NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would happen if he fired his lawyer to try to stop the case from continuing ?

Looks like you'd have to have new counsel lined up or represent yourself, but as a corporation you are not allowed to, it reads there. They do not specifically say how it works in a civil case which is what I was trying to find.

I'll dig around some more, 'cause good question! Maybe he's not allowed until after it's over and then he can whine about counsel on an appeal? Or maybe he'd have to ask to judge to change counsel, hmm.

What would happen if he fired his lawyer to try to stop the case from continuing ?
IMO! That'll be entertaining if he decides to take over. You know like Ted Bundy! In my opinion we are seeing the beginning of the melt down because he is not in control.

IMO Judge E is going to slap a gag order on him to include the attorney general. And is vocal outbursts and behavior in the courtroom will only worsen. He will not stop the delusional word salad.

There are more trials coming up so.........

Engoron, a Democrat, grew up in Queens and Long Island, where he wrote for the school newspaper and was a member of the track team, the AP story reports. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in English literature at Columbia University and graduated from the New York University School of Law in 1979, according to AP and the New York Post.

Engoron disclosed in 2012 that he drove a cab while at Columbia. “I loved the freedom, the instant cash, getting to meet people, learning how to drive like a maniac without being caught,” he said.

He also taught piano and drums and played keyboard in a bar band. He is a member of the American Civil Liberties Union and a one-time Vietnam War protester.

Engoron worked in private practice for more than a decade, served as a law clerk for 11 years at the trial-level state supreme court, was appointed in 2003 to the New York City civil court, and was elected to the state supreme court in 2015.

Engoron has “shown moments of levity” during the proceedings, according to Reuters. It points to his quip at a Sept. 22 hearing, when he said he tried to appear neutral during arguments.

“I did smile two or three times,” he said, “but that was at the sketch artist.”

AP cites another instance. On Sept. 27, lawyers representing Trump and the New York attorney general reached a rare agreement on procedural issues. “I knew this case would be a love fest,” Engoron said.

On Truth Social, Trump has described Engoron as a “a Deranged, Trump Hating Judge, who RAILROADED this FAKE CASE through a NYS Court at a speed never before seen.”

This is new. Trump is starting to grumble in court, groaning in front of the judge while making winces and exasperated shrugs.

It's a bit like watching an extinct volcano that is suddenly showing some magma shifts as if it is getting ready to erupt.

Or sputter out.

Trump was still raging last night, of course spewing more lies:

"It is so unfair that I am being tried under Section 63(12), which is unconstitutionally being used to punish me because I am substantially leading Crooked Joe Biden in the polls," he wrote. "It is a Consumer Protection Statute, and not meant, at all, for Election Interference purposes, which is what this is all about!

"Under this Section of the law, I am not even entitled to a JURY (there is no checking of a box alternative!)," he continued. "This was done by Radical Left Marxists design, and is not the America we know. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

The law Trump refers to is New York Executive Law Section 63(12), which grants the state attorney general the authority to investigate and prosecute an individual engaged in "repeated fraudulent or illegal acts" or who otherwise demonstrates "persistent fraud or illegality in the carrying on, conducting or transaction of business" on behalf of the people of New York State.

On Wednesday, during cross-examination of former Mazars accountant Donald Bender, Trump attorney Jesus Suarez tried to attack Bender’s credibility by showing that he had previously said that someone else was the lead partner on the Trump account, but the engagement documents presented in court only show his name as the Mazars partner on the Trump’s account.

Engoron stepped in an and said that there is no jury in this case, and that he didn’t think it matters who was the lead partner.

In jury trials lawyers are given leeway to raise questions about the credibility of witnesses by showing other evidence that could contradict what they’re saying; In this case, the judge is the only one to decide the witness credibility and the case.

Trump threw his hands up in the air, in response, shaking his head “no” with his arms crossed.

As the cross-examination continued, Trump once again threw his hands in the air and pointed at his ear, frustrated that it was difficult to hear Bender speak. Another Trump attorney, Alina Habba, asked Bender to speak up.

Former President Donald Trump is planning to head straight to the airport once the court breaks for lunch.

The lunch break is scheduled for around 1 p.m. ET.

Trump is expected to fly to Mar-a-Lago and remain in Florida until he flies to Iowa for his campaign stops on Saturday.

The former president is voluntarily attending the trial for the third day Wednesday — even after Judge Arthur Engoron rebuked the former president for attacking his clerk in a social media post and in comments outside his court room.

The man doth protest too much, methinks
Exactly. If I were accused of financial misdeeds (which won't happen, I assure you), I would come organized, confident, and quiet....and let the evidence I bring prove my honesty.

Name-calling and whining are not proof of innocence. I've watched enough true crime to understand defense tactics, but I don't recall throwing tantrums to be successful.

jmo

Former President Donald Trump is planning to head straight to the airport once the court breaks for lunch.

Trump is expected to fly to Mar-a-Lago and remain in Florida until he flies to Iowa for his campaign stops on Saturday.

The former president is voluntarily attending the trial for the third day Wednesday — even after Judge Arthur Engoron rebuked the former president for attacking his clerk in a social media post and in comments outside his court room.

He got bored and frustrated that his presence there accomplished nothing.

I imagine the closed meeting of the judge with attorneys, Trump and AG last night was to go over the severity of the repercussions if Trump violates the gag order or any other unacceptable behaviour.

I imagine he watches the video footage of himself on TV and can see how he looks older, with an occasional scared or defeated look in his eyes. Even puffed up and ranting, he does not look like the image he wants to present. Even his hair looks flat and old.

Looks like he can only take half a day today, and runs away to his Florida fortress.

The Emporer Has No Clothes.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
Henny Penny.
Let’s do the time warp again, back to school with him.
There will be no jury trial. Your team messed it up. There are no do-overs.

All the noise pollution he spews. I’m so ready for silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298