NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump fined $5,000 for violating his gag order. Justice Engoron did *not* hold him in contempt and noted it was "first time" violation and credited Trump's attorney's arguments that it was "inadvertent."

"Make no mistake: future violations, whether intentional or unintentional," will lead to "far more severe sanctions," including "possibly imprisoning" Trump

Yawn!!!

Trump fined $5,000 for violating his gag order. Justice Engoron did *not* hold him in contempt and noted it was "first time" violation and credited Trump's attorney's arguments that it was "inadvertent."

"Make no mistake: future violations, whether intentional or unintentional," will lead to "far more severe sanctions," including "possibly imprisoning" Trump

Ugh. He’s not as rich as he declares himself to be, but he is still very rich and $5000 will only hurt his pride, not his pocketbook.

I will wager that he starts to ask his supporters for $5000 each, because naturally he’s the only one standing between them and these “evil, lunatic judges who just hate Trump.”

Ugh. He’s not as rich as he declares himself to be, but he is still very rich and $5000 will only hurt his pride, not his pocketbook.

I will wager that he starts to ask his supporters for $5000 each, because naturally he’s the only one standing between them and these “evil, lunatic judges who just hate Trump.”
Yep. Expect a fund-raising email to be sent soon, if it hasn't been already sent.

But, at least the possibility of imprisonment was actually mentioned officially. With hope, that is enough to get him to comply, just like anyone else would have to comply with judge's orders.

jmo

I am sick and tired that no judge has the guts to throw him in jail --''no wonder he keeps going
Against gag orders. He is not redeemable

Judge fines Donald Trump $5,000 after post maligning court staffer is found on campaign website​

Court order fining Trump $5,000
Contributed by Michael Sisak (Associated Press)
Source: New York State Court System

Judge fines Donald Trump $5,000 after post maligning court staffer is found on campaign website​

Court order fining Trump $5,000
Contributed by Michael Sisak (Associated Press)
Source: New York State Court System
I preferred prison- He needs a night in a small cell with a miserably uncomfortable cot to sleep on-
short of that I expect him to continue to defy the gag orders

I am sick and tired that no judge has the guts to throw him in jail --''no wonder he keeps going
Against gag orders. He is not redeemable
I agree that I wish someone would throw him in jail, but I fear it may be logistics rather than guts that keep judges from doing that. I can't imagine how it would work with his security detail, etc.

Then they should look for other jobs. IMO
The fear could be not wanting to be the first person in American history to put a former president behind bars. No one wants that legacy, imo, unless there is an actual conviction.

The nation is put in this position by the selfish recklessness of one privileged man.

jmo

I would think one reasonable fear would fall into a Paul Pelosi-type category, meaning a fear of violence done by a crazed supporter, whether actually egged on by the defendent or merely imagining he did so.

I agree.

Look at this Circuit Court judge who was just murdered by a husband to whom he had not granted custody of the man’s children.

Certainly Trump’s acolytes have already proven that some of his followers are prone to violence.

I understand a judge is human, and subject to fear like anyone else.

Yet this is the job. To make sound decisions according to the law.

It must be done.

IMO

I agree.

Look at this Circuit Court judge who was just murdered by a husband to whom he had not granted custody of the man’s children.

Certainly Trump’s acolytes have already proven that some of his followers are prone to violence.

I understand a judge is human, and subject to fear like anyone else.

Yet this is the job. To make sound decisions according to the law.

It must be done.

IMO
And…this is where he has brought us to. I am getting angrier everyday! IMO

I think they are afraid his imprisonment, regardless of the length, would trigger a civil war.

Maybe? But that doesn't make sense to me.

There's no way a civil war could be started these days. I mean, the US military against terrorist cells and individuals?

A guerrilla war, now that's another possibility.

But that possibility seems so farfetched that it can't be the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori