GUILTY NY - Aasiya Zubair Hassan, 37, found decapitated, Orchard Park, 12 Feb 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trying to follow this- it's just such a circus. This guy is classic. Nobody is going to believe him. He's a classic sociopath blaming everyone else for his troubles.

The professionals involved in this case are going to need a long vacation - their patience is being tested in so many ways, over and over and over.

He better hope his requests for the good doctor be COMPELLED to testify are not answered. I agree with Sedonia, that would likely open the door for prosecution to inquire after her impressions and opinions of the defendant. I doubt they are favorable to his ridiculous defense

ETA still following along with you Ohio, really appreciate the updates.

I'm still following it, too. I'm hooked on it, in fact. I read the blogs at buffalonews.com, wivb.com and, starting Wednesday, #hassan on twitter. Among the three of them, I get a more complete picture, and each of them provide information that I might not have seen on the other two.

I'm a night owl (as evidenced by the fact that it's nearly 4:30 am here in California, and I'm here posting this instead of going to sleep), so I usually sleep until noon or later, and they are almost done by the time I get up, so I already have lots to read.

I'm trying to figure out what his game is. Can he really be THAT blind to his own abusive, VIOLENT and controlling behavior?

Is he deliberately misunderstanding how devastating the testimony from his OWN WITNESSES is?

Is he so stuck on his own version of events and perceptions that he is incapable of believing he is anything other than a kind and gentle soul who was simply pushed beyond his limits, so they should let him side this time?

Is he hoping there is a closet-abuser or someone who is abused by his own spouse on the jury who will sympathize with him, thereby providing that one holdout?

Does he think he can slip in an insanity defense by demonstrating that he is insane (not gonna work, Mo)?

Is he just trying to get out of the cell for a little longer?

Is he trying to provoke some kind of response from the judge, prosecution, jury or audience that will result in a mistrial?

Is he just doing it to amuse himself, knowing he's annoying everyone, day after day, and they have to let him do it to a certain degree? Is he doing it just to piss off the judge and prosecution, not trying for a mistrial, but just for the sake of pissing them off?

Is he planning on trying to self-immolate himself in court once he finishes telling his story (fat chance -- he's much too narcissistic to physically harm himself), thereby "martyring" himself for verbally-abused husband's everywhere? Maybe that's one of the reasons he's being so closely guarded at all times (more likely they are afraid he'll go off like a powder keg on someone ELSE).

Enjoy your "control" of the courtroom, Mo; after you are sentenced you won't be in control of ANYTHING and you will understand what it is TRULY like to live in fear of those you live with. You will be micromanaged by prison personnel every day of your life (stand here, walk there, freeze, eat now or go hungry, clean your cell, bend over, stop, go, faster, slower, lights out, hands on your head, move it, and the ever-popular STFU). In addition, I'm sure other inmates will be more than happy to discuss any of YOUR personality flaws that they happen to notice and will offer helpful suggestions on how to "fix" them.

wgrz.com

"Judge Franczyk discussed the schedule looking ahead to the rest of the trial. It is all subject to change, but he expects both sides to be done with their closing arguments by Monday afternoon. At that point the jury will start deliberations. ......... The judge even went so far to say that the jury will be given menus "first thing" Monday morning, so they can have lunch ready and start deliberations right away on their Monday break."
-----------------------

and the verdict should be in before dinner.

The Buffalo News has been keeping a fairly detailed account of this case and trial, as well as live updates from the courtroom. Here's a link for the compiled coverage:

http://www.buffalonews.com/topics/mo-hassan/

I think the moment that sticks out for me most about this trial is when Mo Hassan attempted to walk out of the courtroom when the judge didn't give in to him right away about defending himself. He literally told the judge that if he didn't let him, he'd just go back to his cell, he stood up and began to shuffle his papers as if he were going to collect them and walk out...as if he were going to take a leisurely stroll back to his hotel room.

The guy is a freak show. Decapitating his wife should factor into the sentencing I would think. I hope the judge gives him the maximum.

That was fast. Good for the jury. May he rot in jail.

OhioGirl, you drove the bus on this one-thank you very very much.

I was driving home from work last night listening to the radio, and a reporter for one of the news stations who has been giving interviews and daily updates was on talking about how when the verdict came in, Mo was pretty much emotionless. The judge asked people in the audience to step out before hand. So most of the people in the courtroom were gone. I'm paraphrasing, but she said it was like once he had no one to showboat for, he didn't care.

He's a freakshow. Even though the verdict was unanimous, he made each jury member stand up and state their decision.

I wonder when they are having sentencing for him?

This is the last article I found and it's a whopper. He's a very disobedient man and very disrespectful that is very clear.
http://www.buffalonews.com/topics/mo-hassan/article348539.ece

I haven't read the article yet, but sentencing was for sometime this month. Can't remember exact date.

Mo's a sociopath, clearly. And maybe it's wrong to find amusement in his antics, but after awhile, the Mo Show became the local entertainment. People would go hang out at the court house just to watch. Supper hour TV viewing with the family. I don't know. He's a mess. All those men and women who held it together and kept their tempers in check during the trial are saints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back