although this was denied by them, and when they got caught in the lie, the Clinton appointed judge would not let us use it in trial. Time will prove him to be highly partisan & very unfair. Where’s the dress she said she had?”

Wow! He’s on a roll. So not only is he denying he raped her, he is asserting that she is racist. What’s next? She was the shooter on the grassy knoll?

Wow! He’s on a roll. So not only is he denying he raped her, he is asserting that she is racist. What’s next? She was the shooter on the grassy knoll?
He can’t help himself. He has no one around him who will help him. So he will just continue to go on and on until hopefully it’s finally done, he just plain self destructs. IMO

He can’t help himself. He has no one around him who will help him. So he will just continue to go on and on until hopefully it’s finally done, he just plain self destructs. IMO

I don't think it's that he has no one around him who will help him. It's that he simply refuses to listen to anyone who tries to help him if he doesn't want to do what they advise.

I'm certain his lawyers have pleaded with him to stop defaming E. Jean Carroll, obviously to no avail.

I don't think it's that he has no one around him who will help him. It's that he simply refuses to listen to anyone who tries to help him if he doesn't want to do what they advise.

I'm certain his lawyers have pleaded with him to stop defaming E. Jean Carroll, obviously to no avail.
Maybe they’re getting paid? Unlike many others. And laughing all the way to the bank? IMO

I think the people around him know better than to suggest ANYTHING that goes against his known stance on the subject. If they even hint to him about something he wouldn't agree with, they would be labeled "Disloyal" and stricken from the inside circle and then treated like a traitor. People are so afraid of him that they wouldn't even think about disagreeing with him about anything. I doubt even his lawyers challenge him on anything. They get paid to agree with him and they know it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back