NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know someone raped at age 10 who never said anything to anyone until they were in their early 50's. It all depends on the mind of the victim. How someone reacts or doesn't react to trauma is very subjective. JMO
This...1000 times this. Still know an older male that was abused by Catholic priests and won't speak of it....even after an older brother got a settlement and committed suicide. I believer her.

My statements in no way include Children. That is a whole different level than anything that starts as consensual.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Actually EJC was worried the crime would help Trump:

She said she was also worried that coming forward "might make Trump more popular in states like Indiana," because "his electoral fortunes had steadily improved despite credible allegations of sexual abuse."

I agree Trump is comparable to Epstein guess that’s why they were friends.

"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy," Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined "Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery." "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it - Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Trump called Epstein 'terrific guy' before denying relationship with him

Trump does figure prominently in Epstein’s little black book so maybe we will get to see more of him in court if that gets any traction.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre has stated publicly and in court documents that she was recruited by Maxwell into a sex trafficking operation led by Epstein while she was working as a locker room attendant at Mar-a-Lago in 1999.

When Giuffre was 16, she says Maxwell approached her at Mar-a-Lago and convinced her to give Epstein massages at his Palm Beach residence. This, Giuffre testified, was how years of sexual abuse perpetrated against her by Epstein and his powerful connections began.

>>>>

But many of Epstein's known associates, including those accused by victims like Giuffre of being complicit in the sex trafficking operation, were listed. Rodriguez circled entries that he claimed were the "Holy Grail" to cracking Epstein's operation, and Trump was one of the names circled.

Under Trump's entry, 14 different phone numbers are recorded. One of them is a line listed as being for Mar-a-Lago. Epstein also recorded numbers for Ivanka Trump, Melania Trump, Trump's former personal assistant, and his various residences, along with other ways to reach the then-real estate mogul.

How one Epstein victim was said to be recruited from Mar-a-Lago, and all the other connections between the accused sex trafficker and Trump's Palm Beach resort

Of course Vanity Fair is a must read:

“He’s a Lot of Fun to Be With”: Inside Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump’s Epic Bromance

EJC was a well liked and respected high profile society columnist and writer.

Trump was not popular or respected by high society in NY.

Stormy Daniels said “the worst 90 seconds of my life” so three minutes is plenty of time for a Trump rape and a life time of disgust from it.

All IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The use of “Whataboutism” (What about Epstein’s case?) does not negate E. Jean Carroll’s experience or lawsuit. Whataboutism is a distraction that was perfected by the Soviet Union when they were criticized and was used repeatedly by Donald Trump. E. Jean Carroll is under no obligation to wait for those involved with Epstein to be investigated (which AG Barr could have done, by the way). Of course, Donald Trump was a good buddy of Epstein, as we know, so I guess we could assume that Trump would also benefit from the lack of an investigation along with other “BIG POLITICAL” and “VIP names’ you mention.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Anyone claiming rape deserves to be heard respectfully without their motives being questioned. I am of Carroll’s generation and I totally get remaining silent for all this time out of embarrassment and blaming myself for the encounter.

JMO

Yes, actually. quite a few. And it ranged from unwanted sexual advances thru a 'stop, no' to a full rape. I myself have had to fight someone off. Some conversations are quick, some took years. I totally get it. But i do believe it is a bit different when dealing with a high profile figure, financially or popularity level. Its fine to change your mind mid way through but still take responsibility for putting yourself into a 'not the best decision' situation to start with.
Respectfully, in EJC's case, her admitting to some "in kind" flirting with DJT when they ran into eachother in a department store, and going in to a dressing room to try something on he was pushing her to do, IMO, was not a lead up to her making 'not the best decision' and she shouldn't be blamed for participating in something otherwise innocent that he allegedly took full court press advantage of to attack her. IMO

@lawofruby

CARROLL Update: Post-lunch, biggest development was an email to Carroll from a random reader informing her of a 2012 Law and Order SVU episode in which a character confesses to a rape fantasy about a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room.

Carroll said she was unaware of the episode and did not know the writer, a Marygrace O’Shea. Clear insinuation, by Tacopina, however, was that the show didn’t rip its plot from the headlines but that she ripped her headline from the show.

p.s. Carroll allowed that she is a big Law and Order fan, but not an SVU watcher. Why? It’s “too violent.

Trump attorney Joe Tacopina pressed E. Jean Carroll on parts of an article she wrote in the Atlantic in August 2020.

