NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

As the trial proceeds in court, Judge Engoron issued a ruling to make sure the former president and other defendants in the case are complying with his order last week canceling their New York business certificates.

The judge formally extended the deadline for Trump's team and the AG's office to submit suggestions for an independent receiver to oversee the dissolution of the companies by Oct. 26. He also directed the Trump team to turn over a full list of those companies, and to inform the monitor already overseeing the Trump Organization's financial transactions about any third parties who have ownership interests.

The order also directs Trump's team to inform the monitor in advance of any applications for new business certificates and any transfer of assets.

Judge Engoron is wasting no time. No time at all.

3 weeks for Trump Inc to name someone he doesn't own to control all that will be left of his New York companies.

Monitor to get a full list of Trump companies ( !) which will probably be very helpful for the IRS.

And the icing on the cake is this monitor will also be watching Trump Inc's dealings with their creditors, who may finally have a chance to file claims that will not be ignored.

No wonder the screaming yam ran away out of town to hide yesterday.

He is livid, even in the wee hours of the morning.

Two days after Judge Engoron made his demands, the ex-POTUS went on an early morning tirade about this legal woes via Truth Social.

"I’m in a rat’s nest of NEW YORK DEMOCRAT CORRUPTION, a reason so many companies are leaving New York, our Racist Attorney General filled a lawsuit whose facts and VALUATIONS are wrong, like $18,000,000 for Mar-a-Lago, when it is worth, perhaps, 100 times that amount, and numerous other properties, likewise, that this case is a political SHAM that should never have been brought," his tirade began.

"I DON’T EVEN GET A JURY – Therefore, a Radical Left Judge, who came up through Democrat Club System, will decide," the businessman, 77, noted around 5:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, October 5.

"It is not possible that he can be fair. Every decision he makes has been a horror show. It is why I do the set asides with the media – To explain the case, and what is going on."

"Our CORRUPT, RACIST, & INCOMPETENT A.G., Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, considered the WORST ATTORNEY GENERAL IN THE UNITED STATES, refused to bring this case under the respected 'Commercial Division,' where judges understand Valuations and Real Estate," he went on to say, taking aim at multiple people in the courtroom. "This Trump Hating Judge doesn’t. The Appellant Division must intercede, NOW!"

"It is not possible that he can be fair. Every decision he makes has been a horror show. It is why I do the set asides with the media – To explain the case, and what is going on."
-------------------------------------------
because he knows his audience and the fact that many have no clue how the legal process works so he has to tRumpsplain it to them so they understand how BIGLY MAD he is to have to waste his time being accountable for his actions like a common nobody. Oh the humanity!!

While Trump hasn’t made any further comments about the clerk, he has continued to attack Engoron.

Trump’s comments likely are permissible under the gag order, which applies to the court’s staff rather than the judge, but his continued attacks on the judge even after he was punished for his speech suggest the former president isn’t reining back his attacks on the court, as legal experts speculate he’ll eventually violate the order.

Retired federal judge John Jones III told Bloomberg that usually enforcement of gag orders is “gradual,” with the judge first giving a warning to lawyers before ordering the defendant to show up in person or levying punishments like a fine or prison time, which would be the most severe penalty for violating the order.

Attorney Bernard Alexander told Insider the judge may have to be more “creative” in whatever penalties he issues, however, given that Trump’s wealth means he can easily pay fines with little consequence. Engoron has not shied away from fining Trump in the past, previously holding him in contempt and fining him $10,000 per day when he didn’t comply with a subpoena in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ investigation against him.

While Trump hasn’t made any further comments about the clerk, he has continued to attack Engoron.

Trump’s comments likely are permissible under the gag order, which applies to the court’s staff rather than the judge, but his continued attacks on the judge even after he was punished for his speech suggest the former president isn’t reining back his attacks on the court, as legal experts speculate he’ll eventually violate the order.

Retired federal judge John Jones III told Bloombergthat usually enforcement of gag orders is “gradual,” with the judge first giving a warning to lawyers before ordering the defendant to show up in person or levying punishments like a fine or prison time, which would be the most severe penalty for violating the order. Attorney Bernard Alexander told Insider the judge may have to be more “creative” in whatever penalties he issues, however, given that Trump’s wealth means he can easily pay fines with little consequence. Engoron has not shied away from fining Trump in the past, previously holding him in contempt and fining him $10,000 per day when he didn’t comply with a subpoena in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ investigation against him.

His disparaging comments against Judge Engoron and AG James seem to be accelerating.

Will he get sanctions when he starts to openly incite violence against him? Who can do that?

Judge Engoron is wasting no time. No time at all.

3 weeks for Trump Inc to name someone he doesn't own to control all that will be left of his New York companies.

Monitor to get a full list of Trump companies ( !) which will probably be very helpful for the IRS.

And the icing on the cake is this monitor will also be watching Trump Inc's dealings with their creditors, who may finally have a chance to file claims that will not be ignored.

No wonder the screaming yam ran away out of town to hide yesterday.
tbh, I worry about what he will do with money moving, etc. in the three weeks until a monitor is named.

jmo

-------------------------------------------
because he knows his audience and the fact that many have no clue how the legal process works so he has to tRumpsplain it to them so they understand how BIGLY MAD he is to have to waste his time being accountable for his actions like a common nobody. Oh the humanity!!
Exactly.

The moms in my family have a saying, "No whining, no fussing." Apparently Mrs. Trump didn't have this motto when The Donald was growing up. I can't stand the whining.

His words are unbecoming of anyone of any age (including toddlers), but coming from someone with privilege and who held our highest office, it's brings shame to all of us. Embarrassing.

jmo

Exactly.

The moms in my family have a saying, "No whining, no fussing." Apparently Mrs. Trump didn't have this motto when The Donald was growing up. I can't stand the whining.

His words are unbecoming of anyone of any age (including toddlers), but coming from someone with privilege and who held our highest office, it's brings shame to all of us. Embarrassing.

jmo

You can easily see why his parents chose to send him to military school.

They probably should have started at age 4, if they could have found a way.

But perhaps most importantly, Trump came to court to play victim and raise money. The leading GOP presidential candidate told reporters that he was “stuck here” defending himself when he’d rather be campaigning in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina. But he was not stuck in a Manhattan state courtroom any more than he was stuck literally around the corner in the federal courthouse for the E. Jean Carroll trial he never attended. Civil trials do not require the presence of a defendant, period. Trump knows this, which is why, after the lunch break began, he left the trial — which James noted he treated as “a fundraising stop” — in the rearview mirror.

Like clockwork, the Trump campaign sent another fundraising email within the hour of Trump’s departure, accusing James of “inventing crimes out of thin air,” weaponizing the justice system against Trump, and conspiring with other “Marxists” to prevent his return to power.

And while it remains to be seen how lucrative his two-and-a-half day courtroom stint will be, something tells me that what motivated Trump to watch hours of testimony about accounting standards was — what else? — the money.

Oh look, now the defense is requesting a stay. Sounds like the truth is starting to hurt:

Defense plans to request a halt to the proceedings​

Donald Trump's legal team plans to request a stay of the ongoing fraud trial, pending their appeal of Judge Engoron's partial summary judgment ruling issued last week, defense lawyer Chris Kise notified Engoron in court.

In seeking to halt the trial, the defense team said they plan to file their request tomorrow morning and wanted to provide notice to the state.

State prosecutors objected that less than 24 hours' notice is not enough.

"That's clearly not sufficient," Engoron said of the notice, adding that the appellate court could deny the request due to the lack of proper notice.

Oct 05, 3:35 PM EDT

Defense plans to request a halt to the proceedings​

Donald Trump's legal team plans to request a stay of the ongoing fraud trial, pending their appeal of Judge Engoron's partial summary judgment ruling issued last week, defense lawyer Chris Kise notified Engoron in court.

In seeking to halt the trial, the defense team said they plan to file their request tomorrow morning and wanted to provide notice to the state.

State prosecutors objected that less than 24 hours' notice is not enough.

"That's clearly not sufficient," Engoron said of the notice, adding that the appellate court could deny the request due to the lack of proper notice.

Trump scraped the bottom of the barrel on that legal team, didn't he?
Oh my word.

He is livid, even in the wee hours of the morning.

Two days after Judge Engoron made his demands, the ex-POTUS went on an early morning tirade about this legal woes via Truth Social.

"I’m in a rat’s nest of NEW YORK DEMOCRAT CORRUPTION, a reason so many companies are leaving New York, our Racist Attorney General filled a lawsuit whose facts and VALUATIONS are wrong, like $18,000,000 for Mar-a-Lago, when it is worth, perhaps, 100 times that amount, and numerous other properties, likewise, that this case is a political SHAM that should never have been brought," his tirade began.

"I DON’T EVEN GET A JURY – Therefore, a Radical Left Judge, who came up through Democrat Club System, will decide," the businessman, 77, noted around 5:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, October 5.

"Our CORRUPT, RACIST, & INCOMPETENT A.G., Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, considered the WORST ATTORNEY GENERAL IN THE UNITED STATES, refused to bring this case under the respected 'Commercial Division,' where judges understand Valuations and Real Estate," he went on to say, taking aim at multiple people in the courtroom. "This Trump Hating Judge doesn’t. The Appellant Division must intercede, NOW!"
I imagine he got out of bed to take a poo and just wrote that diatribe as he waited on the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298