The article, Tacopina suggests, can be viewed as Carroll trying to influence another witness’s own story against Trump by planting details. That other witness, writer Natasha Stoynoff, wrote in October 2016 that Trump attacked her while she was at Mar-a-Lago to work on a fawning piece in People magazine about Trump’s marriage to his third wife, Melania.

Stoynoff is expected to testify at this trial as one of Carroll’s supporting witnesses, which is permitted to try to demonstrate a pattern of sexual misconduct by the ex-president.

The jury just heard the CNN clip of E. Jean Carroll saying “most people think of rape as sexy,” which was mentioned in earlier testimony.

Carroll qualified her CNN comments, which were construed by Donald Trump to mean that she enjoys rape. “I think most people think of rape as being sexy because in our culture we are saturated with entertainment shows which continually show rapes to gather an audience,” she said.

She said “Game of Thrones” depicted nine rapes and over 50 attempted rapes. It was not clear where she got her numbers.

“It is used because it excites people and draws an audience. Hence, I said I think most people think of rape as being sexy,” Carroll said, adding that “rape is the most horrible, violent act that can be done against a woman or man.”

E. Jean Carroll makes $70,000 a year with her Substack newsletter, she testified. In a podcast interview played for jurors, Carroll said she got “revenge” on Elle magazine, her former employer, by having a successful Substack. “I’m now making more money,” she said in the clip. Her contract with Elle was for $5,000 a month, according to her earlier testimony.

In this civil case, E. Jean Carroll is alleging that she experienced broad reputational harm from Donald Trump’s words and actions. Carroll’s claim does not hinge on loss of income.

Jurors were shown communications depicting E. Jean Carroll planning social events with pals including fellow Trump critic Mary L. Trump, the ex-president’s estranged niece, around the time of one of her court hearings.

Carroll countered Trump attorney Joe Tacopina’s suggestion that the plans amounted to celebrating.

“Yes, we are gathering because we were very hopeful,” Carroll testified. “These are my friends. They’re supporting me, and I am happy to reread these emails I had forgotten.”
Those plans included what Tacopina called a “watch party” with friends.

Tacopina also referenced a message with comedian Kathy Griffin, who has been vocally supportive of Carroll on Twitter and is also a harsh Trump critic. The former “My Life on the D-List” reality star came under fire in 2017 for posing in a photo shoot with a fake severed Trump head.

As Trump attorney Joe Tacopina continues to try to cast doubt on E. Jean Carroll’s claims that she suffered harm from her alleged encounter with Donald Trump, Tacopina notes that she told Leslie Lebowitz, an expert witness for Carroll’s side, that she was concerned about being harmed after her story came out in 2019.

Tacopina then introduced a text exchange between Carroll and the daughter of her friend Carol Martin. In it, Carroll wrote: “Do not worry. I have been walking these great New York streets the last six days ALONE and at night, and ALL DAY LONG and receive nothing but thanks! and thumbs up! it is the opposite of ‘concern’!”

Carroll testified Monday that the message was about feeling supported in the streets of New York. “I was worried about where I live up in Orange County,” Carroll said.

As Trump attorney Joe Tacopina continues to cross-examine E. Jean Carroll, he has focused on trying to undermine her credibility. He has asked her previously why she did not file a police report about the alleged assault, and noted that she returned numerous times to the upscale department store where the alleged assault took place.

Tacopina’s latest effort to undermine her credibility includes a reference to an episode of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” from 2012, more than a decade after Carroll said the assault took place but years before she publicly disclosed it in her book, published in 2019.

The episode includes a storyline in which characters discuss a rape role-play scenario that takes place in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room — raising a not-so-subtle question for jurors about whether Carroll could have concocted her account based on one that appeared on the long-running show.

Tacopina showed an email from a woman who wrote to Carroll in June 2019 alerting her to the episode’s existence.

“I haven’t seen it, but it happens all the time with ‘Law and Order’ stories,” Carroll wrote in an email reply. “Also, there are 200 scripted shows a year on TV, this kind of thing is bound to show up. Indeed, I’m surprised this sort of plot is not seen more often.”

Carroll described herself as a fan of “Law & Order” but not the “Special Victims Unit” spinoff, which focuses exclusively on sex crimes. “It’s too violent,” she said.

Trump attorney Joe Tacopina is now discussing E. Jean Carroll’s relationship with Elle magazine, for which she wrote for nearly three decades.

Tacopina is trying to introducing other theories, besides the alleged actions of his client, for why Carroll’s relationship with the magazine deteriorated after she accused Trump in 2019 of raping her decades earlier.

Carroll acknowledged under questioning that when celebrity editor Nina Garcia took over at Elle in 2017, Carroll’s pay was cut in half, which she said was part of broader shifts in print publishing. That, along with the magazine “burying” Carroll’s column in print and online, prompted Carroll to review her contract and entertain the possibility of taking her column elsewhere.

Then, in 2019, Carroll publicly accused Trump of raping her. Carroll contends that Trump’s allegedly defamatory comments after that accusation precipitated her firing from Elle.

Trump, who was president of the United States at the time, called her a liar, and Carroll said that was “a huge hit” to her reputation.

“My trustworthiness was exploded. It just crumbled the whole foundation on which the column had rested for … years,” Carroll said.

Carroll argued that it is consequential for her work as an advice columnist to be someone who could be relied on to tell the truth. Later, under questioning, Carroll admitted that Garcia, Elle’s celebrity editor, “loathed” Carroll for publishing her book excerpt in a rival publication.

“Nina got very angry at me for publishing the excerpt in New York Magazine,” Carroll said.

Now we get to the walking tour. At some point, Carroll came up with the idea of having a walking tour in NYC that visited — historical I guess? — sites where hideous men were, well hideous.

Tacopina asks Carroll where she'd take him on the Hideous Men Walking Tour.

Carroll said she'd take him to Tiffany's first, where women couldn't speak in meetings until the 1990s.

Then to NBC.

Then to Fox News

"Then we go to CBS," Carroll said, and the old Studio 54 club.

There have been plenty of pauses as the defense browses notes and exhibits, and the delays are clearly testing Judge Lewis A. Kaplan’s patience.

“Can we just move this along now?” he asked Tacopina.

Tacopina assured him that the defense is almost done with its cross-examination.

Judge Kaplan isn’t just coming down on Tacopina — he’s also had to nudge Carroll to focus her responses as well.

“Ms. Carroll, please,” Kaplan said as her answer began to meander. “The hour grows late.”

Trump attorney Joe Tacopina has reached the end of his cross examination of E. Jean Carroll, introducing a December 2019 Maris Review podcast in which the host asks Carroll how her life had been since her book was released.

“Fabulous,” Carroll replied on the podcast. “Lots of support. Lots of love, lots of buoying me up. It’s been really pretty fabulous.”

“No further questions,” Tacopina said.

E Jean Carroll says Trump ‘ground her face in mud’ as she explains why she didn’t report rape to police

"Testifying on Monday, she explained: “I was born in 1943, I am a woman of the silent generation. Women like me were taught and trained to keep our chins up and never complain. The fact that I never went to the police is not surprising. I would never call the police about something I was ashamed of. I thought it was my fault.”

Mr Tacopina asked Ms Carroll if she accused former CBS boss Les Moonves of “going after you like an octopus while having an erection?” in her book.

“I wrote octopus, not erection,” Ms Carroll said, according to Inner City Press.

“You wrote that he was ‘pricking’,” Mr Tacopina pressed, to which Ms Carroll said she did.

When asked if Mr Moonves denied the allegation, Ms Carroll said he did so to New York magazine.

“He said it never happened,” she said.

“He simply denied it, he didn’t call me names and didn’t say I was an operative of the Democratic Party. He didn’t call me names, he didn’t grind my face into the mud like Donald Trump did,” she added."

Later this week, Carroll’s legal team is expected to call her friend, Lisa Birnbach and another woman, Carol Martin, to testify that Carroll told them about the alleged assault shortly after it occurred. Both have since corroborated the account.

Carroll testified that Birnbach told her the alleged attack was rape and to call the police. But Martin advised her to keep quiet because Trump was a powerful businessman who would “bury” her.

Carroll’s legal team is also expected to call two other women. Natasha Stoynoff, a writer for People magazine, is expected to testify that in 2005 Trump led her into an empty room and forcibly kissed her until he was interrupted. Jessica Leeds accuses Trump of assaulting her on a plane in 1979 by grabbing her breasts and trying to put his hand up her skirt.

And in the thick of it all, DJT just runs for the hills, I mean goes golfing overseas... JMO

Donald Trump makes major move amid horrible accusations

"Former American president Donald Trump arrived in Scotland on Monday.

Trump plans to play golf in the country while visiting his mother’s ancestral home. He also plans a short excursion to Ireland to hit the links.
Will be meeting with many wonderful friends, and cutting a ribbon for a new and SPECTACULAR Second Course in Aberdeen. Very Exciting,” Trump said on Truth Social.

According to Reuters, Trump’s two Scotland properties lost over $5 million in 2021.

Trump makes the trip amid horrible accusations in two court cases in America.

Manhattan attorney general Alvin Bragg accuses Trump of 34 felonies related to campaign finance violations centered on an alleged hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels to stay quiet about a previous affair during Trump’s first run for president in 2016.

Author E. Jean Carroll took the stand on Friday in a civil trial and detailed the time she alleges Trump raped her.

Trump denies all wrongdoing."

Court is over for the day. Carroll's testimony has finished, no one else testified. There will be a new witness starting tomorrow.

Here are @KlasfeldReports's live tweets for today.

Here is @innercitypress.

How much are his collectors cards and rallies bringing in? IMO he’s worth that much. I think his wealth has always been greatly exaggerated. IMO
OPM "other peoples' money" and real estate IMO.
E Jean Carroll says Trump ‘ground her face in mud’ as she explains why she didn’t report rape to police

"Testifying on Monday, she explained: “I was born in 1943, I am a woman of the silent generation. Women like me were taught and trained to keep our chins up and never complain. The fact that I never went to the police is not surprising. I would never call the police about something I was ashamed of. I thought it was my fault.”

Mr Tacopina asked Ms Carroll if she accused former CBS boss Les Moonves of “going after you like an octopus while having an erection?” in her book.

“I wrote octopus, not erection,” Ms Carroll said, according to Inner City Press.

“You wrote that he was ‘pricking’,” Mr Tacopina pressed, to which Ms Carroll said she did.

When asked if Mr Moonves denied the allegation, Ms Carroll said he did so to New York magazine.

“He said it never happened,” she said.

“He simply denied it, he didn’t call me names and didn’t say I was an operative of the Democratic Party. He didn’t call me names, he didn’t grind my face into the mud like Donald Trump did,” she added."
this is interesting- does a victim of multiple assaults need to pursue legal remedies against every attacker? Is that some new duty under the law? weird, IMO

this is interesting- does a victim of multiple assaults need to pursue legal remedies against every attacker? Is that some new duty under the law? weird, IMO
They are trying to make it look like she sued him for political reasons.

Which I think is stupid reasoning because IMO it's not illegal if that WAS her motivation, as long as he's actually guilty of what she accuses him of.

Just like the logic of asking her why she went into the dressing room in the first place. Intended to shame her, but it's poor legal logic because even if she was enjoying flirting with him initially, that doesn't give him the right to rape her.

She wasn't legally obligated to scream, or to go immediately to the police, nor to respond in the exact same way to each nonconsent experience she's had in life.

The jury will hopefully not be swayed by their attempts to shame her.

MOO

Why did she wait so many years to allege rape?
I cases like this I always wonder why someone waits 25 or 30
Years?

Agreed. And not victim blaming, just wondering, why would anyone go with a married man, to the lingerie department, and start trying on lingerie? Was she modeling the outfits for him? Trying on lingerie for herself, and he was just tagging along? She was helping him pick out a gift for his wife?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Agreed. And not victim blaming, just wondering, why would anyone go with a married man, to the lingerie department, and start trying on lingerie? Was she modeling the outfits for him? Trying on lingerie for herself, and he was just tagging along? She was helping him pick out a gift for his wife?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Respectfully…if you’ve followed the trial you would know that she didn’t try on lingerie or model it for him. He asked for her help buying a gift. She is a comedy writer and saw the whole thing as great material for a joke akin to a SNL skit and joked that he should try it on. She was fully dressed in tights and a dress when he pulled down her tights and raped her against the dressing room wall. This was all explained in her testimony, makes perfect sense and has the ring of truth. And she has thoroughly explained why she went on with her life all these years, burying the feelings of shame and embarrassment that she had gone into the dressing room with him.

But regardless, it’s DJT who has been accused of sexual assault numerous times and has admitted that being a star allows him to kiss without asking permission and grab women by their private parts. There’s a very ugly pattern with Trump and women. He’s the one who has some explaining to do. But instead he verbally attacks his accusers. It takes a brave woman to stand up to Trump and the women for whom he can apparently do no wrong.

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah